Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 9: Still Breathing]  (Read 9721 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 1: Savage Gang]
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 08:16:02 am »

Use the universal insult on Blitz (read as: flip her off) and rev up the engine. Unless she runs away, I charge the truck into her. Only if I miss, however, will I open up the Book of Silk and find out exactly what this thing can do.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 11:53:00 am »

"So, you're one of the sheriff's men? You stayed behind to protect the town from us warriors, is that right? Well, consider your bravery rewarded. I intend to end this war quickly and easily, without putting any innocents at risk. Staying with the sheriff won't get you anywhere, but if you help me do this, you'll definitely be rewarded~"

Seduce the watchman to my side. If successful, give him the pistol and ride off with him in search of enemies.

If not, just start looking for enemies and testing the bull's powers. Determine how much lightning the bull can really use, and how well it can direct it.

(Hah, the one time I try to recruit soldiers in a wiki war game and there aren't any. Guess I can work with this though.)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 03:52:45 pm »

Throw a simple gesture of "get away from the window" to the family, and set up with bipod through the gap in the fence posts.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 12:12:07 am »

My apologies for the lateness of the update. Turns out I'm heading out of state spontaneously. Expect an update on the 11th.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2017, 01:37:17 pm »

"I see...I apologies, sir, for I forgot many details about this location, including the form of currency and types of technology...Hmm. I am...not sure how wealthy of a merchant you are, but I would like a service in...appraising one or more of my goods. It could be very valuable to the people of this world, if one had comprehension of it. Notable technology, the potential to advance science, easy, safer transport in water if the right resources can be obtained, or if it can be adjusted for other means of propulsion. Do you know where I could find such an appraiser?"

Ask him about where I could fine someone to appraise the resources of my first and third articles.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:42 am »

(Can I request you pad my ego further, and use my roseheart name in the credit?

Glad to see this shark swimmin' around again.)
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 12:58:16 am »

Round 2: Sky Omen
Time: Dawn

NRDL gets back up, obviously favoring her right leg and points her gun at the side of Greatness's truck. [3-1 VS. 6] Her shaky aim fires three bullets, two missing completely and one ricocheting off the side of the vehicle and into the ground.

Failbird waves the family in the house behind him away from the window, mouthing "Get back!" The man of the house shoves his children away and closes the curtains. The soldier locates the largest gap between the wooden picket fence posts, which is just large enough to fit the barrel of his M249 through. He lays down, deploying the bipod on the bottom of his machine gun and laying down behind it, looking through the scope at the scene in the town square. This tactical position gives him a much better shot, although it simultaneously puts limits his movements. Thankfully this lowered mobility is partially mitigated by the cover of the fence.

Fallacy, now separated from the squabble in the town square, walks around searching the ground for acorns, one hand hovering near his revolver in case he needs to make any sudden retaliation. His search comes up fruitless, (pun kinda intended but it doesn't really work either) as the ground is covered in either dirt or cobbling. The fake policeman broadens his search and looks past the rows of houses to see a forest not too far from the town to the West, where flora would be much more plentiful.

Person rides up to the town watch militiaman. "So, you're one of the sheriff's men? You stayed behind to protect the town from us warriors, is that right? Well, consider your bravery rewarded. I intend to end this war quickly and easily, without putting any innocents at risk. Staying with the sheriff won't get you anywhere, but if you help me do this, you'll definitely be rewarded~"[/color]
[Seduction: 6+1+2(Easy Target)] The watchman shrugs, "I'm supposed to stay here and protect the town, especially from people like you. But if you win and make all of these people leave, then I'm doing my job right? Okay, I am in." [+Ally: Town Watchman] Once he is finished rationalizing his actions, he hops onto the electrical bull, sitting snugly behind Person. She hands him the Beholla Pistol, and he accepts it, putting his eye right to the barrel. "What is this thing? Some sort of telescope?" The bull huffs, clearly unhappy with the newest addition.
Just behind Person is the town square where the other contestants continue to fight with tooth and nail and gun and vehicular manslaughter. The bull's horns crackle and Person reckons she could strike someone from say, twenty feet away with good precision.

Greatness sends Blitz the bird (the one that don't fly), and drives his Delivery Truck right at her, full speed. [1+2 VS. 7] Blitz stares down the truck, and when it is close enough she jukes to the side, resulting in the vehicle passing her by harmlessly. Greatness stops the truck for a second so that he can open up the Book of Silk and find out exactly what it's about. The old dusty parchment opens up slowly, filled with beautifully detailed pictures of the night sky. And look then there is-
The great meteor. Crashing down from the heavens into the forest to the west, flattening trees and embedding itself into a crater in the ground. It will come tonight and it will bring the New Ones, both Great and Terrible.
....Greatness wakes up after falling unconscious for a few seconds. What the hell was that? He glances at the book again and for some reason it seems less mysterious and magical than it was previously before he opened it.

