Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]  (Read 9722 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 0: The Triumphant Return]
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:37 pm »

So, can I assume our positioning around the circle is based on our current listing? Ex. Greatness is nearest to NRDK and kj1225.

Everyone is equidistant, or at least pretty close to that, so you have the same chance of getting to any person as any other.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 05:18:22 pm »

Run. Spread out. Get away! Into the depths of the town! Maybe see if I can find any acorns lying around if I have time. If attacked, return fire.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »

(Well, I certainly got an interesting set of articles. Pretty pleased with this. Jury is still out on the whole AAR thing though. I still gotta write my own turns too haha.)

"Oho~. Not the sort of body I was expecting, but this will do nicely. Truly the wars are like nothing else."

Ride the bull and find the nearest soldier(or mercenary, but not ideally). Seduce them to recruit them to my side. If they accept, they can have the Beholla Pistol and join me on the bull. Offer a share of the riches if necessary.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 08:44:39 pm »

After casting a glance about the square the man in a marching uniform points at
"Merde, obtenez le rosbif!"
Take a shot at Blitz and run for cover.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 11:43:55 pm »

Under the assumption that the delivery truck doesn't count as a large vehicle, I get into it, rev it up, and try to drive it into anyone I can reasonably hit, with priority on NRDL or Blitz. If it isn't there, tackle someone over before raining down three punches to their face.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2017, 06:02:14 am »

Open fire on Greatness with my pistol.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2017, 02:43:48 pm »

BlitzDungeoneer glances over the vigilantes before her, before clearing her throat.

“Alas, scoundrels of all sort,
Are gathering in this town,
And so I must keep this short,
Tonight, we drive them into the ground,
Pile on them like it’s a sport,
None can walk away now,
For them, there will be no comfort,
In their crimes and hate they will drown,
So please, lend me your support.”

Having come up with something reasonably poetic to inspire the vigilantes and hopefully get them to attack the other Wiki Warriors on sight, BlitzDungeoneer points out KJ to them before getting to cover. She returns fire at KJ.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2017, 03:23:18 pm »

Explore the marketplace for a gun shop, and purchase a good rifle there.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 12:58:03 am »

Explore the marketplace for a gun shop, and purchase a good rifle there.
Just thought I'd mention that this looks to be a medieval setting. The wiki wars have apparently been here before, so it might not be impossible to buy a gun, but you might want to change that. Of course I'm not TCM. Maybe provide an alternative? Dunno.

(Also TCM, the backstory implies that NPC's aren't supposed to take sides. How ironclad is that order from the mayor?)

Edit: That's everyone posted.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:03:11 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 06:44:26 pm »

just get out of the way for now, locate a good, defensible position to set up at.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 01:24:36 am »

Round 1: Savage Gang
Time: Dawn

Blitz inspires her band of Community Vigilantes with a rousing poem of battle and glory.
Spoiler: "War Cry" (click to show/hide)
[10+3] The poem goes over well, too well in fact. Instead of a pleasant round of claps or enthusiastic cheers, these words of war infect the mind of all the vigilantes like a ringworm and send them into a state of animalistic frenzy known only to the Viking Berserkers of Olden Thyme and English soccer fans. The men start to jump up and down, beating on their chests with their fists, stomping irrythemically into the ground and howling into the sky. The townsfolk appear concerned by this display. Blitz only has to weakly wave in KJ's direction in order for the vigilantes to set upon him like a pack of dogs hungry for blood, paying no attention to the fact that they are all unarmed, while their mark holds a bayoneted gun.
[6+2(Bloodlusted) VS. 2] With no time to aim, KJ attempts to run the first vigilante through with the bayonet, but the attacker slides around the blade and seizes the length of the musket, trying to rip it from KJ's grasp. KJ wrestles the vigilante for his weapon, giving the other vigilantes an opportunity to jump upon him and rain him down with blows. KJ is forced to concede his gun in order to shield himself from the storm of fists around him. While most of the hits glance off his uniform or are absorbed by his blocking arms, one of the vigilantes sneaks a blindside hook that smashes KJ right in the face. He staggers backwards a few steps, his guard still up and his eyesight blurry as the gang continues to surround him.
For an added measure, Blitz lifts up her Colonel's Revolver and aims it dead center at KJ, doing her best not to hit any of her allies in the way. [3 VS. 10-2(Dazed)] She shoots off two shots above KJ, alerting him of her intentions (if her gang of vigilantes beating him up wasn't enough). He would be able to shoot back, if his musket wasn't being confiscated.

KJ cries, "Merde, obtenez le rosbif!" This exclamation takes on a more alarming tone than he originally intended, now that he was surrounded by Blitz's community vigilantes who had him cornered from every angle. The growling men swipe at him and jeer KJ intelligently, one of them waving his stolen musket in the air like a club. Cornered and seeing double, KJ does his best to push out of the hostile swarm. [8-2(Dazed) VS. 6+2(Bloodlusted)] KJ gets into his best boxer's stance and starts to jab and swing into the vigilantes, backing them up as he throws out his punches. The fearless men are undeterred however, and just as KJ begins to make a break for it, he is grabbed by two vigilantes and thrown back into the middle of this 5-on-1 arena. KJ's eyes clear up by now, allowing to make out the details on the vigilantes, from their saliva stained lips to their bloodshot eyes, but he still can't see an easy way out.

