Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Vordak`s Graphic Tileset - Reconstruction  (Read 152234 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.8.0
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2018, 08:37:23 pm »

I noticed you made some changes recently to the "graphics_Vordak_dwarves.txt" file for the nobility genders. I don't believe it's possible to display different graphics for different genders. I don't think there such a thing as a "baroness" or a "baroness_consort". I believe both male and female dwarves will use the same "baron" and "baron_consort" sprites. And I don't think there is such a thing as "queen" or "king" tags; I think both genders use "monarch" and the spouse of the monarch will use "monarch_consort" no matter if it's male or female.

Also, Meph recently found and corrected a potential issue with the declarations for all the champions. They had two adjacent colons like this – "!!CHAMPION::VORDAK_D:0:49:AS_IS:DEFAULT]".  I guess it doesn't really matter much, though, since they're all commented out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2018, 05:09:35 am »

Jecowa, I can correct you on the male/female noble bit: It is possible to do that through modding the position slightly, using ALLOWED_CREATURE:DWARF:MALE for king and ALLOWED_CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE for queen. You need to make MONARCH_MALE and MONARCH_FEMALE, two noble positions. It would lead to two monarchs running around, both with their consorts, but hey, that way you can force caste-specific graphics. I did that for the warlocks in 34.11. ;)

In theory we could even make "Chief Medical Dwarf (Male)" and "Chief Medical Dwarf (Female)", and so forth for all nobles. But having twice as many nobles, twice as many mandates, demands, brokers, etc. would certainly change game balance a lot, just to cram a few extra sprites in there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2018, 06:33:16 am »

i see how that goes into a whoel TWBT-discussion, but wouldn't it be possible to rewrite parts of TWBT to also look for a creatures sex when deciding which of the sprites should be used?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2018, 06:35:26 am »

TWBT currently doesn't do creature overrides at all. I pitch the idea to Mifki every few months though. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2018, 09:58:34 am »

When I can slyamzit's fixed tree raws?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2018, 10:21:54 am »

When I can slyamzit's fixed tree raws?
Wrong thread, also the tree raws are fine.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2018, 11:04:55 am »

I noticed you made some changes recently to the "graphics_Vordak_dwarves.txt" file for the nobility genders. I don't believe it's possible to display different graphics for different genders. I don't think there such a thing as a "baroness" or a "baroness_consort". I believe both male and female dwarves will use the same "baron" and "baron_consort" sprites. And I don't think there is such a thing as "queen" or "king" tags; I think both genders use "monarch" and the spouse of the monarch will use "monarch_consort" no matter if it's male or female.
Thanks for your feedback. I already know that working tokens only in entity_default.txt.
This non-existent position tokens occurred when Long time ago I began to draw dwarf tiles based on information from Dwarfipedia(wrong information) and tried to draw tiles even with non-existent in the current version of the game profession/position tokens - reserve for future.
By the way, token CRIMINAL does not work - actually used tile DEFAULT in gray color.

Also, Meph recently found and corrected a potential issue with the declarations for all the champions. They had two adjacent colons like this – "!!CHAMPION::VORDAK_D:0:49:AS_IS:DEFAULT]".  I guess it doesn't really matter much, though, since they're all commented out.
For this special thanks.

P.s. CASTE difference interests me only as an opportunity to draw a separate graphics for each caste, like dwarf castes in Dragon age game - not for genders.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:10:46 am by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2018, 11:36:23 am »

The vanilla DF only has two castes: Male/Female. Some mods have special castes, like guilds or different types, but I don't think that's relevant here.

Vordak: I don't know how much you have seen so far, but it's possible now to assign unique sprites for each material. For example a silk shirt could look different from a leather shirt. Or the mighty adamantine long sword could look fancier than an iron long sword. Or a wooden wall looks like a palisade, not like a brown-colored brick wall. ^^ It allows literally thousands of new sprites; we just have to figure out what makes sense.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.8.1
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2018, 04:44:48 pm »

RELEASE 0.8.1

- added new graphic for creatures from Fortress Defense mod

Spoiler: Fortress Defense-x2 (click to show/hide)

Download link - v0.8.1

Spoiler: How to install: (click to show/hide)

Compatibility for Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities -v2.8

Normal work is guaranteed only with the above versions of packs and tilesets.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 04:59:57 pm by Vordak »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2018, 05:08:42 pm »

wowzers! keep up the awesome work!
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Nefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2018, 10:47:57 pm »

The Ferric Elves look threatening. A dangerous-looking elf. Yep, That's when you know your stuff is of superb quality ^^

If you can make an elf look cool, i can't wait to see the evil dwarves in action

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2018, 02:27:09 am »

They are fantastic. :) I linked to this in the fortress defense thread to let Darkflagrance know.

321 new 32x sprites, that's a huge step.

And are the snake men wearing a fez? :D

Edit: Wow, it leads to instant crashes due to some bugs in the graphics.txt. You had this part:
Code: [Select]
[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:VORDAK_FORTRESS_DEFENCE]
[FILE:Vordak/fortress_defence.png]
[TILE_DIM:32:32]
[PAGE_DIM:13:26]
declared before every single creature entry. You only need it once on the top of the file.

Here the fixed version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 07:56:21 am by Meph »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vordak`s 32x Dwarf Tileset v0.8.2
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2018, 11:28:26 am »

RELEASE 0.8.2

- fixed problem with graphics_Vordak_fortress_defence.txt
- added missing spear to master white tiger-man from FD

Spoiler: Fortress Defense-x2 (click to show/hide)

Download link - v0.8.2

Spoiler: How to install: (click to show/hide)

Compatibility for Meph Tileset Launcher + Utilities -v2.9

Normal work is guaranteed only with the above versions of packs and tilesets.

P.S. I noticed that everywhere I wrote in the word "defenSe" letter C - It seems it will remain forever.

P.S.2.
And are the snake men wearing a fez? :D
This is the crest.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:37:50 am by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »

Defence and defense are different spellings of the same word; yet belong to different forms of the English language. Defense is used in American English, and defence is used in British English
No worries, native English-speakers have that problem too.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2018, 01:23:55 pm »

I'm curious why you got rid of the transparency for vermin in the Meph_32x32-top.png in version 0.8.2.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11