Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 62012 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2017, 10:37:38 pm »

[Meanwhile, Jack Frost is uncomfortable with the situation.]
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2017, 10:39:29 pm »

Can I buy the snailbro, though? I already have, like, thirty-nine different trap ideas based on it. Wait, forty.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #347 on: December 04, 2017, 10:58:07 pm »

In the end, I'll go with the MAJORITY but my position is very clear on the fact I want a WAR with the guys with WOODEN STICKS.
You PEOPLE keep talking about AVOIDING war and I don't understand WHY !

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2017, 02:45:30 pm »

"So, uh... Bout those servants ye've mentioned. Can Ah take a look?"

"Of course, darling! Might I mention, it is us, Clann Vinenathele, who provides the most well-behaved and properly trained vassals for local patrons... Please follow me".

"Nisa, come in!... A fine young tigerwoman from the southern jungles, purchased from her parents at a very young age... She's still quite young, brash, and inexperienced. I have to mention that she lacks any particular skills as for now, exept for dancing. Still, take a closer look at her toned, lithe body... I'm sure you could always make use use of her natural talents and capabilities, whatever those might be. She will cost you mere 400 crowns.

...And here we have another able servant, Lulo. Despite their... Highly unusual appearance, this one is quite respected among the tribals. They're a well-known mason, who learned their trade from the dwarves and put it to good use in the south. We've been lucky to... Take on such a capable individual. Normally we would bid him farewell for 500 crowns of so, but this snailman here is worth much more than this... How about 1 thousand?

"And last, but not the least, my personal favourite - young Sareve. Despite their young age, this stoat kit is a keen writer and an aspiring scholar! Who knows, one day their dreams might come true. I'm not parting with him for less than a thousand".

So that makes 2400 in total, not countin' other goods... Unless th'broker or summone else talks sense into them. Huh, dat's a sum we can spare. 16 bars of pure gold is sure a lot, though. Maybe Frost can work on some quality goblets to sell? Metal things are really valuable among them sharp ears.

But hwat about th'armor we scavenged from th'skeletons?... Let's see... Helms, breastplates and swords... Multiply by five... Roight, tha makes, uh... 1800 something. Plus one made from bismuth bronze... Equals 250... Including the shields... Wait, these shields are made of wood. That gives us 2100, plust the possible discount. On th'other hand, soldiers will have my arse for selling th' armor they could've used. Eh, should have a word with Gluck first.

"Grr, dose bloody elfz... Letz git goin' before I give in ta my urgez and rip zeir facez off..."

"Hold on Scourge!... Dear guest, might I ask about your plans for the future? What about those children of yours?"

"Children?... Yes, has many young brothers, sisters. Need go. But outside cold. Can stay?"

Updated the OP yet again. Last two weeks have been rather hectic for me, which resulted in sharp decline in update length and quality. Thanks for all the input! Next time, I'm trying to deliver something more refined.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:08:42 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 05, 2017, 03:05:33 pm »

"Ng gla olo. Dr tgx df kplzxtqrtsdfghcvbnm/Yr glk gbgbgr."

<"Just use the gold to free the animal men. I don't want to give one crown more than we have to these (untranslatable)/But we need to keep from being seen as savages."

Can I buy the snailbro, though? I already have, like, thirty-nine different trap ideas based on it. Wait, forty.

"Blk dr."

"<Also, I think the kobold should be allowed to bring it's family, if it likes."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 03:07:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 05, 2017, 03:12:14 pm »

STOATFRIEND

ADORABLE

MUST HAVE

Er. Ahem. Uh, yes, seconding the kobold party. If they live here, they will steal stuff from other places and bring it back here to us, after all. Sure, they may be thieving vermin, but aren't we all, deep down?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 05, 2017, 03:13:03 pm »

So, what's the probability that Jack Frost can convince the other elves that slavery is bad?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #352 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:14 pm »

With a SPEAR to the FACE I would say PRETTY high.
Come ON people, kicking slavers BUTTS is justice, not SAVAGERY.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 05, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »

Damnit, mate, I'm a blacksmith, not a soldier!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:32 pm »

Also, new poll is up, if somebody didn't pay attention.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 05, 2017, 04:07:35 pm »

I'm really not sure what our stance is on slavery at this point. Some people are saying that slavery is straight bad, some are saying it's only bad under certain situations, some don't like it because it's our people that are being enslaved, some people don't really care either way, and some are just standing out of it not wanting to get involved. I've got a potential plan in the works, but it's going to take me a little bit to finish it.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 05, 2017, 04:17:51 pm »

Anything it takes to get them all short of starting a war. Kiam sides with Gluk.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 05, 2017, 05:04:52 pm »

"oor Trophys iz worthlus, luts buy 'uz sum slaves wit' 'em."
Tuk Tuk Says, Walking up to the elves and stretching his massive muscles.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 05, 2017, 05:20:56 pm »

Scourge growled "Buy zlaves at any cozt, much az I want to murrrrrder veze brrrrutez, it would mozt likely be beterrrr to not

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 05, 2017, 05:26:28 pm »

Oh, right, but we should let Stokobolrikis (the kobold, if anyone forgot their name) stay (and any of their family) as long as they work some (we are too small to afford people who don’t work). In interest of avoiding wars, we probably shouldn’t have Stokobolrikis go steal from others.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 35