Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 62109 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2017, 07:47:51 pm »

Kamani’s Journal
Date:

Gluk tried to explain the elves, and the history and purpose of this fort, but it just devolved into a bar fight. What a mess... Oddly enough... uh... what was their name? The human swordsman. I don’t think I heard their name... oh, but they seemed to be paying attention. First time they seemed to be interested in anything since we got here. They must be interested in the purpose of the fort. After all, I arrived without having understood it whatsoever. Have to say, learning more would be great, if the people fighting in the bar weren’t so loud. Ugh, what a headache! I ended up just leaving the room. I’ll have to ask Gluk or maybe Akituh about it.
     Speaking of Akituh, they seemed to be looking into the geology. I wonder if they need any help? I’ll have to ask. I have nothing to do. I might as well help someone do something useful.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:13:15 pm by Kamani »
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 19, 2017, 08:44:41 pm »

If we ever get a chance, I'd also like to see an approximate layout of the fort. It's help for both story telling and planning for future additions to the fort.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 19, 2017, 09:11:13 pm »

Yeah, we have walls, a moat (no water), a bar, and other rooms, but nothing else is known to me.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 20, 2017, 06:30:44 am »

I don't even think we have a tavern because we've had no visitors, I think that that scene is just a part of the dining hall. If so, we could probably go for a tavern when we get a chance, it could be pretty helpful for getting news from the outside world.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 20, 2017, 07:31:56 am »

You’re  likely correct, hadn’t really considered it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:43 am »

Yeah, we have walls, a moat (no water), a bar, and other rooms, but nothing else is known to me.

If we ever get a chance, I'd also like to see an approximate layout of the fort. It's help for both story telling and planning for future additions to the fort.

I want to know if we tapped the volcano yet, and if we have magma forges up, and if magma is ready for the dry moat.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 20, 2017, 03:42:19 pm »

I believe that we have at least one magma forge up and running because Frost made those helmets for us and there has been no mention of coal or charcoal. It would probably be a good idea to utilize the magma at some point, but an open magma moat might be more of a liability than it's worth. Knowing dwarf fortress, someone will probably get drunk and accidentally fall into it. If we were going to do such a thing it would probably be helpful to know the layout of the fortress so we can carefully plan the course of the magma channel so that we can put it in a both convenient and not in the way place. At the very least, lets get the elves safely on their way before someone tries to push them into the lava in a fit of rage.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 20, 2017, 04:17:18 pm »

I think that, with all the people getting drunk as of late, magma pits may be a poor choice (not that it really effects Kiam, since they don’t drink (when you leave home before you start drinking a lot, and then spend all of your time adventuring in remote places, alcohol is probably not on your list of needs. Well, if you aren’t a dwarf at least). But, considering whether we don’t know what rooms we do/don’t have, I am not going to speculate as to our magma usage.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 20, 2017, 05:13:36 pm »

Diggy can dig a 3z moat, the 3rd z can have magma, then cover it with retracting bridge, leaving a nice 2z dry moat that can be cleaned with a pull of a lever!

Oh wait, Diggy only knows digging and warm stones.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 20, 2017, 07:56:01 pm »

That's actually a pretty good solution, and we could have our resident mechanics gremlin create that for us at some point. You know, after the giant back log of ideas we currently have has been dealt with.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2017, 09:47:23 pm »

So, what all do we want to do, anyways? We could use a list or something.

Also, Kiam is going to ask Akituh if they need any help with the geology research. They need a job, so it would be a good thing to do (and since they are from the mountainhomes, they can write dwarvish well).

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 24, 2017, 08:13:52 am »

Things have taken a rough turn lately. I had my PC repaired, but I don't think I can deliver on time due to stuff happening right now. Also due to exams, I hardly have any time to spare.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 24, 2017, 10:46:04 am »

No worries. Exams stink. If you don’t have the time, that happens. The Outpost can wait.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 24, 2017, 10:46:39 am »

Real life comes first, if you've got time we'd love to see the story continue, but do what has to be done before that.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2017, 01:04:06 am »

Merry Christmas! Wonder if the Gremlinfort folk have a solstice holiday.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 35