Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 103

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Combined Missions]  (Read 47016 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Aranya's Missions]
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2017, 02:56:28 pm »

"Well, do it quickly. If we get that gate open first I, for one, want something with better anti-swarm ability. I nice MAG MG or something like that."
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2017, 02:59:39 pm »

"Yes, let's pull back and fortify the gate room, once the gate is open we can acquire better anti swarm weaponry, in case the swarm becomes hostile. It will also give us a chance to investigate this dead one, see if any useful information can be gained." Kaito nods softly, moving to retrieve the bug again and haul it back.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2017, 03:00:49 pm »

Danh worriedly hurries back to the gate room as well.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2017, 03:33:49 pm »

You are still in the Gate room, directly outside of it is where the hive is, between you and where an Exit might be located.

Everyone retreats back into the room, nothing appears to be following you yet.

Vigil does not see any obvious weakpoint that his demolition charge would be sufficient.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2017, 03:34:33 pm »

But what about my map? Oh. Missed that hold on.

Vigil will stay behind, uploading his completed map to the others, to take back with them, as he scans and compiles more data on the bugs. Studying them, and their behaviors. Making guesses on their social patterns and comparing them to humans, and even animals that we know of on earth.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:39:47 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2017, 03:39:48 pm »

"Well sir" Christian turns to the archaeologist "I think you need to get started on that gate. With luck we will have time to return before anything tries to swarm us."
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »

"We're not retreating Christian, we're just securing our escape and resupply in case it's needed. We don't need to open the path back yet, we just need to be sure we /can/ and quickly. Also, we need someone to get to work on this." He'd nudge the dead beetle with his foot. "Examine it, figure out anything pertinent you can. If there's anything useful to them would be a good start. And if they're carnivorous."
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:17:30 pm by JaxtalMK2 »
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2017, 05:07:37 pm »

"We will see. I want a line of retreat ready and waiting if we do decide to stay."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2017, 05:32:24 pm »

Wolfram shakes his head. "Our guns seem effective on them if the corpse you brought over to here is any indication. So I would suggest continuing the operation under the assumption that we are capable of handling the situation for now." Wolfram walks over to the corpse and begins examining it.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2017, 10:08:57 pm »

"Yeah, well, how many are there? We don't even know how big these damn caves are. There could be mountains more of them then we have ammunition!"

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »

"That's why we're setting up the gate room as a defensive point." Kaito said calmly. "Still, you're right, considering this is an entire hive that may need extermination, one of us should go back to either gather some ammunition to be sure we won't run dry... or a laser if any of you know how to use one properly."

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2017, 12:10:10 am »

"Pssh." Danh begins. "Lasers are for pussies that can't handle recoil and noses arent strong enough for the smell of smoke and gunpowder." He comments, patting his PDW.
"I say we get bigger guns, or biggest bombs."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2017, 12:57:55 am »

"Well, if we are sending someone back for supplies, it should be whoever is worst at combat. I vote for a laser, and a flamethrower or two. Also, more MAG ammo. Lots more ammo."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2017, 03:06:02 am »

"I vote we hold the line until we have to retreat."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

JaxtalMK2

• Bay Watcher
  • The gamer is in
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2017, 04:13:12 pm »

Kaito rubbed his temples. "And you're both overreacting massively. They're bugs. They couldn't even break Christian's helmet. The only reason I suggested the laser was because there are ammo concerns about clearing the hive just with what we have with us. We don't need bombs, we don't need massive weapons or flamethrowers in a high oxygen environment. We just need to be sure we have enough ammo to clear out the pests."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 103