Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This Work Order should be simple, and yet...  (Read 3151 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: This Work Order should be simple, and yet...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 10:09:34 pm »

Fascinating.  I knew that bins were bugged for ammunition, but thought they were ok for everything else.  I actually just had a Clothier mood, and he was able to retrieve the cloth from a bin.  I have not yet started on Dyes or linked stockpiles, so no issue there (yet).  I think the problem might be that I have my order set to repeat and check daily.  My textile dwarves are spinning the cloth faster than it can be collected, which may result in the cancellation spam.  Your post is a great info dump though, definitely tagging that for future reference :)

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2017, 02:47:43 am »

With the job manager orders, I set them to more than 1 item and give a reagent buffer, like "weave 10 silk" when "20 silk thread available". This parks the dwarf at the workshop for 10 jobs, and the buffer reduces the chance of conflict with a hauling job.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2017, 12:41:46 pm »

With the job manager orders, I set them to more than 1 item and give a reagent buffer, like "weave 10 silk" when "20 silk thread available". This parks the dwarf at the workshop for 10 jobs, and the buffer reduces the chance of conflict with a hauling job.
For anyone still reading, this was the magic setting that brought my Announcements window under control.  I used 'Job 10, Reagent 16', check monthly'.  The work order often completes several times, and only generates a single cancellation message once per month.
Pages: 1 [2]