Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Every tile is maxed brightness/contrast. Need help.  (Read 1819 times)

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Every tile is maxed brightness/contrast. Need help.
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:55:27 am »

http://imgur.com/tI7zjtt
^ is the problem I have.
I HAVE tried searching for solutions but when looking at the related bug solutions those applied to people with Radeon Cards and I use Nvidia.
I don't have this "play.tv" thing or such.
I tried everything I could and multiple tilesets and even ascii/vanilla.    So it was time for me to dust off a very old account and ask for help.   I really want to use Masterworks but it looks like I wont be able to if this can't be fixed.

For record : I have not tried the 64-bit version...not wanting to run into issues.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Every tile is maxed brightness/contrast. Need help.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:09:07 pm »

I used LAA or Large Address Aware and it fixed this problem awhile back for me.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 12:59:32 pm »

THANK YOU!!   This helped.   TO clarify i used LAA on both the masterwork launcher and the DF exe to be sure and so far it works.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 03:29:34 pm »

Ah sorry I probably should have been more clear. You only have to use LAA on the DF exe. It shouldn't be a problem if you used it on the Masterwork exe. though.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 07:41:40 pm »

yeah there was a massive memory issue in the 32 bit version of MDF... the 64bit version doesn't run into that issue... its pretty issue to fix either with LAA but the 64 bit version doesn't need it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal