Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 111

Author Topic: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. The End.  (Read 76576 times)

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Emblem: Call of Kovitz IC thread. Prologue: A Warm Welcome.
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 04:00:05 pm »

*I had to apply for this. My higher-ups then decided who should go. Maybe it was easier for the others here.*

I'll show those desk warriors that they made the right choice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:35:41 pm by Lyca »

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »

"My, what tells me you've done more than heard about those sorts of dances, Virgil?"

Naziri shrugged.

"I am my own master, the King's coin is what brings me here.  Hard out here for an independent researcher, you know?" she says with a hint of facetious levity.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 04:36:51 pm »

*sigh* "My choice of wording, likely..."
...What, particularly, are you researching? Simply strengthening what magics you do currently control, or delving deeper into your arcanum?".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 04:53:10 pm »

"The... arcanum? Oh... Dark magic? That stuff is extremely dangerous!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »

Finally, a solid chance to set a good example!

Only if misused. Unfortunately, there are many ways to misuse dark magic. Usually, this involves seeking too much power, whether not having a mind strong enough to resist its influences, or putting your head far too deep, and being consumed by it. Of course, miscasts and the like are still possible, which, I believe, has led to many a casual researcher to be hunted for their interests. Not that such matters should be delved into casually, of course.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 05:39:32 pm »

Oh, dark magic, i guess it's a good thing she is careful

To Anna

you were assigned to this, that means you have have formal training right? Anything that could be useful with a wyvern ... I had to teach myself
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 06:12:53 pm »

"Virgil is quite correct on all accounts, quite the 'wordly' companion you are.  Aa for my rsee arch interests, oh, forgotten and ephemeral lore of a trifling sort.  Nothing aa grand as ultimate power or endless youth, like those who generally seek too much power from the Arcane."
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Lyca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 06:15:53 pm »

Yes, I have enlisted in the military of the monarchy. This opened up opportunities that I simply didn't have back home, so I'm happy with my choice.
I'm looking forward to see what a self-taught rider can do.

I could have used a wyvern as well back then...

Anna shifted around in her seat and decided to observe the magicians and the weird cavalier arguing among themselves. Magic was completely foreign to her and only recently has seen the ominous arcane arts at the military, where young recruits were taught to conjure up fireballs to set a stack of hay in flames. She figured these figures would possess similar abilities.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:59 pm »

Jaromer, who had been staying quiet up until now, shifts in his seat to face Anna.

"The military isn't that bad of a thing to do with your life. Are you planning a career out of it?"
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 01:20:38 am »

Well I can't answer for anyone else, but my family earned our small title with military service, so I am expected to continue that, at least there is another ally in the air here
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:18 am »

The travel continued through the middle of the forest, and the road started getting a bit narrow and bumpy. They reached a part of the road that went around a big boulder when the stagecoach jerked to a stop. The group could see that one of the wheels got stuck in a hole of the road and wasn't moving, and the driver climbed down from his stop and tried to get it out.

On the other side on the road...

Raz, we got one!

: Alright, any guards?

None, it's just a small coach.

: Dunno what they're doing coming here, but that'll do. Let's jump 'em! Raz then loudly whistled.

A loud whistle was heard, followed by sounds of movement from both sides of the forest. A person with their face covered, armed with an axe, moved to the middle of the road and yelled at the stagecoach.

Yer all out of luck! Give us everything you got or get ready to die!

The driver, on hearing this, immediately ran away in the other direction, leaving the group to fight for themselves.

~~~~Turn 1~~~~
Player Phase
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
XP: 0/100
Spoiler: Map Info (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »

Halt! Can we not negotiate a peaceful resolution to this?

Charisma Character Skill goooooooooo!

As for my physical actions... I'd rather wait for all of my other allies to move first, so that I can administer my extra action in the most effective manner possible.

Does only one of us have to reach Row 1 for us to win? Perhaps one of our fliers with a high MOV should just rush across the map to Row 1.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2017, 01:43:55 pm »

Jaromer looks over at Darathor upon hearing him speak.

"If they're still here after seeing us with our weapons out, then they probobly think they can beat us. I guess it's still worth a try, though."

He then raises his voice and calls to the bandits.

"Hey! The only things of value we have on us are our weapons, and we all know how to use them.You leave us alone, and we'll do likewise, and we'd all probobly be better off for it."
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2017, 01:46:06 pm »

Balls to you! Death it is!

The bandit's response leaves no doubt, as does his wielding of the axe ready to strike.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2017, 02:10:12 pm »

*Err...does anyone here know how to drive a carriage?Not that it's as important right now* "So...uh, thieving rascals...You shouldn't underestimate us. It would be nice if you overestimated us, though...what am I saying? Now's a call to arms, friends! Prepare to fight back! *by which I mean discussing our plan of action quietly in this here carriage. They're all waiting for our response, and probably expecting us to beg for mercy or some such at their blows. Might not even be expecting legitimate warriors, and neither would I, even though there's a pegasus and wyvern out there.*

Virgil peeks out the window behind him, on the right of the carriage, surveying the nearby area quickly. *Now, if I were able to get just west of that nearest hitman, I could hold him off, if not defeat him. Whether I get upon my mount or not, I could not reach it at once. With support from miss Dana, though, I could reach it with ease, and be ready to attract the attention of the fiery mage nearby. Sir Haromer, you should...advance with us straight along the road, though no further that that small patch of trees, so that you avoid being ambushed alone. Anna, Felicia, you two should be able to handle the leftern brutes. Lastly, misses Nazin and Sera should stay close behind us, though the priestess here should be particularly careful of being struck by the mage. Any objections?*

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 111