Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

In the future, would you like to see any of the Monstrous Humanoids be playable in Fortress Mode?

Yes!
- 6 (75%)
No!
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [44.xx] Monstrous Humanoids Mod!  (Read 23716 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Monstrous Humanoids Mod!
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:53 pm »

Code: [Select]
Romramul "The Ageless Planes"     Lusmzasmata "The Destined Realm"
39 Orcs                   233 Orcs
1 Pigface                 365 Pigfaces
9 Mountain goblins        6 Mountain Goblins
324 Orkin                 512 Orkin
2604 Kbu-smusms           4658 Kbu-smusms
626 Hobgoblins            472 Hobgoblins
257 Dwarves               225 Dwarves
168 Humans                26 Humans
539 Elves                 565 Elves
11125 Goblins             15758 Goblins
1511 Kobolds              4073 Kobolds
        Total: 17203              Total: 26893

I've merged the huge demon pack with the monsterman pack and these worlds are tots brootal. I can't imagine when less than 1000 humans has ever been sustainably viable. I've got super strict civ caps, 277 sites per civ and 5555 for civ pops, though I still don't know what that last one changes. End Year 111.

Damn. Looking a bit rough for most the races there.

Anyway, I have something to say. This mod isn't just gonna expand with new types of monstrous folk, but the weapons and armor are gonna undergo a great big change by not using Grimlock's mod anymore. Why? Because it's to make the mod be a bit more usable and just be installed on its own. It will use primarily the vanilla weapons and armor, but will have some of its' own weapons and armor too.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2018, 02:30:09 pm »

Here's your Christmas present! The first update to this mod ever since the expansion to all sorts of monstrous humanoids!
This update adds in the goat-like Kagh, the Girtablilu (Scorpion-centaurs), the hyena-like Gnolls, and the Taiga Trolls.

TLV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2019, 06:09:12 pm »

Mate your mod is pretty great but i get errors on worldgen in the errorlog.txt I decided to look around and it SEEMS! like you made some mistakes placing certain things at the proper posistions in your mod files. This is entirely based on my own modding experience and I might be mistaken but for instance, your taiga trolls casts are not properly set. I have had similair issues and decided to do the following; you might want to look at how the creatures in creatures expanded (17.x) are setup, I used those as a base template and made my own races from according to how that certain mod author setup his mod (Sry dude forgot your name.) if you do this you are sure to make fresh new races without any difficulties.

Errorlog, With the naga and Girtablilu removed, i did so because they din't take my fancy so my excuses if I missed any bugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

do you want me to post fix?

So take that as you will, cheers for this pretty fun mod.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 06:27:56 pm by TLV »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2019, 08:50:48 pm »

Mate your mod is pretty great but i get errors on worldgen in the errorlog.txt I decided to look around and it SEEMS! like you made some mistakes placing certain things at the proper posistions in your mod files. This is entirely based on my own modding experience and I might be mistaken but for instance, your taiga trolls casts are not properly set. I have had similair issues and decided to do the following; you might want to look at how the creatures in creatures expanded (17.x) are setup, I used those as a base template and made my own races from according to how that certain mod author setup his mod (Sry dude forgot your name.) if you do this you are sure to make fresh new races without any difficulties.

Errorlog, With the naga and Girtablilu removed, i did so because they din't take my fancy so my excuses if I missed any bugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

do you want me to post fix?

So take that as you will, cheers for this pretty fun mod.

Thank you for this. I shall get to fixing this up relatively soon.

TLV

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2019, 10:34:26 am »

Not a problem it looks like a very nice mod to add some dangerflavour to your world, it's not too much overpowered or weird stuff. Just something humble like goblin varients can greatly spice up your gameplay.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]