Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: World Trek: Evolving Magic  (Read 25558 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinity Mansion : Evolving Magic
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2017, 05:55:47 am »

Wish I had seen this sooner. It reminds me a lot of those Forumite stuck in RPG games. I liked those, but this way of handling rooms is probably better. May as well sign up, though that wait list is pretty big.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:25:21 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2017, 11:31:23 am »

to rosie: "Of course i will step first"

edited my comment to include the healing of jeremiah

to shannon: "So, you trust a bandit kid and not a cosplayer? If he tries something funny i can deal with him easy, and in some time i can make . By the way are you a boy or a?... whatever... forget."

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:44:23 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 06, 2017, 12:02:28 pm »

to shannon: "So, you trust a bandit kid and not a cosplayer? If he tries something funny i can deal with him easy, and in some time i can make . By the way are you a boy or a?... whatever... forget."

"I'm me, also I dont trust him fully because he threw a knife or something. I'm pretty sure that's him threatening me."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 06, 2017, 12:09:42 pm »

I was not the one who decided to have my guy staring at you the whole time. Really, he should have been watching the shears.

Really, they should have been thrown by the time you reached the door to the hall.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 06, 2017, 12:17:07 pm »

I was not the one who decided to have my guy staring at you the whole time. Really, he should have been watching the shears.

Really, they should have been thrown by the time you reached the door to the hall.

Fifth and final door, opened by Shannon, leads surprisingly enough to the audience hall that Octavian is currently observing. *Insert akward silence here* Octavian stares intently at Shannon who's right on opposite side, just few meters away. Without breaking the eye contact Octavian takes shears from his belt and flicks them left, into midst of the stalagmites.

Really? thats why you threw it after i was right there and looking at you. Plus you are the one staring intently at me.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2017, 03:30:37 pm »

Um.
[latin]"Hello?"[/latin]
Do what I can to figure out if the room is trapped at all without leaving the barracks. Look carefully for anything out of place, maybe throw my scissors or shears in there.

"Target door becomes return portal" (bolded word added)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The rooms weren't even connected yet. I thought I was trapped. All that staring stuff was AN's writing.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 06, 2017, 05:07:30 pm »

Glass and darkgamer, just accept it as a little bit of drama for fun and inter character tension. It seemed like a good idea.

Little Finger goes back to morgue to check the smokehouse opened there, but finds that the door there was closed at some point when nobody was watching. That's a little troubling revelation. Regardless he next steps into the mess hall, his feets making a mark into soft sand. Without moving from the spot he observes the room carefully for traps, but fails to find any. If there is one it must be exceptionally well hidden or magical in nature. Next he steps past Shannon into the Audience Hall. This room he feels is likewise empty of traps, but those stalagmites are extremely suspicious. He thinks no one should approach those.

There, together with Shannon, he watches as Octavian lifts the door connecting the barracks and audience hall off its hinges, possibly permantently connecting them together. While he does this he speaks latin, something about "mater" and "Atlas". While Shannon is having doubts about his sanity and safety, it appears Octavian doesn't do anything obviously dangerous. If anything, that door removal trick is rather smart move.

After that both Little Finger and Jeremiah beging room hopping in earnest, aiming to quickly recharge their spells. The moment his first healing spells charges up (#9, "Touched target is healed"), he goes up to Jeremiah and unleashes the stored up power on him. It doesn't have much visible effects, mostly because Jeremiah's wounds are hidden by blood and are inside his body. However, the target of the spell feels warm tingle in the wounds. After swiping blood away in his arms, Jeremiah finds fully healed skin, as if he never had wounds. Already bled blood remains, however. After spending a moment in all rooms, expect barracs, he's left in situation where all his spells are fully ready.

In meanwhile Rosie inspects spatial transition of the barracks and comes in conclusion that it is completely messed up. Where barracks were originally connected to door 2 and was oriented in such way that higher end up the room was on the side of hall, it's now rotated 180 degrees and moved around. Normally rooms don't wander around like that, so she isn't sure what's happening here. Well, obviously magic is involved here, she can see that much.