"That... was not what I expected." Blitz doesn't have much to say on the enraged state of the vigilantes from mere poetry, but at least it's working. To speed up the process, she shoots KJ. [10 VS. 9] Careful not to hit the vigilantes in the melee, Blitz fires a single focused shot once KJ is in the open, and completely blasts off his right ring finger. Not quite the killshot she was hoping for, but at least it ensures that it's going to be a pain in the ass for KJ to get married in some cultures.
With the final bullet in her revolver, Blitz aims at Greatness through his truck's driver's window. [4 VS. 3] The bullet pierces the window and grazes his left shoulder before embedding into the fabric of his sheet. Blitz is certainly winning the race so far for "Most Non-Lethal Yet Highly Obnoxious Woundings".
Blitz's six shooter is now empty, with no fatal attacks yet. Trying to change this, Blitz points firmly at her vigilantes and then at KJ. Even in their state it isn't hard to get the message through. [1+2 vs. 6] The vigilantes swarm, and KJ responds by grabbing them and throwing them into one another, reducing them from crazed killers into participants of a Three Stodges's skit. And while a disciplined fighter might try and shot KJ with a musket or even stab him with the bayonet, the armed vigilante tries to club him over the head. All KJ has to do is step out of the way and the charging foe trips over one of his fallen comrades.

KJ changes tactics and improvises an entire opera act in the middle of battle while the stumbling vigilantes get back up. [Opera: 4+2 VS. 3] The first act, entitled "Killing Me Like a Bunch of Savages Would Be Real Lame Y'all", begins to have its desired effect as the drooling, hunched over frames of the vigilantes begins to soften and fade. They look at one another, suddenly disgusting with their behavior. One enlightened fellow remarks, "This is ridiculous. This is a deathbattle after all, but that doesn't mean we are reduced to animals! Come on now boys, get your act together." [Bloodlusted Resolved]
The next Act is a direct challenge to Blitz, entitled "Real Wiki Warriors Fight With Art, Not Swords and Guns". The final Act is simply a reiteration of the second Act, with the Opera now replaced with elegant freeform Krumping. KJ finishes and bows to polite applause from the vigilantes, "I think there was something to that Opera, you know boys? Maybe we can settle this with art after all."
"Yeah, I would rather do that then have to fight and get hurt. I have a family I want to go home to."

Oceansoul explains himself to the merchant, "I see...I apologies, sir, for I forgot many details about this location, including the form of currency and types of technology...Hmm. I am...not sure how wealthy of a merchant you are, but I would like a service in...appraising one or more of my goods. It could be very valuable to the people of this world, if one had comprehension of it. Notable technology, the potential to advance science, easy, safer transport in water if the right resources can be obtained, or if it can be adjusted for other means of propulsion. Do you know where I could find such an appraiser?"
The merchant scratches his chin, "All of that highbrow technology and science stuff, well I could take it off your hands if you were willing to trade for gold. But if you're really looking for someone to look at all of it and take it apart, you should find one of those brainy professor or engineer types. I know that there's a lot of them in Agotth, the place has one of those University schools. And my offer for my sons to take you there still stands. I've also heard rumors of that old wizard that lives in the forest near here, but who can trust a rumor?"

Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)

After a week of bizarre misadventures I return with an update. I will try my best to handle this better in the future. Until then, I will wait another forty eight hours before updating again, so that everyone has adequate time to respond.
(Can I request you pad my ego further, and use my roseheart name in the credit?

Glad to see this shark swimmin' around again.)
Sure thing boss.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 2: Sky Omen]
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:09 am »

Head to my Castro Fortress Cannon.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:39 pm »

Explain what the pistol is and how to use it. Meanwhile, ride in search of a wiki warrior. If I find one, demonstrate the proper form by example using my SMG.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:50:33 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 08:17:52 am »

fire on any exposed wiki-warriors in my firing line, if there are any. If not, re-position somewhere else along the fence

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2017, 09:09:46 am »

To the forest! I will find acorns!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2017, 11:58:36 am »

Waitlist pls.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2017, 05:17:53 pm »

"Gettin' real sick of this."

Get out of the truck and book it to Blitz, tackling her. If I succeed, rain down punch after punch. If I fail, sweep the leg to get her to fall. In any case, make an attempt to seize the gun.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 3: Operatic Drama]
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:01 am »

Round 3: Operatic Drama
Time: Morning
The sun rises over the horizon.

