Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 25842 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 12:05:22 pm »

But our own lovely earth is boring. :'(

Isn't it good then you don't have to go back there?

It doesn't really have to be our Earth, as long as it is relatively normal human and don't bring weapons along.
-_-
Can we pull people from various points in time? Say, play the son of a member of the Roman aristocracy?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 12:11:55 pm »

Sounds normal enough.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 12:16:12 pm »

Name: Shannon Webb
Background: 17 years old. Born in England by an Irish mother and English father. Raised in sheffield and is interested in science and music. He likes to cycle and confuse his friends.
Appearance: Human, feminine but male. With some work can pass off as either. Blond hair, green eyes and fair skin

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:26 pm »

Name: "Little finger"
Background: Orphaned with three little brothers still babys to take care, nobody cared for him, so he had to rob. That was in his 9 years old. Now he have 14 he is smaller than what is expected to his age (What granted him nick names like little thing, imp, shrinked and whatever could mean somebody small) He learned a lot and fast but no one still wants to give him a job or adopt his brothers, he turned a bit violent  but is still lovely and kind to other kids or people that he sees as "fragile", almost got a tittle of robin hood in his neighborhood.

Now he just entered an abandoned house to escape from the police, the door is shut down and he seeks to find his little brothers, maybe he is being overprotective, but he think they wouldn't survive long without him.
Appearance: Small, dark hair and dirty looks full of energy as any teenager
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 12:38:25 pm »

Name: John Snow
Background: He got his magical abillities from a wizard that he rescued from a hole becuse he forgot to put his skill points into levitation
Appearance: Well...he looks so average that you cant recognize him in a group of people
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 01:10:09 pm »

Name: Octavian Grey

Backstory: The scion of a rich Roman family that governs much of what would become Germany, he has been skilled in falconry, horse riding, and general animal training since a young age, even having raised an orphaned wolf. He's also skilled in the use of basic fighting techniques, though to a lesser degree to that of his peers, due to his use of time on his animals. He disappeared after going out for a hunt with his wolf; after getting thoroughly lost, he stumbled across a door, standing alone, and, upon walking through, found himself in the Mansion.

Description: He somehow manages to always be taller than anyone else in the room, no matter how tall anyone else is. He has well-toned muscles and tanned skin due to his training and habit of hunting. He speaks imperiously due to his heritage, but he gives respect to those people who can beat him in a fight. He appreciates art, especially engraved swords.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:06:45 pm by Glass »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »

IN!

Reading OP...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 01:26:48 pm »

Name: Arthur
Background: Used to be a shoemaker in Sigil, the City of Doors.
Appearance: 30-ish. Blue eyes. Brown hair. Has a bunch of tattoos that detail numerous events of his life.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 01:55:58 pm »

Name: Lewy Jakins
Background: Lewy is just a normal guy. He walked into a bathroom stall one day and when he reopened the door, he was no longer in the bathroom, but instead in the mansion. Now he eternally quests for somewhere to wash his hands...
Appearance: Lewis is in his early twenties. He's about five and a half feet tall. Dirty blond hair and beard. Red and black flannel shirt with matching knit cap. He wears grey jeans and sturdy black boots.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 02:49:29 pm »

We start with six players and see how that goes.

Name: Jeremiah Swift
Background: Jeremiah is the child of two art critics, born in the early sixties. Due to the general pervasion of hallucinogens and other mood-altering substances, not even his parents noticed his deformity until he was fourteen, at which point it was far too late to do anything about it. After a bohemian childhood spent in seclusion in the woods surrounded by hippies and other counterculture types, Jeremiah graduated with honours and went into finance, artfully concealing his unusal physique. Ten years of bank work assured his prosperity, but the endless secrecy required to retained his position bored him beyond measure. Finally, something in Jeremiah snapped, at which point he no longer tried to hide his deformity, and entered the infinite mansion.
Appearance: Jeremiah is a tall, gaunt man, initially clad in a quiet blue suit. His skin is a rich light brown, and his fingers are well manicured. His shoes are brown leather, well-polished and slightly too elegant for the trousers. His black wool socks bear a green diamond pattern, and he has a pineapple for a head.

