Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this comic continue?

Yes please!
- 12 (100%)
I don't care enough.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care about this one in particular, but I'd like to see more comics from you in the future!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game  (Read 62088 times)

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: The Outpost: Illustrated Community Game
« Reply #465 on: February 02, 2018, 07:19:16 pm »

In game, DF elves accept leather and meat products, and only get offended when offered either wood or byproducts of wood. "At peace with nature" means elves do not get attacked by savage creatures unless they attack first. They still get attacked by trained animals, and will attack animals that are domesticated by an hostile civ, even untrained

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 02, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »

Fair enough.
Boundworlds: A Multiverse Creation and Exploration Action RPG
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 02, 2018, 07:28:54 pm »

Huh, I thought they didn't accept animal products, but the wiki supports the point that they do. I guess you learn something new every day. Discount my point on caring about the elves seeing us killing the wolves, just don't let them see our wooden sign with boots all over it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:38:29 pm by MottledPetrel »

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 04, 2018, 03:07:13 pm »

Updoot tomorrow, featuring a new character! Also, updated the OP. Please remind me if I have forgotten about any requests.
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 04, 2018, 03:10:22 pm »

Wooh! Updoots! Only character requests I know are IndigoFenix and Robotala.
Good if you can't focus on a single project long enough to make a full game. Or for making an entire large game, if you feel like it.

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 04, 2018, 11:16:48 pm »

Cheery and Excitable, Kurtzat Thalim is the kind of guy who talks just a little bit too much. He lives a simple life in a human settlement as a simple farmer, growing bored of this life, he seeks a new place to settle. He overheard talk of a new dwarven settlement that supposedly accepts all races, including animal men, intrigued by this rumor he decides to see the said settlement for himself.

Kurtzat Thalim wears a grey tunic, a black cloak, a blue vest and white trousers.

Also, woo updoot!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:51:53 pm by Robotala »
I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2018, 11:53:53 pm »

There we go. Now we understand more about who your character is. Thank you.

Edit: I hope Kiam is involved in the updoot. Can’t really write a journal otherwise.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »

Ice wolves are dangerous creatures indeed. They are huge, powerful and, what's more important, they come in packs. These beasts are said to be incredibly fierce, violent and absolutely untameable, even by those at peace with nature. They do have some weaknesses though.

First, they are not bearproof.

"HUFF- Gah, you got LUCKY, bearrr boy... UFF- Next time, I'm showing you how a RRREAL HUNTER works-"

"By Armok, what's that!?"

"...And then I subdued the otherrr wolf and rrrescued the peasants from the rrravine. Busy day, rright".

"Oh my! I hope you don't have to fight beasts like those too often?"

"Not anymorre, I guess. We're doing a lot to keep it safe herre".

"Oh dear."

"It is very unfortunate that we have to leave this soon. Our good friend's life is at stake, and we ought to hurry back to Amaneseniti to give him a proper treatment. I have ordered to unload the goods you purchased earlier".

"T's indeed shameful such a disaster occured durin' your stay. I hope our relations will not be overshadow'd by dis... Freak accident. We're truly sorry tae have caused you trouble. May I offer you to stay here for a bit more? Our very competent medic could take a look at your friend at our hospital".

"Oh, I thank you for your kind offer, but uhh... We dare not to... Uhm... Sadly, we have to go."

Great. Those ice wolves really strained our diplomacy efforts. I wonder, why did they attack the elf first? It's almost if they were guided by the King himself... Hm.

Meanwhile...

"Phew, all this digging right next to a volcano makes me thirsty. Good thing I have my trusty flask right here!"

"Mhm?"

"..."

"Bzzx".

"What the..."

You have discovered an expansive cavern deep underground.

And finally, meet Fortuthri the Worker Ant Woman! Ant men are actually cobold-sized, but I made her a bit taller than that. Slowly going back to regular updates.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm always looking forward to Cathars comics because they're just plain awesome! Heh, I'm waiting for those more than for my own updates even  :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:31:30 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2018, 02:51:17 pm »

Fortu broke through the thin wall with the last of her strength and crawled out into the open passage.  A thin and cold breeze touched her antennae with unfamiliar scents.  What strange creature was this that stood before her?  It resembled a troglodyte, but smaller, and it wore cloth unlike any she had seen before.

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through her injured side.  The octopamine rush that had sustained her during the long struggle upwards ended, and exhaustion struck her like the bite from a giant cave spider.  Fortu clicked her mandibles against the pain, then stumbled forward.