Shaking her head she walks to the mess hall, stepping in foot prints in sand left by Jeremiah. There are five wooden tables there, sturdy antique looking ones. Benches of same style are placed around tables making it so that six people can fit dining around each table. From the general perspective it looks like this is the door customers would come in, as at the opposite side is nearly a room wide desk in front of a equally wide shelve stacked with really old fashioned cutlery, boxes and barrels. Considering how one of the barrels is placed there's possibly even beer available.

Little Finger finishes his observation round and can proudly tell that there are no traps anywhere he can see, except those stalagmites in the audience hall. Those feel little dangerous.

Finally Walter walks to the poorly lit hall and observes how rooms fit together, without actually stepping into them. The result is that they don't fit together at all. All the doors in the central hallway are barely two meters apart each other, yet the rooms they open to are far wider than that and should be overlapping multiple rooms, yet there are no sign of such conflicts. It gives him a little headache as he tries to reconcile these major issues with spacetime being bended in wrong way.

Trying to ignore this he returns back to barracs and opens the door he originally came through. What he sees is definitely not what there was supposed to be. Muddy floor, a large tank, bronze pipes trickling water from joints, hissing and rhytmic banging sounds can be heard from there as well. Pipes go in ceiling mostly and into walls, but one descends to top the tank and few ascend from ground next to it.

Spoiler: Rooms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheets (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2017, 05:28:23 pm »

Shannon saw what little finger did and copied him, trying to build up as many rooms as possible. After his spell was modified

Spell change: Touched named target becomes understandable permanently > Touched named target gains regeneration permanently

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2017, 05:57:51 pm »

Magic stuff:
The forearms of 1 targeted male nearby double in length.
>
The forearms of 1 targeted male nearby double in size.

Walter opens the door that previously led to the smokeroom. If any immediate threats are behind it, he closes and opens the door again until everything is at least relatively safe.

If anyone starts breaking down or removing another door, he also gives them a hand.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:00:02 pm by Whisperling »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 06, 2017, 06:05:18 pm »

Modification

"Pointed target thinks live" > "Pointed target knows live"

"Hey, new guy, don't get far from the others, and grab whatever is in the barracks and don't let that guy approach the stalagmites, we already lost another survivor, and we aren't here for 1 hour. So, where should we explore first? I haven't found any mundane traps, and those jewels in the treasure room could be magical too"

*Take a closer look inspecting the treasure room see if we are alone and check what he sees in the jewels.*
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:15:22 pm by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 06, 2017, 06:54:52 pm »

"Target room becomes cat"

"Well, the meat room was closed off, for better or worse, so let's see what's available here".
Look through barrels, etc, for usable foods. Then open door in this room.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 06, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »

"Target room becomes safe" (bolded word added)

First, remove the door to the main area that the big room is now attached to from its frame. Then, walk around from room to room, charging up my spells and removing doors to safe rooms from their frames. Once my new one is charged, return to the audience hall or whatever it was - the big one - and cast it at the room, maybe aiming at the stalagmites. Then, cast "target becomes omnilingual" on myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: If I make a room safe with the above spell, is there a time limit on that, or is it permanent? If I cast "target room becomes farm" or some equivalent spell, is that permanent or temporary? It's important for how much modification I need to do.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 10:57:17 pm by Glass »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2017, 03:49:53 am »

"Thanks awfully. Bit of a nasty scrap, that, didn't think I'd get out of it for a second. Well-ll... anyone want a pair of wings, by any chance?"

Use spell, on myself, Plate and wings grow on named targets back.

Change spell to: Moss and Healing occur on named target.
One wheel short of a wagon

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2017, 06:37:03 am »

Just saying, what would "target room becomes cat" even do?
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2017, 08:53:34 am »

Just saying, what would "target room becomes cat" even do?
Probably remove target room from the map, and create a cat incarnation of it in a nearby room. As the effect would likely dispel if it went through another door, the room-cat would rebecome a room between the two rooms, either making an intermediary room or destroying one of the rooms as the room reforms. I did the edit so that we could have room-altering spells, but that seems to be Glass's plan, too.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20