Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61918 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2017, 05:38:16 pm »

Oooo, that could be a problem. Maybe we could make him an insulative silk body suit that's stretched thin so we can hardly see it? Or maybe we can just live with another plot hole because I forgot we were in a freezing biome and I chose a cold blooded character and say "oh, he's just naturally cold resistant". Also I just wanted to remind you Monitor Lisard that the Horseshoe Crab Woman (I can't remember her name, I'll have to look back and see what name I gave her) is coming with a tame female puffin. She won't be a talking, functioning member of society like Urist, but she'll help pull up the little fish on fishing trips. Probably going to be shoulder mounted (if shoulder mounted doesn't work on such a shoulderless creature as a horseshoe crab woman maybe just have it sit on the upper rim of her shell?), and maybe as a team Akituh and her could teach her to do some more useful stuff? Again, creative license on how you want to handle it.

Oh, and the fortress is pretty devoid of pets right now. Maybe Kiam could bring one with him?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:09:11 pm by MottledPetrel »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2017, 09:01:53 pm »

Okay. I doubt they can use their tongue as a weapon (unless large insects attack) or to wield a weapon (except maybe a light dagger), but it could likely be used to hold lighter items. Since they lived their whole life either adventuring, and they and their family came from the mountain home (mountains are pretty cold), they are a little more cold resistant than average (yes, plot excuse). They wear clothes that don’t get dirty easily and are easy to clean, and that leave a fair amount of skin to breath through. They probably need to keep wet all the time, so I suppose they’ll need to melt some snow (frozen ocean is too frozen). Inside, they don’t wear covers on their feet or hands, but outside, they wear shoes and socks and fingerless gloves. Their clothes are made from whatever scraps of frantic they took from the enemies they fought (or ran away from). They like trees, but they also understand that tree cutting benefits the fortress, and they don’t believe that trees are super important like elves do. They can have a pet, anything anyone wants to be added for pet? Otherwise, anything is good.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2017, 09:36:01 pm »

Well, I wouldn't want to pick for you, but I was thinking something like a praying mantis. I think it's both a cool animal that can help with controlling vermin, and a statement made by your character as to how much he doesn't care about races. He would go as far as befriend an insect that would have normally been his dinner to show how even the most different of species can get along. (sorry, I'm going to try my best with the "they" thing, but my instinct is to just refer to everything with a masculine pronoun).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:39:12 pm by MottledPetrel »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:09 pm »

Fair enough. Praying Mantis as pet. Although, since they are really small, should it be a semi-giant one or something? I don’t know much about praying mantises.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »

A praying mantis would be pretty small, we could probably say it's like a special underground species of praying mantis that are around cat size to make things more interesting.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2017, 03:40:51 am »

That works. I’ll note it in the character description. Thank you.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2017, 11:58:06 am »

Journal of Kiam
Date: I have no idea
     After seven years of adventuring, I decided I might want to find somewhere to settle down. I was planning on building my own home, but then, I bumped into a caravan on the road. I asked about the news with the world, since I haven’t passed a town for what is probably weeks, and I asked where they are going. Last time I was out this way, there was nothing here. Apperently, when I was traveling through the wilds in the southeastish, a fort was established called Gremlinfort. Normally, I wouldn’t care, but the mayor is Gluk, the paladin from the swamps of the south. If they are involved, the fortress must be better than what I have seen in the past. Especially since they are mayor. Most towns I have passed through would never allow an animal man as mayor. This may finally be my chance for me to find a place I can actually support to live in!
     The others on the caravan, unless they are out hunting or something, are Vlakoth, who, besides telling me they weren’t a vampire (not sure why I would care either way. If a vampire doesn’t come after people, it isn’t my business), didn’t want to talk. There was also a grumpy seeming person. They looked like a warrior of some sort, but I don’t know. They brushed my attempt to start a conversation, and didn’t even say their name. I think they are a lone wolf. Lastly, that I saw, there was a person named Lorumet. Unlike the others, I was able to have a short conversation with them, and I learned that they are an underwater hunter and, apparently, a brewer. Neat. Apperently, Akituh sent them a letter. I have heard of Akituh, and I am glad to hear that the “farming mercenary, as I have heard them called, is here as well.
     It seems like many of the people of this fortress aren’t of majority species, so this fortress must finally be the place without speciesism I have been searching for. Anyways, I should watch the road. It is my turn to watch, not that I wouldn’t hear any danger anyways.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:16:53 pm by Kamani »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:07 pm »

Nice intro, hopefully the first of many good stories. I also love how the southeast swamps have become a "meet and greet" hot spot. I'm going to wait a little bit on my next journal entry, but when I get around to it I've got some good potential back story between us.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2017, 01:14:37 pm »

Sounds neat! I figured since they were an adventurer, they would know (or know of) the other adventurers.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2017, 01:20:02 pm »

Any idea for a name for the mantis? Kiam seems like he would just refer to it as "Mantis", but you never know. Oh, and thank you for finding Lorumet's name, I had forgotten and wasn't looking forward to sifting back through the thread for it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2017, 01:24:38 pm »

I am awful at names, so I don’t know if their mantis will be named.

Happy to assist, even if it was by mistake.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2017, 04:13:41 pm »

Next time the caravan comes by we should request barrels of blood from them. The caravans always bring barrels of blood for no reason, cheap too. And we should see if we can get any pigs, pigs don't need to graze so we can raise them underground.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2017, 06:34:00 am »

*CRUNCH*

Tuk Tuk has entered martial trance!

"AAARGH! TUK TUK CRUSH!"

*CRACK*

"Ooops".

"Follow me! CHARRRGE!"

"Wait, Chenda, no-"

*Splash*

"Gah!"

"COME 'ERE! YERR NEVERRR TAKING ME ALIVE!"

"Ack!-"

"...B-by Armok... Am Ah finally d-dead?..."

"GET UP, you LITERRAL dirty SON of a BITCH! It's not OVERR yet!"

"...Ah. Right".

Yet again, we are victorious... But this time, not without losses. The militiamen have sustained injuries, and some hardware has been lost. Since the ship had disembarked as soon as these bone marines were ashore, out trophies are limited to those wooden shields and some Xpieces of armorX in various state of decay, including a set of bismuth bronze armor... Copper and bronze make up the rest.

Meanwhile...

"...Behold! Volalbirut Atorkunthebil, as known as Whitestripe the Perfect Cat of Silkiness the black zircon figurine! Pine wood postament, encircled with bands of mussel shell and studded with obsidian! According to my calculations, it's worth 32400 crowns... Where is everyone?"

Close up of the artifact coming a bit later. Also, I need a confirmation from MottledPetrel that he does actually want his crabwoman to show up with the next migrant wave, because it's about to happen.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:38:11 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2017, 03:16:31 pm »

Yes I would like the Horseshoe Crab Woman Lorumet to show up with the next migrant wave. And that cat figurine is adorable.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2017, 03:19:03 pm »

Huh. I wonder where Gluk was during the fight. Maybe they were busy mayoring. Also, love the cat figurine.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35