Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 25991 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2017, 03:04:37 pm »

I did major rebalancing for spell recharge rate, now instead of just eyeballing it I got consistent chart to calculate it. In most cases it resulted faster spell recharge but in others it went down.

"Named target" must refer to name that was given to you by the target, its master or creator. You can't refer to random tiger as "Tiger" because it is name of species rather than individual, but if you know its owner calls it "Princess Fluffy" then that's a name you can use.

Little Finger sprints to the morgue together with Rosie as soon as it becomes evident the invisible being isn't done yet. It ignores them and flies towards Jeremiah, who takes quick step into the cage room, like an arrow from bow. The moment Jeremiah sees this he intones his own full name while casting a spell. The spell takes effect immediately. Moss grows out of his skin pores and its roots dig deep into the muscles beneath. Simultaneously great leathery bings sprouts out of his back, stretching skin and shredding his immaculate blue suit.

This is suprisingly painful experience and so he's momentarily distracted, just long enough for the invisble assailant to resume its work on strangling him. Jeremiah loses his balance, thanks to the combination of extra weight on his back he's not accustomed to, lack of breathable air and winds that keep pushing him in wrong direction. Deprived from is ability to speak he's unable to cast the spell he intented on the invisible guardian.

It's painful for Rosie and Little Finger watch Jeremiah's struggles to breathe and his randomly twitching grotesque wings. The youngster cannot take it any more. He makes sure to not look Jeremiah but the minor dust storm around him and casts his spell, however he senses it doesn't take hold. Possibly because he doesn't actually see the target he wants to target. There must be something that can be done!

Meanwhile Shannon completely ignores troubles of his friends. Well, not friends really, they are all strangers to each other without obligations. In midst of growing his spell collection he observes how the entire group in padded room disappears into thin air after one of them speaks few words in crystal clear voice. Since there's nothing more interesting anymore, Shannon closes the door and opens it again. Behind it opens differenct scenery; dark stairs descending down into solid stone, with many alcoves filled with human skulls and occasional dead bodies. He hears faint sound of water from the darkness.

Likewise ignoring provincial barbarians in trouble Octavian heads to the barracks. Ah, how familiar. He recalls visiting such barrack once and this is almost identical in architecture if one ignores angled floor. He puts his torch on floor carefully and picks first leather armor he finds from chests. A bit different design compared to what legionnaires used, but such armors are simple pieces of work that anyone can put them on after some training. And he got all the training he needs. Few moments later he sports a nice leather armor! Quality work, even he says so by himself.

In another room Alex, fallen amongst treasures and abandonded by his comrades in fate, wakes up. In his last moments he crawls to the beautiful golden door leading to his salvation, futilely staining it with bloody handprints. Tormented by his own vicious subconsciousness and guilt he spends his last seconds in despair, thinking his lost daughter.

And so Alexander Baine, the tormented clockmaker, perishes alone.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)

PaPaj, are you ready? If yes, then you'll arrive to the barracks where Octavian is enjoying of his new armor. Your starting spell will be "All nonmagical clothing within 50 meters turns to glass".
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:55 pm »

PaPaj, are you ready? If yes, then you'll arrive to the barracks where Octavian is enjoying of his new armor. Your starting spell will be "All nonmagical clothing within 50 meters turns to glass".
That's going to need a long cooldown. I mean, holy s***.

Anyway, "Target becomes obedient" (was "armor" or "omnilingual").

Check to see if there are any weapons (hammers?) or satchels in here; then, open one of the closed doors.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 01, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »

Looked target is healed> Target is healed

No time to think, or abandon or fight it must have a body so i can hit hard Finger thinks

"Rosie get ready"

*He tries to push/hit the dust monster and give his hand to pull (or be pulled by Jeremiah when he get his breath) to the morgue and slam the door*
(In fact i am thinking in little thing giving the guy what we call here in Brazil a voadora (a flyer), that's the best way to join a fight that you can't win hehehe, Join kicking, run before the guy understood what happened)

If both manage to escape the monster he will take a long and slow breath and talks to rosie and Jeremiah

"Let's get to the others and be more careful. It's more dangerous but is like the streets, alone we are prey, we need to be united like a gang, and jeremiah, i can heal you after 14 rooms. But... let's take care till there."

