Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Game Gripes -- things that annoy you about LCS  (Read 35588 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Game Gripes -- things that annoy you about LCS
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 01:52:29 pm »

16)No control is given to you when Liberals get busted prostituting. Unlike getting caught selling drugs or graffiting, your Liberals just get arrested every time with no option to run or fight.
Suggestion: Ability to seduce, or at least schmooze a little legal leeway by promising a bit of the action, later. In cash or kind, depending on the proclivities of the officer concerned.

(I have an (old, I forget from where) Android port on this device which I haven't touched in ages, I always seem to have something better to do and, unlike a PC, it's more awkward to Alt-Tab equivalent, and you can't have it share a screen. This is problem with Android. As is any possible awkwardness with the interface. The PC version of LCS is also not that recent, but gets occasional action anyway, when I can tile it alongside something compkementary, and maybe my organising spreadsheet that I use to keep track of progress and whims.  I must see about getting the latest version, compiling if necessary, then maybe I can make good use of this PTW post.)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 05:58:22 pm »

1)Car crash victims teleporting to safe houses - A bug that will never get fixed.
FIXED! LCS v4.12.1
https://www.mediafire.com/?80905657wxjg4od

And for those who want to apply the fix to their own fork instead of downloading mine:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b545o79aysbljst/HOWTO_FIX_CAR_BUG.zip

Now to get started on the others.

4.12 closes after attempting to open sitemaps.
Found and fixed the bug, same download link.  Embarrassingly careless of me, I used the art folder from an older version of LCS.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 06:03:40 pm »

16)No control is given to you when Liberals get busted prostituting. Unlike getting caught selling drugs or graffiting, your Liberals just get arrested every time with no option to run or fight.
Suggestion: Ability to seduce, or at least schmooze a little legal leeway by promising a bit of the action, later. In cash or kind, depending on the proclivities of the officer concerned.

(I have an (old, I forget from where) Android port on this device which I haven't touched in ages, I always seem to have something better to do and, unlike a PC, it's more awkward to Alt-Tab equivalent, and you can't have it share a screen. This is problem with Android. As is any possible awkwardness with the interface. The PC version of LCS is also not that recent, but gets occasional action anyway, when I can tile it alongside something compkementary, and maybe my organising spreadsheet that I use to keep track of progress and whims.  I must see about getting the latest version, compiling if necessary, then maybe I can make good use of this PTW post.)

If you'll forgive my self promotion, having fixed the car crash bug 4.12.1 is now technically the most up to date version, available with Windows executable and Visual Studio 2015 project file  (doesn't seem to work with VS 2012 or VS 2017, unfortunately).
https://www.mediafire.com/?80905657wxjg4od
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

ThunderGraham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 08:25:00 pm »

2 things that bug me:

1) No armor for Death Squad uniforms. These guys are supposed to be the ultimate hardasses who will strike fear into Liberal hearts, but that's hard to believe when you'll probably be having more trouble with the armored SWAT teams.

2) The fact that the augmentation list seems... unfinished. Specifically, a handful of them are absolutely free, and one of them has a max-age requirement- but only one!

Thankfully, both are easily fixed with some XML editing- I'm glad I entered the community after XML support was implemented.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »

2 things that bug me:

1) No armor for Death Squad uniforms. These guys are supposed to be the ultimate hardasses who will strike fear into Liberal hearts, but that's hard to believe when you'll probably be having more trouble with the armored SWAT teams.

2) The fact that the augmentation list seems... unfinished. Specifically, a handful of them are absolutely free, and one of them has a max-age requirement- but only one!

Thankfully, both are easily fixed with some XML editing- I'm glad I entered the community after XML support was implemented.

Armor for deathsquad uniforms can be modded in yourself, but now the problem is that it won't count as a valid disguise in police stations because you'll have to edit a hardcoded list of disguises and then recompile. Speaking of annoyances, I've got a few more.

40) Expensive Suits are valid disguises in the Bank, but not Expensive Dresses.

41) I find that the Teaching skill is useless, and rarely have my Liberals use it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:03 pm »

Teaching has (had?1) a sweet spot to its usefulness, around which the practical (total) gain falls off, for both parties, and only works propwrly within certain offsets of skill values that I can't immediately bring to mind but do require some coordination to make best use out of. It's not an unusual feature, but I think it's by far the most restrictive version of this kind of "learn teaching through teaching learning" that I have encountered.

I'm gonna have to refresh my memory on the details, though, when I get home. For the "BICBW" factor.

1 I have meant to update, as per recommendation, but not had time. And, between one thing and another, I can't recall the last time I went to my spreadsheet guide and actually grinded the teaching skill for all it was worth.

