Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61331 times)

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #435 on: January 13, 2018, 11:02:06 am »

Okay. Thank you. I very much doubt it is. I just get anxious too easily.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:13 pm »

I'd say it wouldn't be dead, I've been here too long to think a measly three week break would be enough to signal the end. Glad to see your still working on updates though, there have been some parts of this story that I've been dying to see a conclusion to.

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2018, 01:38:36 am »

Hey can I submit a character?

I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2018, 02:45:40 am »

Sure, go ahead. I'm having an exam on 20th, so I'm posting an update shortly after that.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 24, 2018, 01:35:15 pm »

Expect update tomorrow.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 24, 2018, 01:51:43 pm »

Yay! Updates!  :) Thinking about updates, I wonder when Indigo’s character will arrive. They seem interesting.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2018, 03:47:51 pm »

Updoots! Praise the sun!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2018, 12:36:27 pm »

"I am Jack of Clann Seyecé. I speak to you on behalf of these dwarves".

"Jack! Good to see you here!... Have learned something of note from the shorties yet?"

"Some crafts, yes. Anyway, the locals... I feel like I should warn you, they do not take kindly to slavers here".

"Slaves? Ah, you're so naive Jack! These dwarves, they've been torturing animal kin for ages, destroying their homes, conscripting their children... And now that the Empire is dead, it is up to us to help these poor folks!"

"Helping is one thing, but... Turning it into a lucrative business?"

"Hey, how else are we expected to survive up here? Everyone's gotta work, the clann ruled so".

"Well... Maybe Clann Vinenathele could rethink their ways... Say, if they were engaged in highly profitable trade with the dwarves? Here, a fine example of what we can offer currently..."

"...By Romimi, it's perfect!"

"Indeed, it is. So, what do you have to say about this humble offering?"

"Of course! I mean, I have to discuss it with the elders first... You have more of those, right?"

"...A unicorn, this far up north. Mhm."

"It is quite peculiar indeed. I thought at first my eyes failed me, but the wonderful beast turned out to be very, very real."

"There, down the ravine".

Hm. I don't see any-"

*CLINK*

"...You think I'm this stupid? I could smell a night creature from a mile away!... You know, I'm gonna do these nice dwarves a favor. Prepare to die!"

"Thiz bloody elv... Who he thinkz he iz? I eat fish, you eat fish, everyone eatz fish... But he getz special treatment! Berry piez, my arze".

"Well, it's not like it strains our production too much. I'd rather make sure everyone is content with their meals than-"

"AWOOO!"

"What the..."

"Ice wolves! By Armok, they cornered one of the new guys!"

Aaand we're finally back. Also, I need to upade the OP and the requests list.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:14:31 pm by Monitor Lisard »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2018, 12:41:59 pm »

Huh, the vampire’s plan... actually worked. Although now they are near a dead body that was stabbed and possibly by a vampire, which wouldn’t look anything like an ice wolf, so body recovery might show some discrepancies. Kiam is unaware still, and therefore has no opinions.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2018, 05:07:48 pm »

Well, I thought this would escalate quickly, and it definitely did. So, I say that we try to save him and weigh our options a little more before we forgive him or throw him under the bus. But, if things go south or the elves are angry at the dwarves as a whole for this there is probably a good chance that we can just be like "He's a vampire, this aggression doesn't come from the dwarven empire as a whole.". Unfortunately, the elves being able to actually sense that he is a night creature will most likely lead to some problems if we do decide to forgive him. Conversely, them being able to sense his vampirism will strengthen our story that he is indeed a rogue vampire and will hopefully stop further hostilities. There is also a pretty good chance that the elf is actually still alive at the bottom of the crevice because we a). didn't see the actual fall (most likely purposefully) b). didn't see him hit the bottom (so we have no idea if it's just a shallow crack or a giant canyon) c). If the vampire brought him all the way out there to throw him down the pit and then drink his blood chances are the crevice is only deep enough to stun and bruise him and not reduce him to a splatter on the ice (because then the vampire wouldn't have the pleasure of drinking warm blood from a living host). Overall, I have no idea where this is going to go, but hopefully we at least save the potential informal treaty Jack just made. As for the wolves, if we manage to kill a few of them we'll have some meat, hide, and bones. We could potentially knock one out or hurt it enough to pass out from pain so we could bring it back to try to tame it, but in an open fight that shouldn't be any kind of priority. Finally, I am still surprised just how damn valuable a gold goblet is when prepared correctly, we could literally buy everything they have with them for less than a single goblet is worth.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2018, 06:00:44 pm »

Thinking about it, Kiam, if they learn about the murder attempt, will push for a long jail sentence, but not a hammering (they will never push for this). Exactly how this will fit with the elves, who will probably push for execution if they learn, is unclear, but it probably won’t go very well.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2018, 06:16:59 pm »

I think it might be best to let the elves decide the punishment, or at least have a serious say, considering they are the injured party.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 25, 2018, 07:12:12 pm »

Glad I could help talk some reason into people. :p
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »

Scourge runs with a war cry to go smash ice wolf skulls, him being a polar bear man, he obviously knows the cry of such a thing

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 25, 2018, 08:56:31 pm »

Name: Kurtzat Thalim
Race: Bluejay man
Notable skills: Talented Crossbowman, Novice Carpenter, Competent Cook and Novice Wound Dresser.

Did I do this right? I'm new to these kinds of stuff.
I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 35