Fortuthri gives in to pain!
Fortuthri has fallen unconscious.

(Eee!  Good to join in!  I actually did picture the antfolk being tiny (and bipedal), though I guess everyone appearing roughly the same height can be considered an effect of the drawing style.)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »

Imic was walking about, making notes, drawing sketches, planning out something sinister.
I wonder... If... Maybe we could... Build a... Library... cough cough cough... Gods, I need to stop smoking this damned pipe...
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Kamani

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello hello hello!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 05, 2018, 03:56:01 pm »

Kiam’s Journal
Date: (OoC: Okay, this joke is getting old. What is the date?)
It has not been a good day. Ice wolves attacked Vlakoth and one of the elves, and even though Chenda and Scourge fought them off, the elf was injured. Although... it seems weird that the elf was hurt and Vlakoth was fine. The elf had a greatsword and shield, and Vlakoth only had a dagger, which somehow got knocked entirely out of their hand a fair distance without hurting them. And why were they out in the freezing cold together? I hope Vlakoth didn’t end up in a duel with them or something stupid like that. I’ll ask them about it. Somewhere public. But after I helped bring the elf back to the caravan (I hope they don’t get really mad about that. I’ll suggest we offer them some goods as an apology), I learned that an ant person had somehow tunneled up from the caves (we might want to block that off...), and fainted right in front of Diggy. I hope they are okay. They looked terribly injured. I’ll have to talk with them once they wake up and see what happened to them.

OoC (wanted to make this stuff more clear):
Actions Kiam will take:
- Asking Vlakoth what was up with all the suspicious stuff (in public) (a good lie can fool Kiam, but adventurers have to be good enough observers to notice the weird weapons situation).
- Talking to Fortuthri once they wake up (if they share a language. Kiam knows a fair number of languages, but they are not a linguist).

Kiam’s Suggestions:
- Give the elves free valuables to reduce anger.
- Patch that hole in the wall to caves.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 05, 2018, 05:08:15 pm »

Where's sheriff Ineth when you need him? We need some dwarven justice on the scene. Scratch that, we need mild and restrained dwarven justice on the scene. I suggest we hold Vlakoth restrained in a cage somewhere until we can get the information as to what happened or his closest approximation of what happened. After that, I don't know, we'll see what we can do from there. Also, I guess we've got a free ice wolf now, having it be untamable is probably going to be a problem though. I guess we can cage it for now until we really have a use for it, but we could eventually use it as a moat beast if we feel like it. That being said, we'd have to do a serious job of improving the moat first. It would have to be at least twice as deep, preferably with stone walls, but chances are that will never be a priority. Chances are we could probably put a muzzle on it and shear it if we're careful, and we could milk it if it's a female. It'd be a very inconvenient farm animal, but it's about all we've got as of now.

Now that the caverns have been opened we'll be getting spores growing on any available dirt, so we might be able to find some plump helmets and cave wheat for cultivation. As for Fortu, ant anatomy is a lot different than that of a vertebrate, but as long as there isn't any serious internal damage I'm sure Gummo can patch up anything that is leaking. Communication is going to be difficult, but this can possibly be solved with my idea for communicating with the kobold that got shut down wasn't needed. We can draw/engrave images pertaining information we'd like to know and hold them up in hopes that she will understand. These drawings can be supplemented by gestures or we can act it out if necessary. Then, we can hand her a slate/paper to allow her to try to draw what she thinks would be an answer. Because ants communicate chiefly through pheromones and antennae movements it is unlikely that we will ever be able to directly communicate with her or her to us, but hopefully we can eventually get to a point where we can relay vague messages.

Speaking of kobold, did we ever get an answer from the one currently in the fort, and do we know if she actually left her family to die out in the tundra or if they were made up?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 05, 2018, 05:41:08 pm »

((To be honest, I wasn't actually expecting that to actually work go so well)) Scourge hauled the ice wolf(wolves?) into the fortress

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 05, 2018, 07:18:55 pm »

Fortu broke through the thin wall ... and crawled out into the open passage... clicked her mandibles against the pain, then stumbled forward.

Fortuthri gives in to pain!
Fortuthri has fallen unconscious.

Diggy was about to sip from his flask of dwarven rum when he was surprised at the sudden movement and crumbling of the wall. 

There is movement of someone crawling towards him, and collapsed! 

Diggy rushed forward to the fallen, unsure of what to do other than offer his flask, "here, drink this."

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 05, 2018, 10:54:27 pm »

is there a doctor in the fort?
I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35