Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Arena Masters [TCG]  (Read 2047 times)

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Arena Masters [TCG]
« on: July 29, 2017, 08:08:13 am »

Years, decades, millennia, time flows without anyone being able to interfere. Right here on the world of Kalastus. Many creatures intelligent or not seek power and security with different means, most relying on brute force or their magical capabilities. Prosperity is a word that does not exist in this world and that is why we were chosen, chosen to be the world of fighting. Entities of immense power came and made us their property. While we squandered about, they had the intelligence and means to prosper into something none from our world could achieve. Enslaving all of Kalastus they who we call Arena Masters made us fight in regulated fights for amusement as they do not need to prosper anymore, they need entertainment, and so we are.

Gameplay
You are a deity of immense power, and with other deities of similar power you have invaded the world of Kalastus, now collect fighters for yourself and pit them against other players in different modes. Decks of this game will be small ranging from 5 to 10 cards to make the games more about decision making and strategy and not about massing 50 of the best cards and mashing them into one deck so the opponent of less valuable cards will always lose. Currently the game only has monster cards and the game is played in turns, there are battle turns and player turns. Here are 3 different cards and I will demonstrate a small fight (1 v 2) for you. But first a small rule set, in the game you have 20 health most of the matches and you lose when you lose all your health, all creatures can attack the turn they are summoned and attack the creature that was summoned first, so creatures summoned after are always protected by the creatures summoned before, unless there are effects saying otherwise. There is a timer of battle turns before you can summon another creature, normally it is 5 turns in between summons, but this can be altered with card effects.

Spoiler: Example Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Example Battle (click to show/hide)

From the previous "incomplete" battle you can see that the second player summoned the Summoner instead of the Clubber skeleton first, if he summoned clubber first he would wipe the Ragged skeleton and had a lead, countering enemy minions is a big deal in this game, so a variety of cards will be good, or you will have to have a good combo, knowing if your first or second to start will also play parts in matches to encourage different strategies, I have over 100 cards already made but I will no reveal them, each player will have to get packs to get cards and trading will be vital for people to get what they want for their decks. Each player starts with 200 funding, more is gained through matches, and cards can be traded up, commons into uncommons etc, there will be a table for that.

Card Trading
Players can trade cards freely in favorable trades, for example one person wants this one rare card, but the other person doesnt need any rares the other person has, so you need to offer something that is worth for him to give you this card which potentially could make you win him in the next match, people can use their sense to trade favorably. Also cards can be traded up with the following table.

Spoiler: Trade up (click to show/hide)

You can see the complete list of cards on this google doc, you can see your own cards here.

Spoiler: Shop (click to show/hide)

Additional Rules

Spoiler: Match Types (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Conditions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Special Damage Types (click to show/hide)

Joining the Game!
Pick a name for your supreme deity, spend all or some of your funding on packs, (currently only base set packs) and challenge someone to a Brawl. Questions are also welcome.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:25:08 am by Eldubs »

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arena Masters [TCG]
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 09:06:40 am »

Dakogon, Lord of Invention.

Buy as many packs as I can.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 10:20:29 am »

Elsraum, Sage-Lord of Nature, buys 3 packs.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 11:49:43 am »

Are passives effects that work from the deck? or is it that the hand and deck are the same?

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 11:53:24 am »

Are passives effects that work from the deck? or is it that the hand and deck are the same?

As "deck" I am referring to the whole deck, you can play any card from your deck on your turn, all you are limited with are the battle turns.

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 11:58:50 am »

Dakogon, Lord of Invention
With 200 starter Funding you can afford 4 Base Set Packs, you pull
 - 15 Commons
 - 5 Uncommons
 - 3 Rares
 - 1 Super Rare

Elsraum, Sage-Lord of Nature
With 200 starter Funding you buy 3 Base Set Packs spending 150 Funding, you pull
 - 9 Commons
 - 6 Uncommons
 - 3 Rares

You can see the complete list of cards revealed on this google doc, you can see your own cards here.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 12:18:56 pm »

@OceanSoul It's time to b-b-b-b-b-b-b-brawl once you make a deck.

By the way do we post our decks now or right before the duel?

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 01:49:17 pm »

Grand Phoenix Merl.

I'll get myself 3 base packs.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »

Shadow-Emperor Droanix

3 Base Packs shall be acquired.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2017, 02:48:48 pm »

The Writhing Entity Known as Von!

I demand two base packs, and two alone! So yeah, two.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 02:52:22 pm »

I will trade-in 3 spinner bots, 1 Blood Dame Archer, and 1 Sapper for an Uncommon card.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 06:27:46 am »

Anyone up for a brawl?

Eldubs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2017, 03:57:42 am »

Ok, I had to be away for some time, but now my vacation starts and I have all the time in the world to be hosting this game, lets start! All cards have been distributed to players and can be checked from the doc, also I revealed all common/uncommon cards, rares and very rares still have to be opened before people know what they do.

@darkgamer, you would rather send me your deck private or here, doesnt matter to be honest, just chose an opponent first :)

Oh and lets congratulate Shadowclaw777 for hitting very rare 3 times, what a lucky bastard.

darkgamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 04:32:58 am »

@OceanSoul I challenge you to a brawl.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2017, 04:48:04 am »

Spoiler: Rule questions (click to show/hide)

@thatroleplayerGal Up for a brawl?
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.
Pages: [1] 2