Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 62064 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #330 on: December 02, 2017, 11:01:08 am »

I'm super sorry...There's just too much text to read so I'll pass my turn. English is not my first language

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2017, 12:38:43 pm »

Basically, the elven caravan has come to trade and we have only trash gems and a few bone and shell crafts to trade them. They're calling us "honorable allies/trade partners" or something, probably because we have no trees to cut down. They come with exotic animals, the usual elven wooden trinkets and such, and animal men slaves servants. We intend to buy a few, free them, and then treat them as normal citizens. One of which is a Tigerwoman. I would think that Chedna would jump on such an opportunity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:45:53 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2017, 02:25:01 pm »

"Gty zxc bhy rtfh ng dlq."

"<Above all else, we need to buy and free the animal men.>"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2017, 03:01:14 pm »

I would agree that freeing animal men is a priority, but we should also take this opportunity to acquire supplies that we aren't able to make ourselves. Such as a few grown wood logs and a breeding pair of animals to help sustain the citizens who feed off of blood.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2017, 04:48:31 pm »

Well, I’d have to vote for free the slaves above all else. Umm, should there be a vote or something.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 02, 2017, 06:46:03 pm »

Nah, it won't be worth it now because people's opinions can change when they see the specifics of what the elves have for sale. And I realize now that I have done next to nothing to introduce Lorumet. She's a lot like Akituh (cool and collected, valuing logic and the overthinking of plans) but to a lesser degree. She's more bubbly and personable, but not to the point of being a social butterfly. She prefers to get things done quickly and efficiently, and the 8 opposable arms allow her to do things with almost blinding speed (not that brewing is really a job that can be done quickly, but oh well). Other than that I'm just going to see how my journal ramblings make her out to be.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2017, 11:49:18 pm »

Fair enough. Well, nice to be able to understand Lorumet better.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #337 on: December 04, 2017, 01:49:19 pm »

Basically, the elven caravan has come to trade and we have only trash gems and a few bone and shell crafts to trade them. They're calling us "honorable allies/trade partners" or something, probably because we have no trees to cut down. They come with exotic animals, the usual elven wooden trinkets and such, and animal men slaves servants. We intend to buy a few, free them, and then treat them as normal citizens. One of which is a Tigerwoman. I would think that Chedna would jump on such an opportunity.

Oh dear tiger god, alright, damn.  Hold on, I have the best pickup line ever. Let me just draw something real quick

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 04, 2017, 02:19:10 pm »

We could just... steal them. Who would ever know?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #339 on: December 04, 2017, 02:36:41 pm »

LETS GO AND KILL

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2017, 03:34:23 pm »

You were correct in saying that you had the best pickup line ever, that was amazing. Wow this situation is deteriorating quickly. We've got a good portion of the fort who wants to deal with this civilly, and then a small portion calling for war. As touchy of a topic as this is I would like to greatly discourage people from getting our dwarven nation in a war with the elven nation over the inhabitants of one small outpost. Let us at least see what they have to say after they have a little time to settle in and explain their reasons for such indentured servitude. THEN, we can have the discussion of what we should do about it.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »

Perbaps we should just seize them, as last I checked, they won't go to war if it happens once

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 04, 2017, 06:02:59 pm »

Do you have any idea how detrimental that would be to our cause? We have to be a shining beacon of animal men working together as civilized, diplomatic people if we are to ever put an end to this. Attacking the elves and stealing their wares will only cement their ideology that animal men are savages and cannot be trusted to their own devices. This will only increase enslavement of our people and make the situation much worse. But if we were to treat them with reserved hospitality and show them that we have created our own civilized settlement we might be able to change their view of us. When they return home with news of a settlement up north where diplomacy is run by civilized animal men they may start to change their beliefs that animal men are lesser. They may start to see that animal men are sentient creatures that shouldn't be enslaved as they currently are. But if they return home and tell a tale of savage animal men living in a collective, filthy den who attacked them on sight we will not only lose a trade partner but our shot at showing the world that animal men can be treated as equals. So I ask you fellow animal men brothers and sisters, to please put aside your anger and instinct so that we may make our mark upon these elves as a shining example of what our people can be like.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 04, 2017, 06:11:25 pm »

Okay, good speech. I’m going with Akituh’s plan. And Gluk’s. Just not the “seize their slaves and/or rip the to shreds”. Convincing reason not to start a war.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #344 on: December 04, 2017, 10:33:34 pm »

Those who do not make a peaceful revolution POSSIBLE make a violent revolution DELICIOUS. Look I'm not saying slavery is wrong PER SAY, I'm just saying we also need PROPER FOOD for a BALANCED diet
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35