Or, if this is unacceptable, Jeremiah is a perfectly formed member of the human race.

You know, I was originally going to call this "Monsters: Evolving Magic" where players would rather be horribly mutated people climbing out of vats somewhere in the mansion. Not "pineapple head", but seven fingers, three arms, scales, and teeths growing in your butt type mutations.

But let's go with perfectly formed human. With three nipples.

Your spell is "Moss and fungus grows on named target's back". You can cast it twice per room.

Here's my sheet. Her "ability" is purely for flavor, and will likely mean nothing to the game itself. The contents of her backpack are also meant for flavor (especially the snack bars (heh)), but if you think I shouldn't have certain objects in there, let me know, and i'll probably edit it out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You find out your backpack didn't follow you through. Your starting spell is more like a self enchantment: "Caster cannot sleep unless naked". Ten times per room.

Name:Baine Killmax
Background: Baine Killmax is from a grimdark reality where everyone is grimacing all the time, everyone is hard bitten and gravel voiced and a knife isn't a knife unless it's two sizes larger than everyone else's knife.(Baine has the largest knife) Mr Killmax is a freshly retired veteran of a bloody war without end but he is so good the brass want him back! All because he's the only dude tough enough to stop the Fedora Federation's invasion! He skilled with all weapons imaginable (or so his file says but his inability to obey trigger discipline and repeated attempts to one handed hip fire a light machine gun call that in to question). He has spent thirty years of his twenty-eight year life as a member of the most elite unit of the special forces the 'Screamers' These terrifying soldiers would charge headlong into battle screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs while completely disregarding cover. Baine Killmax is the only one left from his old unit.
Apperance: Baine's most notable feature is his knife. It is strapped to his back and is so big it occasionally scrapes the floor. He is strapped with comical amounts of guns, ammo and pouches. His muscled and heavily scarred chest is bare except for all the ammo draped across it. His face could have been handsome before it got covered in vicious looking scars. He is a muscled giant of a man that communicates mostly in testosterone fueled grunts and guttural noises.

Name: Alexander Baine
Background: Alex is a watchmaker. He tends to be obsessive about things and generally keeps to himself. He's not good at social situations but he is fantastic at mechanics and mechinisms.
Apperance: Alex is a tall willowy man, with long dexterous fingers. His black hair is going grey and signs of middle age are present on his face.

Your spell is "Target thinks he can beat his addiction to air", twice per room.

Name: Octavian Grey

Backstory: The scion of a rich Roman family that governs much of what would become Germany, he has been skilled in falconry, horse riding, and general animal training since a young age, even having raised an orphaned wolf. He's also skilled in the use of basic fighting techniques, though to a lesser degree to that of his peers, due to his use of time on his animals. He disappeared after going out for a hunt with his wolf; after getting thoroughly lost, he stumbled across a door, standing alone, and, upon walking through, found himself in the Mansion.

Description: He's a bit taller than the average person, with well-toned muscles and tanned skin due to his training and habit of hunting. He speaks imperiously due to his heritage, but he gives respect to those people who can beat him in a fight. He appreciates art, especially engraved swords.

You start with a fun spell "Caster's clothing smells like a skunk died in it". Thrice per room.

Name: Shannon Webb
Background: 17 years old. Born in England by an Irish mother and English father. Raised in sheffield and is interested in science and music. He likes to cycle and confuse his friends.
Appearance: Human, feminine but male. With some work can pass off as either. Blond hair, green eyes and fair skin

You get once per room curse "Touched target doesn't appear attractive to opposite sex".