ThunderGraham

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2017, 03:33:13 pm »

Speaking of hardcoded stuff, the fact that Conservatives with weaponry sets based on the Gun Control status is still hardcoded is irksome. I remember a year ago when a edited creaturetypes.cpp (I think that was the file...) so cops, mercenaries, CCS goons, etc. could use the guns provided by Liberal Additions (back when Liberal Additions included a huge amount of weapons). Fun times, except for the fact that Prison Guards got broken and would more often than not cause segfaults when spawned.
On a different note, I definitely think the CCS deserves some buffing to make them more of an endgame threat. A "Confederate Gazette" that glorifies the CCS and demonizes the LCS would be a neat idea. The CCS could get hackers of their own to tap into LCS communications and, say, publish lists of LCS members (bringing down heat on your safehouses) or determine where you're going next and either tip off the cops or deploy some thugs to take care of things themselves.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 09:40:15 pm »

Speaking of hardcoded stuff, the fact that Conservatives with weaponry sets based on the Gun Control status is still hardcoded is irksome. I remember a year ago when a edited creaturetypes.cpp (I think that was the file...) so cops, mercenaries, CCS goons, etc. could use the guns provided by Liberal Additions (back when Liberal Additions included a huge amount of weapons). Fun times, except for the fact that Prison Guards got broken and would more often than not cause segfaults when spawned.
On a different note, I definitely think the CCS deserves some buffing to make them more of an endgame threat. A "Confederate Gazette" that glorifies the CCS and demonizes the LCS would be a neat idea. The CCS could get hackers of their own to tap into LCS communications and, say, publish lists of LCS members (bringing down heat on your safehouses) or determine where you're going next and either tip off the cops or deploy some thugs to take care of things themselves.

Liberal Additions still does have a huge amount of weapons (although in my opinion it's simply just overkill, you're not going to use fifty different types of revolvers because logistics is a pain in the ass AND assault rifles are superior to everything) if you download the old versions. Hardcoded weapons at Gun Control Status definitely is irksome, as is how weak the CCS is. A Confederate Gazette would be something really neat.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 04:55:22 pm »

This may already be mentioned, but if there is only one kidnapable person, you will kidnap them upon pressing the kidnap button. It doesn't allow you to back out of kidnapping them.
I once accidently kidnapped a janitor because the hanging judge had a gavel.  I would have liked the option of not kidnapping someone I could easily recruit as a moderate.
Also, it should probably be possible to somehow kidnap people holding weaker weapons, like gavels and syringes. Might require RNG rolling to successfully kidnap them, but really, people holding rocket launchers can't intimidate a lab tech with a syringe?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 09:55:38 pm »

This may already be mentioned, but if there is only one kidnapable person, you will kidnap them upon pressing the kidnap button. It doesn't allow you to back out of kidnapping them.
I once accidently kidnapped a janitor because the hanging judge had a gavel.  I would have liked the option of not kidnapping someone I could easily recruit as a moderate.
Also, it should probably be possible to somehow kidnap people holding weaker weapons, like gavels and syringes. Might require RNG rolling to successfully kidnap them, but really, people holding rocket launchers can't intimidate a lab tech with a syringe?

There's a solution to kidnapping people with weak weapons, but it requires modding. Under Weapons.xml, add the "Protects from Kidnapping" property under the Gavel and Syringe and make it say "False" instead of "True".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:18:40 pm by Taberone »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2017, 12:45:14 pm »

No longer necessary.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:30:05 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 08:17:55 pm »

Wouldn't that protect them from kidnapping? Do you mean remove the "protects from Kidnapping" property?

Whoops. I mean setting "Protects from kidnapping" to false. By default, "Protects from kidnapping" is true on a weapon even if it is not listed. Fixed my post. Also, it really is BS how "too dangerous to kidnap" is implemented, honestly. There really should be a way to kidnap people with melee weapons if you've got a big gun like the M249 for example.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:21:52 pm by Taberone »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2017, 06:58:51 pm »

40) Expensive Suits are valid disguises in the Bank, but not Expensive Dresses.
FIXED!
v4.12.4
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ckg5h13yboh4nht/LCS_v4.12.4.zip
I feel almost embarrassed that that is the only actual bug I fixed.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 03:56:27 am »

37) Not sure if it counts as gameplay since it's more about development, but the fact that the Stalinist Comrade Squad will never be getting finished since the LCS community now is a shadow of what it once was. Liberal Elitist (I think he was one of the main guys working on the SCS) is gone and has been gone for a while now. Better dead than red, and I would have loved to fight some commies.

Actually, it was Servant Corp's project.  From what I recall, it didn't get finished because Servant Corp could only vaguely figure out how to get it to work.  I think Liberal Elitist may have looked at it, but since it was Servant Corp's code and xe had already left, I don't think Liberal Elitist got very far.  From what I understand, its kept in as more of a homage to their dream, without any real expectation of it getting finished.  I recall that its unlikelihood of being finished was known when it was added.

For the record, I feel that Stalinist Comrade Squad may have shows a glimmer of what was possible.

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 01:23:55 am »

1) The "Conservative stares at the squad's Liberal weapons and lets out a piercing cry" mechanic is a huge gripe of mine, adding nothing but tedious bullshit and unfairness. You pretty much shouldn't even have anything bigger than a SMG equipped, even if you're in disguise. Unless you want the alarm to be INSTANTLY raised (even if Conservatives are not suspicious), rather than having the Conservatives glare at you suspiciously.

Come to a location with your badass weapons equipped, come across a Conservative, unequip the guns, let the Conservative pass by, equip the guns and ammo manually, run into yet another fucking Conservative, unequip everything, let them pass, equip guns again, repeat.

2) The lack of automatic reloading outside of combat, or even individual reloading. Liberals will gladly walk around with an empty gun or without readying a grenade until they run into combat, and then they'll reload and get slaughtered. Liberals also lack the ability to reload separately outside of combat unless you manually unequip everyone else's guns so the one guy with a shotgun or revolver can reload without the other 5 guys with a machinegun wasting their ammo.

3)This isn't as relevant as it was before since Terra Vitae has cheats built in and Isaac is working on a save editor, but the lack of debugging ability making it absolute hell to test mods properly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4