(Edit: if rosie manage her plan before we close the door i will check slowly and touch it trying to pickpocket it, maybe is a human with magic rings. And maybe with my flying kick something can drop from him, anything that can prove that he is in fact a human you can add to my action a grab-and run shit .)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:14:47 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2017, 05:01:33 pm »

Jeremiah bludgeons his attacker with the torch, while flapping his wings hard. If the tiger wakes up, he attempts to keep the thing strangling him between him and the beast.

If still alive, edit spell: "Moss and fungus grow on pointed target."

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:13:20 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 01, 2017, 06:34:59 pm »

"Wait...I got it!" Return to barracks, quickly grab a sandal and armor, and throw them at the dust thing."Put one of these on it!" Then, if either stays on air-being, fire off a "target immediately sleeps unless naked". If everyone alive comes into the same room, and the air thing isn't in the same room, close door between us and it. It won't be properly clothed, but the spell should still work..ish. Anyway, next spell is "Target becomes a merchant unless naked".
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 01, 2017, 07:08:06 pm »

((Jeremiah, Don't forget to edit your spell

Nice plan rosie, i even edited my action. I am thinking we might not close the door on time. and maybe when i give my "voadora" a item can be dropped, You guys have a sugestion on the development of my magic? Something that could help others. ))
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 01, 2017, 08:48:35 pm »

((Jeremiah, Don't forget to edit your spell

Nice plan rosie, i even edited my action. I am thinking we might not close the door on time. and maybe when i give my "voadora" a item can be dropped, You guys have a sugestion on the development of my magic? Something that could help others. ))
Omada, your magic formats don't have anything notable to deal with, so you can go in a bunch of directions. I would say to start off looking into spell economy. That is, spells that will let you edit spells multiple  times a turn, such as "looked target edits spells twice this turn". There are several possible ways to expand upon it as to reduce cool down, such as specifying the the spells or edits have to be similar or very similar. Then again, we're not sure what the general cool down time, so once we do 1 or 2 such spells, we'll know if they're worth the cooldowns.

As for actual spell effects, everyone should have a little healing on them. A "dedicated" healer would probably spend a lot of edits that recover the target in different ways, whether by targeting mechanism, type of damage recovered, side effects sheerly for reduced cooldown, and so on. At some point, we may or may not need permanent foodstuffs, so that could take up to 6 edits for a solid basis, and maybe more for different kinds of food. I was thinking about having a spell that destroys a door, preventing it from being closed and thus permanently linking two rooms. We might also want spells that alter rooms in other ways, such as removing traps, or making the next room have certain useful qualities (safe, has bedding, has shop). Of course, at one point, we need to get a spell that allows us to re-meet other players that separated from us.

If you want play a more general support role, I would suggest variations of "target ally", coupled with protection/recovery from certain sources of damage, while having versions to protect yourself from whatever danger there is. Ultimately, I'd like to know what sort of spells you and Little Finger would want to learn.

As example, I'll describe my personal spell plans. I'll get a few miscellaneous transformations for utility, as well as several spells to force or prevent enemy action, culminating in some general enemy restriction. I'm leaving the "unless naked" trigger on for reduced cool downs, so at one point, I'll get several spells to clothe enemies and allow them to get affected by my spells. I think I can also fit in some of that room alteration magic I mentioned earlier, at some point. Lastly, I'll get a spell that returns Rosie's backpack pretty soon.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 02, 2017, 05:02:12 pm »

Spoiler:  My Dude (click to show/hide)

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2017, 04:19:39 am »

Shannon closes the door and goes towards the barracks door and closes it. mainly to keep away the foreign cosplayer who looked a tad crazy.

