Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61328 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2017, 08:13:33 pm »

Every time a dilemma comes up we always of some grand way to solve it that will supposedly ensure that we get the most out of the given situation. I thank you Monitor Lisard for giving us that Dwarf Fortress realism of everything going wrong all the time, definitely makes the experience more enjoyable. On that note, I think our first priority is to fish everyone out of that ditch without creating a permanent escape way from it. Then, we should make a sturdier bridge out of stone, preferably with mechanisms to retract it. The swords from the skeletons should be retrieved and we should give all able bodies in the fort one as a self defense weapon. If possible we should give them at least minimal training with it so they don't cut themselves or the guy next to them. I'll volunteer for that, seeing as I'm the only one in the fort with sword skill. If anyone wants additional training for self defense use I could do that in my free time with them. The broken armor should be taken and melted down. The bars should be saved for now, but their next use should be towards breast plates for the army, seeing as how all the vital organs can then be covered. Sturdier shields should be next for those who use them. The still usable armor should be saved and given to those that fit inside it. If no one does we should still save it in case we ever get a citizen that can fit into them, or so we can melt it when we are in dire straits and need metal. As for our artifact, we should definitely save that. Maybe carve out a little alcove for it in one of the hallways. Put it on a nice pedestal of the highest quality behind a glass window so no one steals it. Speaking of which, the kobold should be kept away from it so she doesn't get tempted. Once we have an adequate engraver of some sort we could have them engrave some sort of scene of the warriors fending off the skeletons with Scourge behind them holding up the podium with the artifact on it. And does this mean that Scourge is now a legendary gemcutter or gemsetter? I'd like to give Scourge a pat on the back for such a work of art.

Look at me, going off on a tangent full of grand ideas right after I thanked Monitor Lisard for putting reality to my ideas. Next thing I know someone is going to place the artifact on a table and color all around it with green marker and say "this is the level of skill we had for completing this task". Wait, don't actually do that.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2017, 09:35:50 am »

Journal of Kiam
Date: Probably someone knows, but, no worries. It doesn’t matter.

I figured I should write another entry before I reached Gremlinfort. Mantis is back, after having been out hunting. Thankfully, they can feed themselves, because I don’t really know how I would get cat-sized praying mantis food. We are supposed to arrive soon, and it has gotten quite cold. Ugh, reminds me of the mountainhome in winter. Even if the cold isn’t so bad (although I could use some more cloth scraps to patch these clothes... Maybe Gremlinfort will have spares), I prefer not to remember the mountainhome. Anyways, going to wrap this up. Apperently, the undead in the area are quite hostile (no clue why. Why fight, especially if you can’t even die of old age? Shame every single undead I have met has been such a jerk), so I should be on my guard. The others are doing well, since I am writing.

(OOC: Not much to say this time, just wanted to bring in Mantis, and have up one more entry before I actually reached Gremlinfort.)
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2017, 02:22:38 pm »

While we're at it, here's the close up of Volalbirut Atorkunthebil I promiced to show you earlier.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:07 pm »

I think Scourge just created the artifact that will one day inspire the Internet.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2017, 05:24:57 pm »

I love it. It is an adorable artifact.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »

It's beautiful.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2017, 05:57:37 pm »

I think Scourge just created the artifact that will one day inspire the Internet.
sigging this

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:00 pm »

Tuk Tuk takes some of our recently acquired and broken bones and makes a set of bone gauntlets as well as a helmet for himself.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »

Has Diggy find any iron ores and channel magma to setup smelters and The Great Forge yet?

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2017, 05:49:37 am »

Ma binge sobriety has taken quite a toll on dis place... It occured tae me recently that, uh, we have no actual sourse of income tae speak about... Shame, really. Of course, we have dat gold from th' cluster Diggy found earlier, but it's very limited, twenty sumthin' bars at best, and Ah'd rather we keep some in case of, uh, emergency... As fer now, we're livin' off herring and berry wine Akituh has been providing fer us. We've run outta wood, bones, and leather, we have no stray animals and no one is hunting. That weird parrot only has mussel shells to use in it's crafts now... Prepared food, milk an' blood stocks are low...Th' miner's still scouting fer metals, Frost is currently smelting trashed armor... Low-value gemstones lay uncut since Ah've been busy chugging water, and Scourge was working on dat artifact of his... Tuk Tuk has shaved himself recently again, gave us some yarn... It's funny how we have these gold doors and artifacts even though we hardly produce anything. Well, at least th' military has been doin' pretty alright.

Speaking of military, th'troll tried tae save us some materials and fancied himself a set of armor made from invaders' brittle bones... While it won't hold together fer long, it's still something. Ah wish other would come up wit' some ideas how tae make use of hwat we have better.

Seems like th' elves showed oop earlier than Ah expected... Let's see what out neighbours have tae offer.

"Good day to you sir! The Elves of Amaneseniti welcome their honorable allies... I'm glad we have someone alive settling beside us now! Anyway, what is it you desire, my friend? Finest wines? Exquisite foods? Delicate cloth? Most able servants? Trained animals? Grown wood?..."

Along wit' the caravan, sum migrants came in... A rugged-looking human swordman, a pale dwarf and two beastmen. Huh, is it just me or does dat dwarf look familiar?...

Looks like we're gettin' closer tae being a propa township now.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:29:26 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2017, 07:54:50 am »

Yay! A. Updates! and B. Kiam and co. showed up. Journal entry next time I have some time to write.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 29, 2017, 08:57:55 am »

Scourge stands near enough to the trading depot to see what they have, preparing to smash elf skulls if they bring polar bears to trade

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 29, 2017, 09:20:25 am »

There's no pictures  :(
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 29, 2017, 09:29:42 am »

There are pictures. Odd that you are unable to see them, wonder why that isn't working.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35