Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frontier Fortress Beta 0.3  (Read 1912 times)

HydraliskMan!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Frontier Fortress Beta 0.3
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:44:59 pm »

So here's my Dwarf Fortress mod I've been working on for a little while now.

The whole idea is 19th century colonization. The races so far are:

Africans
Native Americans
Europeans
Americans

Each have their own set of weapons and equipment. Though it's not uncommon to find people of ALL races coming together in most cities (which, as we all know, is just like how it happened in history).

Also, I originally removed all fantastical creatures (were-creatures), but later added them back in, which has made them sometimes citizens of the cities. Post your opinion below if you want them removed again.

The featured new weapons are the guns. Rifles fire cartridges, and pistols fire pistol cartridges. Also, the military rifle can be used to stab, using the 'spearman' skill.

The mod DOES support Fortress mode, however, only the Europeans have been implemented so far. Future versions will have other races to play. You can made cartridges out of lead and guns at the forge, as well as military vests and military clothing at the leatherworking shop.

The only currently known bug is that the game is known to crash in Adventurer mode, mostly by approaching lairs. I don't currently know what causes this bug, but when I find out, I will work to fix it.

How to install:

1. Get a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress (currently version 0.43.05).
2. Download the 'raw' folder that can be found here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13031
3. Replace the 'raw' folder in your fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress with the one here.
4. Start up a new world and play!

I have currently elected not to share most of the details of the mod, so that those who download and play it have a better sense of discovery.

Please leave feedback below, as well as suggestions and comments for the future!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:57:37 am by HydraliskMan! »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier Fortress Beta 0.3
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 02:49:53 am »

Keep getting errors when trying to download this. Have you considered uploading it to the DFFD instead?

HydraliskMan!

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier Fortress Beta 0.3
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 09:57:54 am »

Changed it. Thanks for pointing that out!