Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 77134 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"...If they're people of any character they will find a way to continue on. And if they turn to banditry... then we'll still be around. Sometimes that's the way life ends up."

Vahn reached into his robes.

"That reminds me. I found the dirty money Kovitz was paying off Magruder with; I've already deducted some traveling expenses from it. You can decide how to split the rest."

He handed the bag over to Jaromer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jaromir looked at the bag of gold, eyes widening. Even after it was divided amongst the rest of the party, judging by the weight it would enough to pay the rest of what he owed his former friends back home, or very close to enough. Either way, he would finally be able to return home with his head held high. He wouldn't stay, of course, but then he would be free to wander on his terms, not selling his sword-arm at every stop.

"Thank you, I'll make sure this gets to the others. Is that all you really needed, though?"
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...Excuse me, but... I... I..."

"I say we leave the money to Kovitz. And the King's reward for dealing with Magruder's band too. They need it more than us, and despite everything, I feel we should give them a second chance."

"While I don't agree with the choices they made, it's understandable that desperate people might take desperate measures. But if someone gives them hope and guides them in the right way, the village of Kovitz might be able to redeem themselves and be reborn."

"The bandits and slavers are dead, so should we punish the rest for their actions? And, if they do turn to banditry like you said, we'll still be around. I never really wanted the money from the reward, anyways, so I'll donate my part because I think that's the right thing to do."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You make a good point, and maybe Kovitz can redeem itself, if given the help. But..."

Jaromir hesitates, turning the bag of gold over and over in his hands.

"I... need this money. It is by my own foolishness that I owe money to so many, and so much of it. But I have close to enough to pay it back now, and this would probably put me over the top. I'd be able to do something more with myself than just chasing gold."

"It wouldn't be the end, if I had to do it the hard way, but..."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Braoul steps forward.
There will be more money. I plan to keep fighting bandits for a while and there's money to be found there if you're looking. I'll help you get as much as you need to pay off your debts in full. I don't need it as long as I'm fed and have weapons to use. I can send the money back to you or you can come with me if you'd like.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...You know, I was also thinking we could make this whole "bandit hunters" thing something regular and stay as a group. If you think about it, we got quite a lot for just a few weeks of works. And since the world is plaged by criminals, someone has to do something about it. I'll try to help as much as possible, Jaromer. But I feel that the people of Kovitz needs the money more than what we do."

Seraphiel then adresses Braoul's suggestion with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Also, aren't you splitting from the rest and going with Vahn to become his successor, Jackal?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...You know, I was also thinking we could make this whole "bandit hunters" thing something regular and stay as a group. If you think about it, we got quite a lot for just a few weeks of works. And since the world is plaged by criminals, someone has to do something about it. I'll try to help as much as possible, Jaromer. But I feel that the people of Kovitz needs the money more than what we do."

Seraphiel then adresses Braoul's suggestion with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Also, aren't you splitting from the rest and going with Vahn to become his successor, Jackal?"

Yes, but that doesn't mean I can't get paid for my work. I can still help my friends and succeed Vahn.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's not what..."

"...Forget it. It's not important."

Shogus00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's not what..."

"...Forget it. It's not important."

Then what did you mean?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.
« Reply #1659 on: April 02, 2019, 02:46:15 pm »

~~~~Epilogue~~~~

With Magruder's band vanquished, and the slaves safe, Kovitz's problems were over, but so was their livelihood, or at least it appeared that way at first. With Yuri and the others to tell what happened, the party was cleared of all wrongdoing, and their quest considered complete. The King rewarded the group handsomely, but some of them left the gold with Kovitz's people.

Inspired by the group's patronage and generosity, King Roannac decided to incentivize the beginnings of a new mine so that Kovitz and the region could keep providing valuable resources and move on. Yuri was shown relative mercy for his situation, and made a deal to ensure Kovitz's safety, this time as a regular guard.

Vahn Brannon, Living Legend
Vahn accompanied Braoul as ally and mentor for another three years before retiring - and passing the rosary, now with one additional bell cast from black iron, down to his disciple. He then went on one last journey to Gahnawende, and though the man passed into obscurity, the legend remains.

Felicia and Path, Bond of Steel
Felicia does her duty, taking herself and Path to war in service to the state. But once her tour is up she seeks out Seraphiel again, and travels and lives with him. Path is very happy to meet Seraphiel again. She is happy with Jaromer supporting them for a while but is ultimately glad to move on.

Naziri, Power From Darkness
Although already a powerful sorceress in her own right, Naziri accompanied Vahn and Jackal to learn what she could from the warlock before both went their own ways. Though she eventually became the foremost scholar in the dark arts among the known world, she was never able to defeat death.

Jaromer Puchta, Remade Hero
The gold from Kovitz is nearly enough to repay what Jaromer owes. He prepares to journey home and repay the debt by taking odd jobs, but Seraphiel and Felicia convince him to let them use their own funds to pay the remainder. Backed up by the pair, he returns to his hometown a man far changed from the spoiled noble that left it in shame, turning over the gold and forever ending that chapter of his life.

The trio stays together afterwards as they travel from village to village; Jaromer for his part helps root out bandits and trains those they would prey on how to defend themselves. It's a humble task, and one that will likely last as long as he lives, but he is satisfied.

Seraphiel, Gentle Light
Reclutantly, Seraphiel parts ways with Vahn. With Felicia and Jaromer to his side, he embarks on a quest to do good in the world and forge his own legend, helping those in need and hunting bandits down. He retells Vahn's story in many villages to show the world the truth about the hero that sacrificed his image and humanity for the greater good, a mortal man that just wanted to do the right thing in his own way.

Anna and Pyre, Air Superiority
After delivering Yuri and his testimony to justice, and freeing the Kovitz slaves, Anna was given a commendation for her bravery and going beyond the call of duty. That, and her battle prowess, earned her a quick promotion to the elite ranks of the falcoknight squadron and the nickname of "the Hornet".

Grelen Raphousen, Jack of All Trades
Grelen has, surprisingly enough, learned a fair bit. He stays alongside Jackal, but has his eye on settling down eventually. He will always be quick to fight, but learned from Vahn what a life of violence can lead to. His utilization of magic leads to him becoming a novice scholar in his free time, and learning more about the wonderful world of dark magicks.

Jackal, Legend in the Makings
After succeeding Vahn as vigilante, Jackal set off to make the world a better place. After years in the business he would eventually become known for freeing the oppressed and overthrowing tyrants. Although he was often busy, he made time each year to head back and visit both Vahn and Grelen.

Darathor Hinaga and Virgil Amane, left after Chapter 1
Even though they didn't stay for long, the two of them were credited with helping with the greater quest, and their efforts weren't overlooked.

~~~~THE END~~~~
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]