Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: You are Beast of Bay  (Read 4892 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are Beast of Bay
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 01:36:47 pm »

we need these hunters alive, either for interrogation, sacrifice, or future minions.
We can test our fireball on one if they look particularly threatening, but otherwise let's stick to the nonlethal plan: force them to the ground with telekinesis, and then have our cultists tie them up.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 01:42:38 pm »

This is a powerful fireball, probably, you should use it to maximum effect.  Also you used up your mana making it so now we can not hold them down.

Turns are a different time unit by which we voices observe time, don't think about it too much.

These guys ARE going to kill you if they get the chance.  Keeping a few alive for questioning is a good idea, but you need to stop all of them and I doubt 5 cultists can hold down 10 warriors.

As soon as the door opens hit them with the fireball, have your cultists stay to the sides then move in from behind as they charge in.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 06:39:11 pm »

Chuck the fireball through the door as soon as they open it and then use telekinesis to slam the door shut.
I'm sure some in the back would survive the blast, and our meager forces could take them alive.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2017, 11:32:54 pm »

Have the cultists hide on either side of the door for an ambush. When they break through the door, chuck our crystallized fireball at them, and then join the melee. Communicate the plan to our cultists, so they don't jump in and get hit by the fire ball.

In the meantime, eat the steak and infuse another one of the cultists. Cut him off if he starts to do the praise thing.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 02:27:16 am »

We should infuse the lead cultist who we know has some useful magic.  Maybe 10 points?

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 10:25:43 am »

An ambush seems like a good plan. We're certainly outnumbered, so we should... Hm. You just thought of yourself as we. Anyway, given that this is a double door, we could probably do a two pronged attack, sort of.

"We need to ready an ambush. Be ready behind the doors when they, so we can attack from behind."

They agree to your plan. You infuse a bit of power to the leader.

Leader Mana: 15/10
Cultists: 14/5, 1/5, 1/5, 1/5, 1/5

Apparently the rest are tapped out, but so are you. Ah, serms overcharged mana leaks out. Good to know. You raise the crystal.

"I'll use this when the doors open. Help me close them again when it goes through, and back away from the entrance. Afterwards, be ready to charge. For now, we wait."

Now for food. You scarf down the unicorn steak as fast as you can. It tastes surprisingly good despite the burning, and the inside isn't raw either. Already, you feel power surging back into your body.

Mana: 20/100

*BANG* The doors are definitely going to smash open soon.

Mana: 30/100

*BANG* One more. Mana: 40/100

*BANG* A group of black robed figures carrying crossbows, swords, and other nasty tools is revealed on the other side of the doors. "Kill the heretics!", one of them yells. You have a fastball pitch prepared, and the orb sails out of your hand at high speed. You don't remember being this fit.

"Now!" As the orb nears the ground, you fire a burst of telekinesis to close the doors, aided by the two powered up cultists. Everyone backs away from the door.

An ear(th) shattering *KABOOM* occurs on the other side of the doors. A huge sonic wave rips the doors out of their sockets and sends them flying towards you. How irritating. You catch them with your telekenesis and hold them in front of you and the cultists. The titanic fireball surges into the room, and you pour every last ounce of your power into the doors the reinforce their durability. As the surge of fire continues, more and more parts of the once elegant wooden doors are burnt and torn apart. When the flames subside, you drop the doors out of exhaustion. The only part of the room and tunnel not charred black is the unicorn corpse hunched against the wall. Phew. That was close. Suddenly, another set of footsteps emerges from down the hall, along with the distict sound of metal armor.

Standing before you is a knight in a blacked set of armor. As they enter the room, the knight tears the melted parts off and removes his mangled helmet. This reveals a set of spiky brown hair and golden eyes. You feel a sort of pressure from his existence in the room alone. His remaining armor seems is of a european style.

"I thought it folly to send a Knight of the Round to this damnable place, but perhaps this was not a waste of my talent. So, the Beast has been summoned after all. Though I am only a decendent of the legendary Sir Kay, my sword is more than enough for such an incomplete abomination. Have at you!"

With that, the knight reveals a burning longsword that you can tell is quite sharp, and charges forward at speed far beyond that of an ordinary human. Such confidence! Fortunately, his monologue gave you time to recharge a bit.

Mana: 20/100, 5/5, 5/5, 2/5, 2/5, 2/5

What should we do, do you think?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 10:27:28 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 12:26:29 pm »

Take a step back while the cultists mob him. Use telekinesis to hold his sword until he is suitably restrained

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 01:34:45 pm »

lets use his speed against him. Use telekinesis to lift him just slightly off the ground, enough that he loses his footing. Then let him plow into the wall behind us using his momentum. It might kill him if he forgot his helmet or crashes headfirst, but it'll be Hilariously stupid either way. Oh, and he ready to jump out of his way.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 01:59:02 pm »

I bet we can't cast magic directly on him.
Raise the stone up beneath him and clamp it around his foot so he slams facefirst into the ground, hopefully dropping the sword.
Make rope out of the unicorn corpse's hair
(the magic is gone from the hair, right?) and tie him up.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 03:01:55 pm »

I bet we can't cast magic directly on him.
Raise the stone up beneath him and clamp it around his foot so he slams facefirst into the ground, hopefully dropping the sword.
Make rope out of the unicorn corpse's hair
(the magic is gone from the hair, right?) and tie him up.
+1 to this if nobody else agrees to my plan.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 03:06:41 pm »

How the heck did he survive anyways? His armor was blackened, he should have been cooked alive inside that thing! There's definitely something going on with him here...

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

I think he has magic armor.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 06:54:14 pm »

Grab the unicorn head with telekinesis, smash him with the doors then drive the horn into an unprotected area.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 01:13:33 pm »

poke the thread with a cattle prod.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 08:06:59 am »

As he charges at us, time seems to slow down in my mind as we survey a number of strategies. There doesn't seem to be much consensus, but magic armor certainly seems likely. Here goes. Use his speed against him.

"Earthen Hold!" A sphere of rock moves to close around his leg. He's able to avoid it by taking leaping into the air, but that's according to plan.

"Hah!" I don't even need to look at the unicorn horn to move it, as it has such power flowing off of it. The improvised bolt sails towards him at high speed. Even with his body in the air, he is able to twist and make the horn strike his left shoulder instead of his heart. His grip loosens, and that marks the next stage.

You pull with your telekinesis as hard as you can, but the sword won't come free. His right gauntlet is locked into place. Damn, plan b. DOOR SMASH TIME!

"HYAH!" His flaming blade crashes into the already fragile doors like a meteor. Shrapnel flies about the room, but most of it is scattered in a nondamaging way. Tch. The unicorn is too far to just shear the hair off like that. I see my followers move to block his path, but it isn't fast enough.

Then, I see the old man's palm raised. The powered up cultust has his other hand. "Maledicti Fulmines!" A small black bolt of lightning discharges into the knight, who staggers even in mid air. I see the magic seep into his body and he begins to seize. Now's my chance. The athame leaves its sheath unbidden, and I make a single thrust. As I do, the blades of my followers join the attack. Though they strike only minor wounds, my blade sinks deep into his chest.

I feel the mana from his body begin to fill my own, and he begins to writhe. The flames of his sword go out, and his armor begins to fall apart. At this rate, he'll die soon. Should we finish this? Perhaps we should allow him some last words if nothing else. He seems to know what you are, so an outside source of information may be of use. Then again, not killing the hero when he's at your mercy is pretty far up there on the Evil Overlist list when it comes to NOT to do. But, are we really the bad guys? Things certainly escalated quickly.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:16:33 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6