Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61342 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #270 on: November 14, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »

SURPRISE is the major ELEMENT of this PLAN. I don't know to what extent they can THINK but they might FIGURE us if we try to reuse the same PLOY over and over.
I never fought UNDEAD so I'm just GUESSING. In GENERAL it is a bad IDEA to reuse the same PLAN against the same ENEMY.

ALSO the more COMPLEX the plan the more LIKELY it is to FAIL
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:34:25 pm by Cathar »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 14, 2017, 06:46:50 pm »

Ineth said he's fought undead, lets ask him his opinion on how intelligent skeletons are.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #272 on: November 14, 2017, 07:06:43 pm »

OKAY you can discuss all you WANT, but I'll be going to fight the BONE MEN while you do so. No time to LOSE

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 16, 2017, 01:38:12 pm »

We should just stay at the back of the bridge. They can only really go across one at a time with that.
-Ineth Bitespear
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 16, 2017, 03:18:34 pm »

Just a quick heads up: update is taking longer than expected. In the meantime, check out these WIP designs for the possible future denizens of Gremlinfort: snow dwarf's Human Swordman and MottledPetrel's own Horseshoe Crab Woman. I'm refining those, so any feedback is welcome.

Exellent art as always, Cathar!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:26:21 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 16, 2017, 04:47:04 pm »

I love it. I only have two comments on it (and I can only imagine how hard it is to even begin to ponder the anatomy of a horseshoe crab, so do what you want with these comments), horseshoe crabs a giant needle like tail and they have a mouth that look like a combination of a shredder and a chainsaw with some broken razor blades thrown in for good measure. On a real horseshoe crab it would be where the legs meet in the center of the body, but on a humanoid I guess it would make sense to put it where the mouth usually goes? I like how the head looks now though, with only the eyes really visible as a feature. So maybe the mouth is only visible in all of its shredding glory when she decides to open it? I don't know, it's your call on how you want to handle this, but keep up the good work nonetheless.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 16, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »

Crablady should definitely have a tail, as it's one of the most recognisable parts of a horseshoe crab. I feel like the human needs some reproportioning, too... the head and shoulders region in particular feels sort of off to me. Not super helpful, I know, but I can't quite put my finger on it at this point.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »

I think that it might be that his legs are a little too short and small, even with the assumption that he's leaning over it looks a little like he has baby legs. (sorry for such small criticism Monitor Lisard, but I didn't notice it until Maximum spun pointed it out and now it's really bugging me).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:40:11 pm by MottledPetrel »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 16, 2017, 11:58:24 pm »

Well, I just stumbled upon this, so I am posting to watch. Would it be possible for me to get a character, or are there already enough?
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2017, 02:35:16 am »

Thanks for the feedback, lads. I'd say that short legs was a deliberate measure because I can only afford simpler cartoony graphics with my current skills. As for the tails, yes, I keep forgetting adding those to beastmen characters.

Well, I just stumbled upon this, so I am posting to watch. Would it be possible for me to get a character, or are there already enough?

Of course it would possible! Post your description, and they will arrive with the next migrant wave.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2017, 01:26:23 pm »

Character submission

Name: Vlakoth
Race: Definitely a dwarf and not a vampire, secretly or otherwise.
Skills: Beast-Training, Woodcutting, Carpentry, Necromancy
Description: Vlakoth was once a prestigious Dungeon Master, who took it hard when his position was abolished. Something of a washed up dwarf (and not vampire) now, he has drifted to this remote outpost to drown his sorrows in blood alcohol, with nothing but his trusty axe. Seemingly, Vlakoth believes there are trees underground. He definitely has no plans to secretly take over the undead of the area.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:04:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:39 pm »

Character Submission
Name: Kiam
Race: Green Tree Frog Man
Profession: Ex-Adventurer
Description: An optimistic adventure who once lived in the mountain home, but left because they felt like they weren’t treated as well as the dwarves they grew up with. They came to the fortress when they heard a leech man became mayor, in hopes of finding a place where nobody cares about species. They think werecreatures are cool, since, as they would put it, “They aren’t stuck in one form.” That werecreatures are vicious monsters hasn’t really occurred to them. They aren’t used to being ordered around, but they are loyal to people they believe deserve respect. They use the word “they” as a singular genderless pronoun to refer to everyone unless told not to. Including themselves (they are male). They don’t think species really matters for anything except dietary and climatary needs. They tend to fight by jumping at their enemies and then hitting them with their weapon (which is typically whatever they grabbed off their foes that looked the best). They are kind of oblivious to what others are thinking, especially since they barely talked to anyone in their 7 year adventuring career. They did learn how to speak several languages, even if it was just so they could shout, “I don’t want to fight in the relevant language.

Edit: Responses to questions about character:
 I doubt they can use their tongue as a weapon (unless large insects attack) or to wield a weapon (except maybe a light dagger), but it could likely be used to hold lighter items. Since they lived their whole life either adventuring, and they and their family came from the mountain home (mountains are pretty cold), they are a little more cold resistant than average (yes, plot excuse). They wear clothes that don’t get dirty easily and are easy to clean, or just scraps they found, and that leave a fair amount of skin to breath through. They probably need to keep damp skin all the time, so I suppose they’ll need to melt some snow (frozen ocean is too frozen). Inside, they don’t wear covers on their feet or hands, but outside, they wear shoes and socks and fingerless gloves. Their clothes are made from whatever scraps of cloth they took from the enemies they fought (or ran away from). They like trees, but they also understand that tree cutting benefits the fortress, and they don’t believe that trees are super important like elves do.

They also have a pet praying mantis that, because it is a rare cavern variant, is about the size of a cat. It cannot speak, and they aren’t hyper intelligent, just like as intelligent as a dog. They chose it partially because they would stereotypically eat insects, so they got a pet one instead, and largely because they thought it was cool. It can hunt vermin, but otherwise isn’t super useful.

Sorry if that is a bit specific.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:38:31 am by Kamani »
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2017, 05:19:09 pm »

We really need to get some farm animals to satiate all these bloodsucking creatures. But welcome aboard nonetheless, if you're trying for a hobby of world domination just try not to kill us in the process.

You definitely chose the right place for species equality. Besides the two dwarves here no two citizens are of the same species, and everyone is welcome to come and work with their special natural abilities. And trust me, you can never be too specific with your character. The more specific you are, the more potential plot seeds we have to make the story more interesting. Just out of curiosity now that I'm here, can he use his tongue as a weapon or opposable limb? Any particular clothes he likes to wear? I would think that would be a conundrum because of how a frog breathes and drinks through it's skin. Other than the fact that the mucus coming off the frog's skin would probably ruin the clothes, and the sticky pads on their hands and feet would be a nuisance in shoes and gloves. Any particular affiliation to nature? Being a tree frog I'm not sure how they would handle the cutting down of trees. Maybe we could make sure to save a fungus tree or two to live in, if that's what your guy is into and I'm not just stereotyping it. Sorry that I'm dissecting your character so much, but I'm genuinely intrigued as to how a green tree frog man would work out these problems. But that's the glory of character creation, now you've got so many more potential layers of depth you can delve into.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2017, 05:28:42 pm »

I feel like he's going to arrive and just instantly die from the mucus freezing because cold blooded amphibian

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2017, 05:32:14 pm »

Eh, the leech man and snapping turtle man are fine. I don’t think they make all that much more sense. Not that I know much about leeches. I’ll think about those questions later, since I am busy now, but I will once I am not busy.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35