Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 77037 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.
« on: July 21, 2017, 03:43:57 pm »

~~~~RULES~~~~

1. All non-IC stuff is to be posted at the OOC thread. Violators will be spanked.

2. Post formatting mandatory. As such:
Colored normal text for PC speech!
Colored italized text for PC thinking.
*Colored small text or between asterisks for PC whispering*
Normal text for generic descriptive text.
Bolded text for PC actions and orders!

3. Order of battle posts:
Players' actions -> GM resolves -> Player's actions -> GM resolves ... until all player actions have been posted -> GM posts Enemy/Ally Phase and new turn map -> Start again
If you need an action resolved before making another ask in the OOC thread.

4. Don't post until your character is properly introduced!

5. Be active if you can! I don't care if you don't want to RP, but try to post your action within a reasonable time. If you have to be warned several times your character may be automoved or put in the away list.
If you can't post for personal reasons, try to warn the rest in the OOC thread. Delegating actions to other people is also allowed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:46:40 pm by Solymr »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Prologue: A Warm Welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 03:48:37 pm »

~~~~Prologue: A Warm Welcome~~~~
Slowly but surely, the stagecoach carries the few people that took on Kovitz's offer. Alongside the coach, a horse, a pegasus and a wyvern advance at the same pace. Inside the coach, the adventurers wait for the arrival.

We're close! Only an hour left until Kovitz.

The driver yelled so that the travelers could hear. They'd been in the coach for some time, and with nothing else to do, it was about time for them to get to know each other.

//Everyone is in!

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Prologue: A Warm Welcome.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 04:07:40 pm »

Anna, who had her eyes mostly focussed outside the stagecoach to look at the various mounts who accompanied them, kept to herself for most of the trip for now. The other travellers didn't interest her, but wondered who would eventually learn to fight with the wyvern and the horse, but especially the wyvern.
She would share the air space with that person, after all.

Anna sighed. She hoped to complete her training to become a full fledged pegasus rider before embarking on the journey, but she couldn't quite gain the pegasus' trust. Eventually, she gave herself a pep talk, that would change.

*Soon, we'll fight together.*

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 05:28:41 pm »

To be honest, the atmosphere in the coach seemed rather hard to break. It didn't matter how soft and low, yet uncalming the steps of the feet outside sounded. It must mainly be the wyvern, Vincent thought, I've never had the chance to get even this close to one, and I feel the others haven't, either. Save their rider, of course. Vincent felt like he himself ought to be the one to speak first, setting the tone of the coming conversation. He just wan't sure what to say. Ask if any of the others had been on such a mission? Of course they haven't; this was the sort of job for the weaker warriors, or those more desperate for money. Mentioning his own name wouldn't be too wise; he needs a good first impression, and the name should come at the pinnacle of taking each other in..if things go well, that is.

*Soon, we'll fight together.*

The lady's thought crossed his ear. Barely saying anything toward the others, this was the sort of ice-breaking spring-board he was looking for.

"That's not all we'll do together, miss. At night, we ought to be finding ourselves in rather close quarters.."

...Of all the ways I had to say it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:32:31 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »

Felecia looks a little uncomfortable in the carriage why did I have to accept the carriage ride?

The young lady in turquoise armour speaks up

"You know, that could be misinterpreted ... May I ask what each of your specialties are?"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 05:39:23 pm »

"To put it simply, mounted protection.."
(Gotta turn this around..)
"..FROM bodily harm, that is.."
(Not AS dirty, probably...)
"...You know what I intend, hopefully..".

*I'm just digging myself a hole, aren't I..*
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 05:42:22 pm »

Felicia Laughs at that string of comments

"Don't Worry, I get what you mean so the horse is yours?"

Felecia gestures outside

"I ride that wyvern out there, her name is Path by the way, raised her myself"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 05:51:17 pm »

"...She is."

"...To be honest, I wish I could've had the same experience with my mount. Haven't even had a month to get to understand them.."

Or their gender, for that matter.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 05:59:26 pm »

Seraphiel was asleep during most of the ride. He yawned and woke up when he heard the driver talk.
...A hour? Oh damn I must have fallen asleep.
He then tries to think of something clever to start talking. He is bad at talking.
I... uh... like horses.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 06:18:00 pm »

Are you okay? You look a little dazed

Felecia turns to Vincent again

You know, I almost went down the path of the cavalier too
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:19:37 pm by wolfchild »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 06:29:36 pm »

"Don't worry, you haven't missed a thing." As least We can have a good start. We were just trying to break the ice. Haven't even brought up our names yet. Speaking of which..*ahem*, my name is Virgil, Amane. I'm the one who you'll see riding the horse in battle."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 06:43:58 pm »

"The name is Felicia, and don't worry I wouldn't give up Path for anything"

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 07:37:08 pm »

Naziri gave Virgil a quizzical, then amused look.  Well, at least one of us is talkative.  The assembled group was to be her company for mopping up some bandits, so she might as well get to know them.

"My, all this talk of mounts.  If only musty tomes had life stories."

Seraphiel's sudden awakening gave Naziri a pause for thought, but then again, men of war had to get their sleep somewhere.  Being unconcious around these people still wasn't a prospect she felt entirely comfortable with, however.

"Naziri is my name, but as my companions, feel free to call me Naz for short."
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 07:45:13 pm »

"nice to meet you too naz. You do magic? can you show us?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 07:51:57 pm »

Hey, I am Seraphiel. I can.. I have a healing staff. I guess... it counts as magic too?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111