Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Mod Idea (Populating the Tundra/Glacier)

(1/4) > >>

Kyubee:
So, yeah. Thats a thing I plan on doing, but do do it, I'll need ideas. Any ideas for what to add to these? They can be real plants and animals, creatures from folklore, or plants and animals from games. Also ideas for civilizations for such.

Got this idea when I realized something about Glacier Survival. It's hard, but boring unless you have challenges nearby. Even Savage and Evil biomes on ice provide little challenge, since you wont be seeing much in the name of reanimated wildlife.

Also due to this, ill need information about how to make living creatures less susceptible to cold.

VolcanoQueen:
I looked at a list of mythical creatures on Wikipedia, but I didn't find anything that would be a very interesting wandering creature. Wendigos and Yuki-onnas could make some pretty cool pseudo-vampires, though. Also, to make creatures less vulnerable to cold, modifying the thing at the end of the RAWs for dragons. Something like this could work:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)   [SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
      [MULTIPLY_VALUE:15]
      [COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]

Bearskie:
Yeti civ, Jotuns, White Walkers, modded weather patterns (blizzards, auroras).

--- Quote from: Kyubee on July 24, 2017, 08:06:07 pm ---Also due to this, ill need information about how to make living creatures less susceptible to cold.

--- End quote ---

And unless I'm mistaken, I do not believe temperature becomes cold enough to kill animals or dwarves in a regular (non-advanced) generated world.

VolcanoQueen:

--- Quote ---modded weather patterns (blizzards, auroras)
--- End quote ---
Aren't blizzards (or snowstorms, at least) already in the game?

bluephoenix:
Wargs as wandering animals? Meaner, bigger wolves with a very thick hide.

Snow rabbits that are faster than normal rabbits for something to hunt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version