Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 26008 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2017, 04:22:48 pm »

(good ideas rosie, i still don't know exactly what i want, Little finger might transform his magic in things that make sense to him. He is wanting a bunch of healing things because of people hurt, and some stuff related to his robber "past", i will make touched target gets healed and caster  gets healed and we will know how much it will change in cooldown, and to get a bunch of healings, i should get the least useful of them and add complications. And them i will proceed to "Something target is invisible/shielded/stronger/smaller/bigger/weaker/dizzy/silent)

Modification time:
Looked target is healed> touched target is healed

"Okay, six rooms till i can heal Jeremiah. Thx rosie, do you have something we can make Jeremiah wake up? Next room let me go in first, i am small and used to be on the shadows. But let's visit a bunch of safe looking rooms first, maybe we should break those benches on the first room and use that planks as weapon, but i need a bit of help as i am not so strong"

(Waiting for interaction to do some kind of action, won't leave Jeremiah and Rosie side. He need a gang after all and help if he wishes to see his brothers)

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2017, 04:32:08 pm »

Darkgamer, you're an arse.

"Target becomes return portal" (standard alteration [i.e. whole bunch of spells that could be from])

Close and open the pit-trap room door.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 03, 2017, 04:32:41 pm »

Shannon goes to join the other guys in the group. "What's happened you look a mess? Are you ok."

spell change: Touched target does appear understandable > Touched target becomes understandable

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2017, 03:28:31 am »

Wake up.
One wheel short of a wagon

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2017, 10:11:07 am »

(Err...I just realized I accidentally wrote "becomes" instead of "immediately transforms into" when making that last edit, causing my newest spell to have 2 edits. Sorry. I guess, maybe, I could have my Edit just be an intermediary between those two this turn, to make up for that little accident? "Target becomes a cat unless naked"? Sorry again)

"Well, note to self: Elemental-whatever things might be considered clothed while they have a shoe or such in them. Anyway, let's open the door in this room again. It's far enough away from the barracks, which we could use as a pretty good safe resting place if we so needed. Wait...we should put Jeremiah on one of those beds in the barracks! He'll be comfortable, there's less risk of infection, and he'll be farther from danger!

Oh, did I ever tell you about the barracks? There's some ok armor in there, plus some sandals. Might be worth something if I ever make a merchant"

Rosie proposes bringing Jeremiah to a bed in the barracks to rest up, and does so if Finger agrees. Then she changes into armor and sandals, unless the sandals are uncomfortable.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2017, 11:09:47 am »

"Well, note to self: Elemental-whatever things might be considered clothed while they have a shoe or such in them. Anyway, let's open the door in this room again. It's far enough away from the barracks, which we could use as a pretty good safe resting place if we so needed. Wait...we should put Jeremiah on one of those beds in the barracks! He'll be comfortable, there's less risk of infection, and he'll be farther from danger!

Oh, did I ever tell you about the barracks? There's some ok armor in there, plus some sandals. Might be worth something if I ever make a merchant"

Rosie proposes bringing Jeremiah to a bed in the barracks to rest up, and does so if Finger agrees. Then she changes into armor and sandals, unless the sandals are uncomfortable.
There is no barracks anymore. This was not my fault.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2017, 12:28:53 pm »

(I just noticed that everygame i see glass he is getting screwed by another player, what a unlucky guy)

Shannon closed the barracks last game, okay, we don't know this but we can always interact with the frustation.

To shannon:"An wind monster tried to kick our arse, don't ask, help us wake him up and go to the barracks"
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2017, 01:17:10 pm »

There is no barracks anymore. This was not my fault.
(almost drops Jeremiah) "C'mon, who closed the door? That room was literally the first safe, comfortable-isa place we found! Welp, just put 'im on a bench, Finger"

With four edits, I could make "Touched door leads into prior room it led to". Might not be worth it, though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2017, 01:47:31 pm »

(Err...I just realized I accidentally wrote "becomes" instead of "immediately transforms into" when making that last edit, causing my newest spell to have 2 edits. Sorry. I guess, maybe, I could have my Edit just be an intermediary between those two this turn, to make up for that little accident? "Target becomes a cat unless naked"? Sorry again)

Huh, so it was Glass who already had "target becomes"... I should pay more attention. But sure, let's do it like that.