NRDL limps on over to her starting spot where her cannon remains untouched. It's beautifully built in Colonial Porteguese style and could easily put a hole through a British naval vessel. It is currently primed and ready on the spot, a single cannonball preemptively loaded.

Fallacy makes his way over from the quiet side of town and through a patch of field before entering the forest. Tall trees with great canopies that block out the sunlight, preventing much from growing on the dark forest floor besides some shrubbery. Sounds of animals moving about and cawing come in from the distance. There are no acorns in this forest, but there are a a good deal of pinecones. Fallacy knows that this must mean that most of the seeding trees here are conifer. While inspecting a pile of pinecones, Fallacy hears some movement up ahead, and the sound of growling. Looking upwards, he spots a small pack of wolves about twenty five yards away, sulking around. Whether it's out of hunger or territorialism, they do not look happy to see him.

Person explains the fundamentals of handguns to her Watchman companion. Fortunately, he has knowledge of what a cannon is, (at least in description, he claims to have never actually seen one up close) so she can transcribe the whole 'Aim and Shoot' principle easily. The more modern and sophisticated parts of the gun, like the safety and cocking handle, are more difficult to get across. "There are a lot of complicated parts in this small machine. Only a dedicated tinkerer could have smithed this Bee Holla, or maybe a crazed one." Person rides the bull back into the town square, where the melee continues, and chooses Greatness's truck randomly for a practice target. [4+1 VS. 4] She fires a burst into the delivery truck's front window, shattering it, though Greatness himself is left unharmed except for another grazing wound on his lower torso.
"I see now! It doesn't look hard at all," comments the Watchman as he raises his pistol. [7-2(Total Inexperience) VS. 9] Despite it being his first time and missing Person completely, the three bullets all strike the interior of the Delivery Truck, prompting Greatness to burst out the door. "Damn, missed him. I will rend him next time, surely."

Failbird begins to unload his LMG into the first Wiki Warriors he can find in the center of town. This includes NRDL firstly, [8+2(Deployed Bipod)+1 VS. 2-2-1] and completely pulverizes her head with a quick burst of machinegun fire. The revolutionary's decapitated corpse slumps over the barrel of the Portuguese cannon.
Failbird's next target is the returning Person and all of her company. [5+2+1 VS. 3] The gunfire rakes the left side of the bull, and with a cry of pain and panic the beast falls onto its side, dumping its riders onto the ground, lightning erratically shooting from its horns. The bull stands up, and Person can see its massive wounds pouring with blood onto the ground. She stands up quickly as well, but the Watchman is slow to his feet. "Damn, I have been wounded!" One of the bullets had managed to tear straight through his left shoe into his foot.
The townsfolk in the marketplace who had been tentatively spectating so far, all duck and move further back into their tents as the M249 erupts.
Failbird has defeated NRDL, gaining 1 Point!
+Article: Copenhagen Consensus: +2 Medical, +Ability: A Brighter Future

KJ charges right at Blitz...and then stops right in front of her, turning her around and covering her! He loudly declares that if anyone is going to attack Blitz, they'll have to go from him first. One of the shocked Vigilantes says, "Oh...that is...that is unexpected."

"Gettin' real sick of this." Greatness grumbles as more gunfire forces him out of his truck. He looks up at Blitz, one of the first objects of his turmoil, and charges at her. Just before he reaches her however, KJ jumps in the way and intercepts the tackle! [10+2 VS. 4] Blitzing (ironically) at full speed, Greatness drives the hardest part of his shoulder directly into the front of KJ's neck. The truck driver wraps his arms in perfect rugby form around the photographer as the force drives him onto the ground, the second impact further pushing the shoulderbone into KJ's throat. Something breaks and as KJ recovers from the tackle, realizes that he can't breathe.
The Vigilantes all grimace as they watch KJ take a nasty hit that would've ended someone's career if it was on the rugby field. One exclaimed, "That bloke just threw himself in front of that to protect Missy Blitz! We havta' help him!" The other Vigilantes quickly concur, immediately jumping Greatness. [3 VS. 8] They successfully pull Greatness off of KJ, but that's the most success they get as the trucker slips out of their grasps. [2 vs. 7] His attempts to try and punch at them get him shoved away by a sea of feisty hands. "Fuck off you! Git' out!"

NAV pops into existence in the town center.

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BlitzDungeoneer (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OceanSoul (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Failbird105 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: kj1225 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki-Wars: Once More With Feeling [Round 3: Operatic Drama]
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 02:18:25 am »

Gesture frantically for my musket, if the gun is handed over, show that trucker what a real charge is about!.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10