Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61890 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2017, 07:44:30 am »

Bump?
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:17 pm »

I don't really know what happened, last week or so Monitor Lizard said he was gonna be away for a few days. Either he is still away or unable to update, or he is working on something massive and is taking a while to drop it. No matter what it seems like we're gonna have to wait a little bit before we can get our fix.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2017, 03:43:38 pm »

Updoot tomorrow. Hope I haven't killed it by neglect yet.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2017, 03:51:24 pm »

:D

UPDOOTS!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »

Gummo Sunshine is a Peach-faced Lovebird Man. He wears a heavily bejeweled and decorated silk shirt and a comfy woolen thong.

He's a skilled Diagnostician and competent (albeit rusty) at the other medical skills, and dabbles in animal training. His cozy bungalo got attacked by a Weremammoth and he flew away as fast as his wings could carry him.

He got bitten, but doesn't yet know if the curse caught on. He's quite willing to take a nap in quarantine come the full moon if need be, in a pit or some such. Could be he's fine.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »

"Thinks she so c-competent... If it wasn't fo' me, she'd still be shoveling yak manure somewhere off th' Farms..."

"How pathetic."

"Wot on the... Who th' heck are-"

"Hear me, mortal! You filthy peasants dared to enter my realm, and are now dwelling it's most sacred grounds... Feeling merciful, however, I will give you some time to gather the meager posessions of yore and leave. Fail to do so, and you shall face your maker. This is my last and only warning".

*POOF*

"..Shit".

"Boss boss BOSS! The dead! THE DEAD ARE ATTACKING US!"

Animated corpses! They are approaching the entrance! Lock the hatch, to arms!

Militia Squad One is being assembled... As much as I trust those two, I think we'll need more than that. Any volunteers?

We're finally back on track with this meager updoot. Choose your gear and join the ranks. Also, you could probably come up witha better name and uniform for Militia Squad One.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:01:14 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2017, 04:13:28 pm »

Well... I suppose if... You asked so nicely... Give me a... Hammer, and I shall smite the undead in the name of... The... Queen, and the... Gods!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2017, 04:25:50 pm »

Name them the Beasts. :D

Now, I'm not much for direct martial intervention... but I think I know our layout and stocks pretty well. Get me the biggest boulder we have; I want it ready to be tossed down the mountain at a moment's notice.

(Please recall, we are in a volcano.)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2017, 04:44:36 pm »

"Vggyl no bt gkf xc ng."

"<I will volunteer. The unnatural abominations shall fall. I need no weapon, my jaws are enough.>"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2017, 05:14:00 pm »

