Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Can't get my marksdwarfs to train!  (Read 4046 times)

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get my marksdwarfs to train!
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 02:12:20 am »

I can confirm that in 0.43.5 you can and will get sieges from goblins, even if you are under the population limit of 80. For my last few forts, i set the absolute population limit to 50 or lower, embarked near a Dark Fortress, and after 2-3 years the first goblinite will appear!
My guess is that calculations for siege appearance changed, and it's no longer a strict rule of having pop more than 80. As for PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE and other parameters for entities, I think they are a part of a calculation, like some sort of a coefficient. And you can get bigger or smaller sieges depending on its value.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get my marksdwarfs to train!
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2017, 02:26:39 am »

I can confirm that in 0.43.5 you can and will get sieges from goblins, even if you are under the population limit of 80. For my last few forts, i set the absolute population limit to 50 or lower, embarked near a Dark Fortress, and after 2-3 years the first goblinite will appear!
Can you post a save to DFFD where that happens please? Needs to be up on the bug tracker if triggers are broken. Very annoying for any mods with multiple hostile races.

I guess it won't matter much in a month or so when we get the new release as you can deliberately bypass the triggers then with raids.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 02:29:53 am by Shonai_Dweller »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]