Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 62014 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2017, 04:14:28 pm »

but it would be better if we could have any resemblance of military strategy other than just "Run out and hack everything to pieces".
but that's the dwarven way

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2017, 04:58:12 pm »

Oh it's totally the dwarven (and right) way to do it. But my character is a snapping turtle man, he values reason instead of senseless violence. If it comes down to senseless violence though he'll go along with the plan.

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2017, 03:53:48 am »

Pretty cool so far! PTW
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2017, 02:52:55 pm »

Updoot tomorrow, brace yerselves.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2017, 05:02:51 pm »

Huzzah

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2017, 03:58:00 pm »

The roaming dead are not given to flights of fancy. Those restless husks only know one tactic - overwhelming the defenders with raw numbers. Although they do utilise weapons to some extent, their abilities are usually impeded by the decay. Here in the Nirt, however, the climate preserves them dead well.

Chenda did succeed... I say, well beyond my expectations. Instead of letting the roamers close, he took a fight to them. T'was a horrible slaughter, but everyone did well, and returned unscathed.

The leutenant went in first, aiming for the roamers backbones. Despite the limitations of th' tiger man's weapon, it scored him two kills... I wonder, what is his experience with the dead?

The new guy Ineth also did great, chopping zombies right and left. He scored 3 kills.

Oldie Imic was surprisngly swift with the hammer, taking down one zombie and maiming many others.

To be frank, I was fearing for our wrestlers, the southerner and the northerner, since the roamers do not care about pain, or even joint displacement. They proved my fears false, both Gluk and Scourge. I guess, being massive and having strength of several dwarves has it's benefits? They have scored one kill each, the bear did leave quite a mess though... Unlike Gluk, his prey looks clean and tidy.

While we managed to survive the attack, I doubt that the King will go easy on us next time. I'm having Imic and Spinor design an aboveground fortification to protect the depot, and it's up to Tuk Tuk to do most of the constuction. We're getting our first caravan soon, which means new migrants and trade possibilities...

Huh, what is that? It seems Old Imic decided to name the hammer he had borrowed from Frost!

The next update will be more substantial than that, I promice.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 04:11:41 pm by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2017, 04:08:40 pm »

Awesome.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2017, 04:57:01 pm »

Aww, I thought that I said I wanted in on the first fight  :-\. Oh well, I guess it'll help with maintaining that my character doesn't like violence. I'm gonna be working on my character's interpretation of these events. I'm gonna try to bring in another character if no one objects, and no one has confirmed or denied if we are near the ocean, if no one comes up with anything I think I'm just gonna go with that that blue blur in the initial picture of the fortress setup was the ocean.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2017, 01:06:56 am »

Imic has named an Iron warhammer Ironfist the hammer of beating
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2017, 01:43:46 pm »

Aww, I thought that I said I wanted in on the first fight  :-\. Oh well, I guess it'll help with maintaining that my character doesn't like violence. I'm gonna be working on my character's interpretation of these events. I'm gonna try to bring in another character if no one objects, and no one has confirmed or denied if we are near the ocean, if no one comes up with anything I think I'm just gonna go with that that blue blur in the initial picture of the fortress setup was the ocean.

It is the icy ocean indeed! Sorry, I'll try to make up for that blunder with additional art featuring our turtle hero and his parrot friend!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »

I was hoping it was a frozen ocean  :D. Eventually I would like to bring in a friend of the turtle, a horseshoe crab woman fisherman and partial brewer, but until I figure out how I'm gonna make her personality I'm just gonna have some letters go back and forth between them. I'll let you know when I intend to get her to Gremlinfort. But once she does and we make a way to drill into the frozen ocean there's gonna be some big game fishing going on, not just measly mackerels, there's gonna be shark leather for all!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2017, 03:57:22 pm »

If turrrrrrtle hunts polarrrrrr bearrrrr, Scourrrrge vill eat turrrrtle soup in turrrrtle shell

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »

I had no intention of it Scourge, last time I checked polar bear men weren't fish. But you could join us in the underwater hunt if you care to. I've been told that polar bears (and probably their man varieties) are good fishers who hunt under the ice for hours on end.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2017, 04:41:10 pm »

The warmth emanating from the smooth obsidian walls has made his slumber quite restful.  Diggy is awakened by a sharp pebbled scrapping his behind.  With a deep thirst, he began seeking to quench it with fine dwarven brews.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 35