Akituh, Snapping Turtle Man

I've been enjoying my time here at, uh, Gremlinfort. As much as I enjoy their acceptance of the minor races I find it a little surprising that they went with such a blunt showing of it. I had expected to find it named "MurderSword" or "BloodKeep" or something equally brutal. It doesn't matter much anyway, it's not like I'm out advertising trying to convince more migrants to come. That being said, I have sent letters to some close friends asking if they cared to join me... The most notable of which being a trusted companion who has accompanied me in many of my endevours, Lorumet, Horseshoe Crab Woman. She is very skilled in underwater hunting and could supply the fort with fish if that blue haze near the horizon is indeed the ocean and not some valley or something. Even if it isn't, she is also a very good brewer. Why she chose two such unrelated professions I do not know, but her blueberry wine is to die for, and we have no lack of blueberries as it is one of our three crops. I should probably should go check if that is indeed a body of water before I start preaching of her skills to the fort asking if she can join. Upon beginning my walk out into the tundra I couldn't help but smell something close to musky decomposition. This seemed impossible at the time because most things in the tundra were buried in the snow long before they had a chance to get to that level of decomposition. I looked around trying to find the source of the smell, waking Urist who had been asleep on my shoulder for the majority of the day's field work. "...hm...what. Akituh, where are we? why are we so far away from the fort.", I wasn't really in the mood to tell him about the letters I had sent back with the caravan that had brought us here. Knowing him he would claim I had the intention of romancing Lorumet, which wouldn't be completely wrong. She's nice, but being a crustacean I feel like we are too biologically different for something like that. "If you hadn't been sleeping all day you'd know! Anyway, do you see anything weird, the stench of old death is on the horizon and I have a feeling things are gonna get weird." I have a much better sense of smell than him, but his bird eyes were almost that of an eagle "Nope... just snow and more snow... wait, wait, there seems to be a group of undead shambling our way." how he said that as if it wasn't a problem I will never know, but before he could protest I was already running back. So long for my dream of peaceful retirement. It seems that the fort had already discerned that something was wrong but I informed them of the threat of imminent invasion. After that I ran to our burrow, not much yet really, more of the start of a hole in the wall but it was home. I pushed aside our spare clothes and other scattered belongings to reveal the spot where I had buried the emergency chest, something I had hoped I wouldn't have to ever do. It was a small thing really, somehow I had managed to smuggle it in without anyone noticing in hope that they wouldn't find its contents and induct me into the military. I have never liked violence, I feel that it is always better to try to talk down confrontation and work out an understanding. But the dead don't take prisoners as I've come to know, and a while back I had made friends with a great weaponsmith (who also received a letter) who had made me a special parting present and taught me how to use it. Urist still hadn't picked up on the severity of the situation, but when he saw me pull out the contents of the chest he knew I intended to defend my new home "Akituh, is that, I thought you got rid of that years ago! You hate violence!" I had pulled out one of my few irreplaceable possessions, a very unique sword. It was an iron sword with a steel edge going around the both sides that had a mild wave to it, supposedly to help with the "cutting" as my friend had put it. "I do, and hope I don't have to partake in much more of it. But not everyone can be parleyed with, and we have one of those special cases on our doorstep. I will be damned if I lose any of my new friends to them!" the people here had definitely come to like me, a few I would definitely consider friends at this point. Before Urist could press the subject I pulled out a small dagger matching the make of my sword."He made you one too Urist, I couldn't bare to give it to you in fear you'd become a violent bird and I'd lose my best friend. But if they make it through us and inside I want you to have it to try to avenge me." I was gonna leave him inside, no way I would risk losing him if it could be avoided. Urist picked up the dagger I handed him and swung it around a little with surprising grace that told me he had a decent amount of experience with daggers. "If we repel them Urist and everything turns out to be fine, I'll look into making us matching holsters. But if they offer to make me permanent military I'm gonna have to decline. We may now be carrying these weapons every where we go from now on but we aren't brutes. These claws and this beak were made to farm, not rend flesh." He agreed to keep an eye on the rest of those who wouldn't be fighting as I made my way to the hastily assembling fighting force to defend my new homeland until we had more willing participants to do so. May the gods have mercy on us and let us live in peace.

Akituh, Snapping Turtle Man

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2017, 09:03:25 pm »

"Whitestrrrrripe, stay vith Urrrrrist the parrrrrrrrrrot, Scourrrrge vill be back" Scourge said, setting Whitestripe down next to Urist, and then walking outside sharpening his claws on a rock

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2017, 09:21:58 pm »

Journal of Ineth Bitespear:
  The dead are here. I was right to worry. Well, I've slayed hordes of corpses before, and quickly too. But that was at a chokepoint, Mostly, where they couldn't surround and overwhelm me... I hope that I can replicate that again, and slay them quickly. Otherwise, I may die. A worthy death, a warriors death, and one I would be fine with. What I worry about, however, is my corpse being raised into the horde and my body slaying my companions and compatriots.
  I hope I may help this day, and I hope I may at least halt the menace for everyone to get indoors. If my death can save you all, let it. Do not let my final act be in vain. Even though I have slaughtered hordes of them before, that was when I was in just the right spot. If I die, I request a small tomb, engraved with the words: "Rakust of Nitiglokum, tharnas of hordes", and for my axe and shield to be buried with me.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2017, 01:51:29 am »

I hate to interrupt all this valor, but I'm going to have to pass. I'm more of an idea gremlin. Besides, my hypothetical future technically non-existent wife and kids back home would miss me... Speaking of ideas, though, how about green robes over the armour with a yellow insignia and a cowl with pointed ears for the uniform of the Gremlin Foreign Legion?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2017, 09:05:34 am »

Diggy asks, "are we going to tap the precious insides of the volcano yet?"

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2017, 09:38:03 am »

Mwuahaha I love the XCOM-inspired squad selection screen. Time to switch to isometric view!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35