Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mayor wants a servant's burial chamber  (Read 1915 times)

Furious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mayor wants a servant's burial chamber
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:11:10 pm »

First Mayor of my fortress is announced and one of his requirements is a servants burial chamber.
It's cyan text instead of red, so am I safe to ignore?
No one is listed as his servant anywhere that I can find. 
What's the best way to proceed?
Wait ? Your fort is not half green half red regardless of the stone it's built in ? I'm learning something new every day.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayor wants a servant's burial chamber
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:16:31 pm »

I think "servants" burial chamber is just the level of value like "royal mausoleum" and "grand mausoleum"
So if you got the time build him a little chamber with a coffin in it and designate it as his tomb.

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 09:36:44 pm »

Yeah.  They basically just want a constructed coffin in an alcove somewhere.  I'd suggest building it somewhere that can be expanded & improved upon, just in case the mayor wants their burial chamber upgraded into a tomb later on.  (ie. smoothed, engraved, bits of furniture such as armor racks/weapon stands added.)

It's a simple requirement, so I wouldn't ignore unless I had a good reason to. 

The cyan text colour simply means the demand has been made and you have plenty of time to fulfil it. 

Should it turn red, that means the noble is getting antsy.  You've had plenty of time and still haven't given him his toy.  Repercussions may follow if you don't hurry up.

I think it'll turn white once a demand has been met.  (It's not something I've spent a lot of time thinking about.  Once you understand the system it's so obvious you don't need to remember it, if y'know what I mean?)

Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 12:49:19 am »

Should it turn red, that means the noble is getting antsy.  You've had plenty of time and still haven't given him his toy.  Repercussions may follow if you don't hurry up.
The only repercussion for a demand is a bad thought.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?