Also no sign of ATHATH either. Who's available to fill up the sixth seat?

Nothing much seems to happen amongst the survivors. Rosie chats with Little Finger and Shannon joins them in Morgue. Jeremiah wakes up coughing a bit of blood. He quickly inspects himself and finds the moss has disappeared from his back, but wings are still there.

Now left alone Octavian closes the door dissapointed and opens it again. Behind it he finds a very large hall. Gloriously white walls decorated with shapes that almost looks like trees but not quite, polished wooden floor that would put best carpenters of Roman empire into shame. Octavian can actually see your reflection from it! It's stark difference between the simple barracks and this hall.

Right in front of the door is a "small" podium, facing rest of the hall. There are actually two doors leading to the podium: the one he is looking from and another mirrored on opposite side. And on far backside of the hall there are three large double doors, clearly for masses to enter and exit. The hall has large number fine benches scattered around as if after hurricane and a bunch of out-of-place stalagmites are clustered near the podium. Large glass windows are filling the room with warm light, however Octavian sees only white behind the windows. Obviously this room belongs to emperor, no one else is rich enough for this!

--------
         +      +  <- Octavian's door.
         |      |               > = stalagmite
---------        ---------
|     >                  |
|         >              |
|           >            |
|       >   >            |
|        >               |
|                        |
--------++--++--++--------

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2017, 02:18:22 pm »

I'm available, if nobody higher on the list is showing up.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2017, 02:32:48 pm »

Jeremiah tries to bind his wounds a bit with any scraps of shirt still clinging to his back. If nothing happens, he swoops around the hall a bit, testing his new wings.

Spell change: Moss and fungus occur on named target's back.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:56:46 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2017, 03:21:57 pm »

Jeremiah staggers through the barracks into the audience hall. Then immediately back into the barracks again if anything happens. If nothing happens, he swoops around the hall a bit, testing his new wings.

Spell change: Moss and fungus occur on named target's back.

There is no barracks, you're sitting in the benches of hall #1 with no acess to the rest

Modification:
target is healed> caster is healed

"Calm down Jeremiah, i need three rooms to heal you now. Maybe i should give a stupid necessity as hugging someone to heal so i could heal frequently but for now i will stick to 5 ways to heal and will begin working on other stuff now i will grab a plank, cause i am not going anywhere without something i can hit someone."

*Try to break again one of the wooden benches on hall#1 and use one of it's feet/planks as an improvised club*
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:05:49 pm by omada »
Novice english wordsmith

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2017, 03:23:04 pm »

Um.
[latin]"Hello?"[/latin]
Do what I can to figure out if the room is trapped at all without leaving the barracks. Look carefully for anything out of place, maybe throw my scissors or shears in there.

"Target door becomes return portal" (bolded word added)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:10:46 pm by Glass »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2017, 03:35:32 pm »

Glass, with 2/3 edits, you could make "Target door becomes return door to previous connected room". We would lost the barracks, but we'd meet you again. You'd also have to cast it from within the barracks for it to work right. Anyway, spell edit will be "Target becomes a backpack unless naked".

"So, let's get some options open". Rosie does the following process one for the Morgue, and twice for wooden doors in the hall, all already closed; she opens it, and if it leads somewhere dangerous/suspicious, she closes the door and opens it again until it leads somewhere safe-ish.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 07:54:30 pm by OceanSoul »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2017, 03:58:12 pm »

Glass, with 2/3 edits, you could make "Target door becomes return door to previous connected room". We would lost the barracks, but we'd meet you again. You'd also have to cast it from within the barracks for it to work right. Anyway, spell edit will be "Target becomes a backpack unless naked".
I'd say 1 edit to get "Taget door becomes permanent return portal" (that is, return to original location, I think). If return portal doesn't mean what I think it means, then another edit to add "to original connection".
Then I need to travel a lot.

Also, AM, you need to change the barracks door 2 to be the hall.

EDIT: Please send any new dudes my way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:58:00 pm by Glass »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20