Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Night Troll rescue?  (Read 3087 times)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
Night Troll rescue?
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:12:46 pm »

Is it possible to rescue kidnapped individuals from Night Troll lairs? I'm just wondering since there's a few months time gap between abduction and transformation, making me curious if it's possible to find a kidnapped spouse prior to their transformation.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
Re: Night Troll rescue?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:26:37 pm »

Yep it is... But usually it's too late. However if you're particularly lucky you can free the poor girl/lad. The transformation takes place when the couple give birth I believe so you really have a short window of action

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:30:32 pm »

it's not in a true sense, I have previously found such victims assigned to a lair(abducted) that have the profession "prisoner" while traveling around the night troll's lair as if it was on patrol. note that they haven't been turned yet. Talking to them doesn't work either since they are vectored into the night creature's combat group and they immediately start fighting you, also that they have equipment of their own for some reason (armor, weapons ie) so its not even a feature just a place holder that is actually a military position. you can just kill the night troll before the degrading ritual takes place and just leave the victim on its own if you want to call that a rescue.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:01:01 pm »

Fun fact, the time between kidnapping and transformation is exactly nine months. Also, a night creature child is born when the spouse transforms. So you might be rescuing a woman who is pregnant with a monster.

Jenz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 04:16:48 pm »

Can a player be transformed by a night troll?

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 05:11:24 pm »

Sadly, I think the answer to that question is no at the moment. I kind of want that to change just because.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:02:21 pm »

Sadly, I think the answer to that question is no at the moment. I kind of want that to change just because.

Same.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Jenz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 12:10:22 pm »

it'd be so cool (in a sense)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »

If a retired adventurer were transformed, what would happen on unretire? Seems incredibly unlikely to happen, but not totally impossible.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 03:46:20 pm »

If a retired adventurer were transformed, what would happen on unretire? Seems incredibly unlikely to happen, but not totally impossible.

*cough cough* sorry, a big ball of science got stuck in my throat.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 03:50:16 pm »

The adventurer would be unplayable in that case, just like what happens when a retired adventurer is turned into a thrall or husk.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 04:02:43 pm »

The adventurer would be unplayable in that case, just like what happens when a retired adventurer is turned into a thrall or husk.

I've never tried it myself, but I could have sworn you could play as a husk or thrall...

Well I definitely need to try some science now.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 07:41:54 pm »

I've never tried it myself, but I could have sworn you could play as a husk or thrall...

You can only play as one if you're afflicted by the evil weather during gameplay. If your adventurer is retired and natural world-gen from retiring a fort or something of the likes then the evil weather will turn them into an NPC husk instead of a playable one.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 07:57:00 pm »

You can only play as one if you're afflicted by the evil weather during gameplay. If your adventurer is retired and natural world-gen from retiring a fort or something of the likes then the evil weather will turn them into an NPC husk instead of a playable one.

Ah, got it.

...still gonna try out the Night Troll thing though. I've been challenged and I have no idea where this was tested.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 09:18:07 pm »

Ah, got it.

...still gonna try out the Night Troll thing though. I've been challenged and I have no idea where this was tested.

But can you get turned into a quote pyramid?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.
Pages: [1] 2