Spell change: Touched target does appear understandable > Target does appear understandable
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 07:54:44 am by darkgamer »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2017, 04:59:01 am »

Shannon closes the door and goes into the barracks door and closes it. mainly to keep away the foreign cosplayer who looked a tad crazy.

Spell change: Touched target does appear understandable > Target does appear understandable
No no nono don't close it! That is the one useful room we have, don't separate it OR yourself off from the rest of us!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2017, 07:37:12 am »

Shannon closes the door and goes into the barracks door and closes it. mainly to keep away the foreign cosplayer who looked a tad crazy.

You're going to go... into the barracks... where I am... and shut the door... because you want to get away from me?
Where did you get the logic for this plan? Red Mage Inc.?

If this person tries to close any doors anywhere near me, stop them.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2017, 07:54:10 am »

You're going to go... into the barracks... where I am... and shut the door... because you want to get away from me?
Where did you get the logic for this plan? Red Mage Inc.?

If this person tries to close any doors anywhere near me, stop them.

oops, lol. I wrote that before I went to sleep.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2017, 08:03:07 am »

Shannon closes the door and goes towards the barracks door and closes it. mainly to keep away the foreign cosplayer who looked a tad crazy.

DON'T CLOSE THE DOORS UNLESS WE CANNOT USE THE ASOCIATED ROOM!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2017, 03:12:42 pm »

Jeremiah swings the torch randomly around himself but doesn't archive anything other than extinguishing it because his assailant isn't exactly corporeal entity. While Rosie runs to the barrack to get some clothes Little Finger bravely goes to assist already blue faced Jeremiah. The boy too tries to hit the dust storm but there's nothing to hit beyond hurricane level gusts. Not discouraged by this he takes Jeremiah's arm and drags him towards the morgue. Thankfully the local mini storm seems to care only about Jeremiah, so Finger doesn't get hurt beyond few small cuts. However Jeremiah isn't exactly light with his new wings, so it's slow job. And it doesn't help that Jeremiah faints in middle of the process too.

Rosie brings an armor and a sandal and throws the armor at the dust thing enveloping Jeremiah and launches a spell after them. The armor hits Jeremiah's head and spell apparently misses the thing because the projectile flies unobstructed past it. "Well damn". Luckily the spell she's firing is one with many charges so she tries again, this time with a shoe. Albeit small doubt crosses her mind; is it clothed if it has only a shoe? She can only hope. This time her spell hits the mini dust storm at the same time as the shoe does. Effect is as immediate as the spell demands. Rosie and Finger can both hear Jeremiah gasping air now and color quickly returns on his face. The invisible attacker stays behind, so it definitely should be asleep. Only indication of its presence is a blob like shape where dust is gently blown away.

As soon as Jeremiah is dragged to relative safety of morgue Little Finger closes the door. Finally safe! Well, as safe as one can be here. Jeremiah is still out for the count though.

In the barracks, after Rosie does her quick looting run, Octavian examines the chests there. The open ones do have only leather armors, simple clothes and sandals. He doesn't think locked chests have anything other than that, but one can always hope. He then goes to lower end of the room and opens left door. Behind it is small enclosed space with barely nothing in it. A cot on back, a chamber pot in corner, simple stool with a jug, a plate and a spoon piled on it. However as soon as he opens the door the floor disappears and all those items fall down into a deep pit. He's just about to take a peek when he hears door being closed behind him. Indeed. He's separated from those barbarians. Looks like they didn't like presence of true roman. As expected from barbarians, always ready to rebel.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)

No sign of PaPaj. Next in the line is ATHATH. Are you ready? If yes, then you'll accompany Glass in barracks and your spell will be "When caster dies, he becomes a tree"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2017, 03:13:48 pm »

cough cough
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20