OceanSoul turns his back on the preliminary violence and walks into the marketplace. The rows and rows of stalls coated by drapery of different dyes creates a sprawling rainbow effect. The goods for sale range from fruit and meat to jewelry and strange trinkets. Each of the merchants tries to grab Ocean's attention when he steps nearby, beckoning him closer and proclaiming good deals on their wares. OceanSoul states that he is in the market for guns. This is met with confusion from the merchants, who try to figure out what exactly a gun is. One of them perks up, "Oh, you mean Agotth don't you? Yes, Agotth is half a day's travel to the East, longer if the roads are ruined, or swarming with highwaymen that will rob you for all you have. If you need to be taken there, my sons will take you down the road, with a ride and protection of course, for only 20 Gild."

NRDL sees Greatness making a beeline for his truck, so she trains her pistol's iron sights on his backside. [7 VS. 9] She fires two shots into the ground near Greatness, certainly giving him a reason to run faster, but doing no physical damage.

The beautiful Person admires her own figure in a manner more befitting of Narcissus than Europa, "Oho~. Not the sort of body I was expecting, but this will do nicely. Truly the wars are like nothing else." She rides her loyal steed into the marketplace, small sparks sizzling from its horns. Many eyes are glued to her for many reasons. She asks for the location of the nearest army barracks, or at the very least the closest bar that the mercenaries converge at. She learns that outside times of war, Frumaed rarely sees soldiers or mercenaries, who would be more common in a larger city like Agotth. The armed forces of Frumaed are the Town Watch, a handful of volunteers who are under the sheriff's jurisdiction. The merchants call over one of these watchers who reveals himself to be little more than a regular townsperson with a wooden baton.

Failbird takes on the ancient philosophy of 'Fuck this shit I'm Out' and parts from the circle, rushing for the closest fortifiable position. [Taking Cover:4] The American vaults over a waist-high wooden fence in front of one of the houses and ducks beneath it. The fence should provide good cover, well not good, but it will probably take a good couple hits before it comes apart. Hopefully. Peeking behind his shoulder at the house behind him, Failbird can see the family within it staring at him, their expressions ranging from indignant (the patriarch) to amused (the children). 

Fallacy duplicates Failbird's desire to get out ASAP. The Spaniard hightails it into the town, racing along the outside part of the marketplace and deeper within the settlement. He regularly peeks over his shoulder to see if he is being pursued, gripping the handle of his revolver in case he needs to make a couple retaliatory shots. Ultimately, no one chases him down and he stops running once he is out of eyesight of every Wiki Warrior he can see, and the marketplace as well. Recovering his breath and stamina, Fallacy takes this quiet moment to observe his surroundings. He's between two rows of houses, and one building of note is a church that rises above all of them, it's spire culminating with a brass bell.

Greatness evades NRDL for long enough to climb into his dilvery truck and switch on the ignition. The engine comes to life, and with NRDL right in front of him, the Congolese slams his foot on the break before even putting his hands on the steering wheel. [8+2(Driving) VS. 6] NRDL attempts to dive out of the way, but Greatness gets his hands on the wheel and turns it enough so that the corner of the truck catches the painter right above the thigh. NRDL spins through the air a few times like a failing helicopter before landing on her face. She struggles to get up, part of her hip was clearly managed by the vehicular assault.
Greatness spins the truck around and stops on a dime, looking for a new target. Blitz has a gun, and guns are a threat, so the delivery truck speeds after her. [2+2(Driving) VS. 9] Just as the truck begins accelerating, Blitz catches it in the corner of the eye and spins around, pointing her gun at the driver. [4 vs. 2] Two bullets are fired, one going straight through the window and catching the top of Greatness's ear. Greatness instinctively takes his foot off of the pedal and puts a hand to his wound, stopping well short of Blitz.

Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)

(Also TCM, the backstory implies that NPC's aren't supposed to take sides. How ironclad is that order from the mayor?)

Each of the NPCs in this town has a unique personality, so it'll be different for each person. This is true of any NPC under orders from some sort of higher power or organization, each individual is going to be different, (unless they are under some sort of thrall, for example).

I also want to make sure to emphasize that it's important that if a player wants to attack twice in a turn, whether it's different targets or the same one twice, that they specify it in their action.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 1: Savage Gang]
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 04:08:46 am »

Continue shooting Greatness.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 04:09:30 am »

Use the power of opera to simultaniously calm the gang and challenge the limey brit to a duel of art! Use my superior dancing skills to enhance my challenge.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2017, 04:27:21 am »

"That... was not what I expected."
BlitzDungeoneer is, naturally, at loss for words after having incited the vigilantes into murderous rage. Oh well. It all worked out in her favor in the end, so it was fine.

That said, she shoots KJ with one shot, then shoots Greatness with her last remaining bullet before gesturing for the vigilantes to continue 'doing their thing' to KJ, as it were. That is to say, beat him to a bloody pulp.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 07:07:39 am »

Good. Wander around a bit, staying away from any fighting. The objective of this wandering being to find acorns and whatnot. If attacked, return fire.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10