Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 46522 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:20 pm »

"Christian, taking the lead."

Head out into the cave, keeping a close eye on my surroundings.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 11:02:41 pm »

"I won't deploy the gauss unless something requiring it shows up. Now hold position for a moment. We can explore more later, but I don't want to make the same mistake we did last time. We're on a cave, so we're not going to smash into anything, that means we can hunker down and be sure we can get the gate activated from this side." Kaito spoke calmly and clearly. "I want to be sure we have an exit before we go into a possibly dangerous area."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2017, 06:19:19 pm »

Danh starts to walk with Christian, but stops, and actually listens to Kaito.
That'll probably be the easier option.
Stopping, Danh heads back, and waits with the rest of the team, for Kaito's plan.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 07:07:14 pm »

Christian considers Kato's plan, but decides he would feel a lot better about hunkering down if he had a better idea of what was beyond the door. ((I'm still going forward, but not far. A very short scouting trip basically.))

Head into the cave, but not very far. If I reach a open area stop and do not enter it.

((Edit: I want to move slowly and carefully, scanning as I go. I certainly don't want actual contact with possible hostiles. This is just an effort to see how far out the skitters are, and an effort to set up an outer perimeter.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:21:32 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 01:40:15 pm »

Carefully, with weapon raised, Christian proceed a bit further into the cave. Scanning with his sensors for things.. Rolled 22: It wasn't very effective..]

[Creature rolled 42: A moderate success.]
Then there was a heavy thunk as something landed on his faceplate, it's many legs kicking for purchase on the slippery glass orb, knocking the Mag rifle off of Christian's hands as he comes face-to-teeth with what can only be described as a large, dog-sized spider-like creature. It is not hairy, at least. And it's legs and teeth, while making clinking sounds as it attempts to bite the man's face off, does not to be doing much to the armored faceplate.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 01:42:30 pm »

Danh, still closeish to the path peers down, looking for Christian.
"HEY!" He yells. "What's going on down there?"

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »

"I got a f$#*#@& spider on my face plate!"

Christian attempts to crush the thing between his helmet and the wall.

((You don't need to yell, we have radios...))

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2017, 01:54:45 pm »

((Danh forgets. First thing he thinks of to talk to someone far away is through loud talking))

Grunting, Danh hurries down the hall, looking for Chris and the spider.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:42 pm »

Christian essentially headbutts the nearby wall, knocking the alien off of his helmet with a loud 'squeak!'

There wasn't any crushing sound, however. So you probably didn't hurt it that bad, it is a pretty big spider, and heavy too! You would've fallen on your ass had you not been in future spacesuit with integrated skeletal frame.

Danh didn't even need to take 2 step from the opening to see Chris literally within touching distance if he hold his rifle in one hand by the stock to poke the muzzle at him headbutting a wall to throw a spider the size of a german shepard onto the floor.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2017, 02:05:06 pm »

Face twisting into a disgusted scowl, Danh steps to the side to distance himself a little more from Christian, raises his PDW, and attempts to blast the foul critter to swiss cheese.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 02:05:47 pm »

Kaito moved to support as well, raising his PDW and firing a burst into the spider. "Don't just stand there staring at it, and be glad it didn't make it through your suit Christian."
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 02:08:33 pm »

"Christian, team. Encountered a spider thing, it's about the size of a big dog. It didn't show on scanners, keep an eye out."

Well, you know what they say, always kick a bug when it's down. I would also like to make a grab for my PDW if time allows...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 02:12:46 pm »

Turns out, Christian didn't need to.

Both Kaito and Danh moved up with their PDW raised and executed the big bug alien with a good, one second burst from their PDWs, tearing the alien into shredded pieces as the MAG bullets rip an tore through it and embed into the stone flooring. [Both rolled 75!: Good successes on both of you!]

The death of the bug was swift and messy. It blood appears to be light, healthy oxygenated blue.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:38 pm »

"Well, that's that. Thank you to both of you. Does one of you want to drag the carcass back for examination? I'm going to go forward another 10 meters or so and hold."

Scan again, then go forward a little bit and set up for defense. (new action in a later post)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:22:03 pm by milo christiansen »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »

Vigil attacks with sword to leg
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 103