Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.6  (Read 56497 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.5
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2014, 12:04:39 am »

The newest version is included in r4.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:11 am »

In that case I would be using the newest version, and do have these crashes, although I thonk that there was an issue with using either 0 or -1 as walk costs...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2014, 05:14:33 am »

In that case I would be using the newest version, and do have these crashes, although I thonk that there was an issue with using either 0 or -1 as walk costs...
i can confirm it's still crashing. i've had multiple reports of 'mw crashing' and after getting the saved games, it's diggingInvaders that's the cause. i haven't been able to get a set of delay/cost values that won't crash some of these games either.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:33 am »

Which is strange because I have been using the plugin for a long time and the crashes started after the big update with Warlocks and Gnomes. Maybe some of Roses or Indigofenix scripts interfere?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2014, 08:51:26 am »

It is specific to windows. That might be why you're not having problems. The problem is that it incorrectly allocates certain df objects. Windows does things in a weird way so we have to do weird stuff to allocate them sometimes. I didn't do the weird stuff and just did the normal stuff.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.6
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2014, 05:55:50 pm »

Fixed the crash bug (hopefully). Keep regular backups of your saves just in case.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2014, 12:48:22 pm »

Just wanted to let you know: If an invader designates a wall for razing, the player can just un-designate it. ^^

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2014, 05:27:15 pm »

Thank you, but this is a known (and documented) problem:

Jobs assigned to invaders can be cancelled by the player. If this happens, they will just run the pathfinding algorithm again and probably reassign the same job. The job delay would start over in this case, so it's possible to cheat them into making no progress by repeatedly cancelling the jobs. I don't know a good way around this, but I consider it only a minor problem.

The documentation is pretty disorganized so it's not surprising you didn't see it. It's basically just a chaotic brain dump.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2014, 05:36:51 pm »

Oh, sorry. I just got that as a report from a player, so I thought I should let you know. But turns out its me this time, who should read the readme better.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2014, 07:50:38 am »

Thank you, but this is a known (and documented) problem:

Jobs assigned to invaders can be cancelled by the player. If this happens, they will just run the pathfinding algorithm again and probably reassign the same job. The job delay would start over in this case, so it's possible to cheat them into making no progress by repeatedly cancelling the jobs. I don't know a good way around this, but I consider it only a minor problem.

The documentation is pretty disorganized so it's not surprising you didn't see it. It's basically just a chaotic brain dump.
Urist: NO stop digging into my walls Stop that.

Orkin: aw Okay... can we start diggin now?
Urist: No...

yeah then again they are kinda harassing the player into managing their dig attempts which might keep his eyes off the rogues sneaking in from behind.
which takes that problem and turn it into invasive Invaders that toss a monkey wrench with your order kinda like if they start messing with stockpiles and or trick dwarves to join a barrow that's outside, or install a second mechanism and lever onto your doors so that they can open from the outside. which leads to the question is this the level of hard you want in the game?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2014, 07:58:48 am »

I wonder if I can make thieves that give a random dwarf the MISCHIEVOUS tag for a bit. Maybe the dwarf will pull the lever by himself. ;)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2014, 12:33:54 pm »

Psychic invaders that mindcontrol dwarves into pulling the lever to open the fort are beyond the scope of this project. :P

I COULD deal with the problem by simulating jobs and making invaders just walk toward things that need to be deconstructed/dug out and hang around until a timer ticks down then the plugin digs it for them, but then it would make the code more awkward and brittle than it already is for only a minor benefit. I'll consider it but I probably won't bother.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:35:33 pm by expwnent »

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2017, 04:20:13 pm »

Hi everyone, just to know :
Does this plugins still exist anywhere ? the first link is broken and no post since 2014 ... (why ? it seems to be a major improvement to the game ... is it just me that find that it's way too easy to make an autonomous fort ? )
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]