Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Poison Vat and Venom Barrel  (Read 4253 times)

Heedicalking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Poison Vat and Venom Barrel
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:39:00 am »

I have a poison vat as well as a venom barrel, but when attempting to coat items at the poison vat, the "Extract-containing item" is red. I traded for the barrel, did I need to milk a creature myself for it instead?

Dave Nicksen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Poison Vat and Venom Barrel
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 03:12:07 pm »

I guess it was said somewhere that you need to have the barrel inside the workshop to complete the reaction.
I would try using the DFHack command "autodump" and then reclaim the barrel.

UnlawfullyDeranged

• Bay Watcher
  • For every one, there will be one hundred more.
    • View Profile
    • 'Best War Animals'  'Clocks'
Re: Poison Vat and Venom Barrel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:49:09 am »

Super necro, but this is the only thread I could find on the topic, and I just wanted to post my fix in case anyone else came looking. My problem was similar in that I had a bunch of milked asp venom, but the poison vat would only use the one barrel of honey bee venom I had from a caravan. If I forbid the honey bee venom, "Extract-containing item" came up in red. Turns out that's what happens when you don't have a valid venom extract I guess. Found out that the poison vat requires the extract to have the [REACTION_CLASS:ADD_SPATTER_VENOM] tag rather than the [REACTION_CLASS:IS_VENOM] tag. Honey bee venom had the former, asp venom had the latter, likely due to the asp being added as part of a separate mod. Replaced IS_VENOM with ADD_SPATTER_VENOM and it's been working ever since.
Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Just no cheesemakers.