Name: "Little finger"
Background: Orphaned with three little brothers still babys to take care, nobody cared for him, so he had to rob. That was in his 9 years old. Now he have 14 he is smaller than what is expected to his age (What granted him nick names like little thing, imp, shrinked and whatever could mean somebody small) He learned a lot and fast but no one still wants to give him a job or adopt his brothers, he turned a bit violent  but is still lovely and kind to other kids or people that he sees as "fragile", almost got a tittle of robin hood in his neighborhood.

Now he just entered an abandoned house to escape from the police, the door is shut down and he seeks to find his little brothers, maybe he is being overprotective, but he think they wouldn't survive long without him.
Appearance: Small, dark hair and dirty looks full of energy as any teenager

You get a spell that has some actual utility: "Pointed target thinks he has only twenty minutes to live". Can be cast once every two rooms.

ALL YOUR SPELLS START IN SPENT STATE. YOU HAVE TO GO INTO A NEW ROOM BEFORE YOU CAN USE THEM. Except omada, he have to into two new rooms.

If you want to quit the game, you can simply walk through some new door and close it behind you before anyone else can go through and you will be never seen again.

All six of you walk through your respective doors into a dimly lit hallway. It's not very wide now tall; grown man can spread his arms and have his palms on both walls at the same time comfortably and even touch ceiling without jumping. Said walls are made of rough large stone boulders, crude wooden benches placed in between doors, all on same side of the hall, and floor is simply dirt stamped tigh. Four evenly spaced torches on opposite wall are the only light source here. It's damp, cool, and torches produce soot into the air which makes those with more sensitive lungs and valuable clothes feel uncomfortable. The room gives you underground prison vibes. There are also wooden doors in both ends of the hallway, equally simple make as the ones you came through.

In the same moment your spells are granted to you, along with knowledge how to cast and modify them. For those who do not believe in magic it's shocking experience, but for more open minded people it's easily accepted and embraced.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 03:11:28 pm »

Alex was dreaming. That was the only reasonable explanation. The way that he had arrived here by his kitchen door or the manner in which he suddenly had magic powers and knew how they worked all were very typical for dreams. "So I guess I'm dreaming then" he mumbled to himself. Yet something was wrong. It niggled at the back of his mind. He could feel the air enter and exit his lungs... it felt very real. "I am dreaming amn't I?" What if it was real? What of the magic was real? If it was why that spell? It was basically useless. If it was even a slightly different spell then it could actually possibly be useful. Almost as if in response his magic shifted slightly.

Spell evolution: Target thinks he can beat his addiction to air-> Target can beat his addiction to air
Spoiler: Alex's current spells (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:14:54 pm by Jerick »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

Name: Toby Fox
Background: This young college student's main defining characteristic is that he insists on being called John Smith. He still hasn't managed to get his name change in, though. The reason he wanted this name change is the fact people keep asking him about some game called Undertale, which he's never played, and it's starting to get infuriating.
Appearance: Young male college student, brown shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, glasses, wristwatch.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »

Take one of the torches.

Is "Caster's clothing has a dead skunk in it" a valid modification?

EDIT:
Spoiler: Current spells (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: Or maybe just "Caster's clothing smells like a skunk". Yeah, let's go with that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:04:54 pm by Glass »

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 03:42:18 pm »

Shannon couldnt believe his eyes, he was on his way to check on his bike while it was being repaired. However as he entered the store he found himself stranded and alone in a random cavern. At first Shannon thought he was dreaming, that was until he took a step and felt the ground under his foot. He looked around and took one of the torches before thinking about his spells. He modified the spell before walking towards the door on the left hallway.

Spell evolution: Touched target doesn't appear visible to the opposite sex 

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 03:52:24 pm »

"Gosh. This must be a flashback from that time mother put LSD in the cocoa. They said no lasting neurological effects, but one cannot be sure of anything."

Go through the door I'm facing.

If possible, evolve the spell to: Moss and fungus grows on named target's brain.

Spoiler: Jeremiah's spells (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20