Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 61885 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »

Well, when you get your pc working again could you try to give us an approximate release date for the next updoot? It's fine if you can't, I'm just always eager to see what turns this story takes.

Edit: So, because I got bored, I decided to do some quick inventory on the geology of the area. Because we live on the side of a volcano most of the land is made up of obsidian, which is an igneous extrusive layer stone. I was going to ask if those white pillars we have were made out of a flux stone that could have come from an adjacent sedimentary layer, but they could possibly be made out of dacite, alunite, or stibnite, which are almost white stones that form naturally in igneous extrusive layers. Please correct me if this is not the case and some other stone was used. As for ores, we have a decent assortment of the orthodox ores: hematite (iron), native copper (copper), galena (lead and silver), native gold (gold), and native aluminum (aluminum). In addition to that, the igneous extrusive layers have a multitude of ores that can't be refined in dwarf fortress, but we could probably refine with a little bit of extra effort should we find them. These include: cinnabar (mercury sulfide, which can easily be refined to mercury), brimstone (a natural crystaline form of nearly pure sulfur), realgar (arsenic sulfide), orpiment (arsenic sulfide), cobaltite (cobalt), pyrolustite (manganese), and hornblende (titanium). In addition to this, turquoises and all forms of zircon can be found. Tetrahedrite, microcline, and a large amount of trashy gems can also be found in all types of stone layers. If we get a chance, we should try to acquire some of these usually untouched lesser ores for !SCIENCE!, as well as try to locate one of the stone layers surrounding the volcano to see if we can find other ores as well. I would also like to ask Diggy to try to save these minerals and send them to me if he is to find any of them.
Akituh Ponders Geology! (after trading, of course)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:12:34 am by MottledPetrel »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 12, 2017, 10:38:13 am »

"Ng kmm br! Jmmk. Kr wwb nqwa gr ssrk, brww mg qww. Ng"

("Good evening, gentlemen! Please, take a seat. Today I would like to discuss with you a matter of importance, namely, the surroundings of this very fortress and our place in the Empire. Recent events have shown that some additional education on this issue is required".)

"Ns grrf kw br kkra ng dw bwa, prr, grwwk mg sw. Kssw brwa prf ng-"

("It is no secret indeed, this outpost was meant to be the first step in reclaiming the Nirt. A stronghold, one to hold against the most dangerous adversary the kingdom has ever faced. This task would have been impossible if it wasn't for the many allies that have helped our people in these dire times. Today, I'm going to talk about our neighbours, the elves of-"

"Awwwww COME on *hic* GHLUKH! Y'HATE fun orr *hic* sumthin?... Jus' lettuse send em bloody SHARRP EARRS to hwere they b'long, ta th' pits o' TARTAR! Mwahahah!-"

"Oi boss, DIBS ON THAT SNAILMAN! And on the stoat friend too! I need someone to write my book down for me! "1001 Ideas for Traps Featuring Snailmen!" Sounds brilliant, roight?!"

"Harr, hwat arre SNAILS good fer? They jus' *hic* leave GOO e'rrywhere-"

"Then read my book to find out! Besides, goo isn't much worse than hairballs. Thanks to you, th' quarter block needs to be vacuumed every so often!"

"Gah! YOU LIL' BOSHTARRD-"

...Ng.

This one is a bit short since it's obviously experimental. If you like it, I'll try to present the proper update using the same technique.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 10:42:11 am by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2017, 11:12:38 am »

I like the new style.

I enjoy how much more expressive the characters seem to be. Only thing is I'd prefer Gluk's limbs without the squid suckers. His new teeth are cool.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:57:24 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2017, 01:41:10 pm »

It's lovely!  By the way, is Diggy still digging deeper and deeper, or did we tap that volcano yet?  And is he practicing weapon / armor smithing yet?

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 12, 2017, 02:04:52 pm »

Style is fine with me.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 12, 2017, 03:47:50 pm »

I like the new style, it seems that it allows you to be a lot more expressive with your scenes than you were able to be with the pre made sprites you had. That was a pretty amusing scene by the way. I'd like it if there could be at least some light color, and maybe a basic background, but that's up to you. Gluk having squid tentacles was a little weird, but then again, I have no idea what kind of limbs a leech would have. Also, I'm not sure if people saw the geological research I did earlier for no reason, but considering how little time trading takes and how the farms just have to be planted and harvested with a lot of time in the middle, I think I'd like to spend some of my free time experimenting with the commonly unused ores I mentioned to see if I can devise a way to extract useful materials from them. If Diggy finds any of those ores that would usually be discarded as "oddly colored stone" I'd like to have them for testing. And if I find any useful findings I would like to ask the Stoatman kit to help me write them down in a book, or at least as notes. I know how to read and write in dwarven, but my ability to write in dwarven is probably too basic to be able to accurately describe the scientific process. I would write it in the snapping turtleman language (in which I am fluent), but then no one would really be able to read it. Finally, it would probably be beneficial if we were to erect a stone drawbridge in front of the doors to the fort so that we may close them during emergencies. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to let the invaders deface the art if we need to hole up inside for a while. Spinor could also add some traps to it, if he so desires.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #396 on: December 12, 2017, 04:54:59 pm »

>Handrawn stories
This is so, so much better. More !

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 12, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »

Agreeing with MottledPetrel’s ideas. Kiam is busy backing Gluk in debates.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 12, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »

It seems to have turned more into a bar fight than a debate. If Gluk needs someone to support him or vouch for him during it I'll help, but I'm not going to actively put myself up there (at this point I really have no idea what point of view I'm going for. I was originally going for me just being his thought process and have his actual speech be in the form of journals and such, but at this point I'm just going back and forth between too many things. Your best guess as to what is out of character and what is in is probably good enough).

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:14 pm »

I am too busy to be writing journals this week, but I should have them back next week.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2017, 09:45:31 am »

The totally normal human swordsman doesn't suddenly get way more interested in Gluk's speech, when he hears the stronghold Nirt being mentioned, because it surely doesn't contain an ancient elvish artifact that he totally wasn't searching for.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 14, 2017, 09:54:06 am »

So, how is... Everyone doing? The Queen... Wouldn't... Be happy... If people were thinking anything... Unsavoury.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2017, 07:43:07 pm »

That's a very long string of unnecessarily specific details to have not happened. But oh well, maybe you could tell us more about this nonexistent artifact that you weren't searching for? Also, I wouldn't mind taking an updoot (after we deal with the current issues at hand) to have a quick history lesson as well as a general overview of the political situation of the dwarven empire that I am now a part of. It's always helpful to know if we should be on the look out for human and/or elven trade caravans or human and/or elven raiding parties.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2017, 09:31:51 pm »

I would also appreciate some history and political knowledge. But yeah, the artifact thing reminds me of a dwarf who is definitely not a vampire. Good thing none of that is true.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2017, 11:15:45 am »

Honestly I'm leaving my human character, most of his decisions, his background, subplots etc. to Monitor Lisard, cause I believe that he can use it as the 'GM' in a more rewarding and cool way than I could without the knowledge of the plot and history of the world. I will, however make some minor decisions and slightly lead the character in directions that I want to see him go.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35