Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 4  (Read 4877 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 4
« on: August 06, 2017, 05:47:33 pm »

THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD(Where You Fight in a Tournament Arc)

“Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!”, a conventionally attractive 20-something old man shouts out, microphone in hand as his blonde hair waves in the wind, probably because of the height he’s at, “My name is Hans Silverback, reporter for GA News!”

The camera moves from him to the area below, a wild place full of forests and mountains.
“As you can see, we’re reporting live on the preliminary round of the Grand Arc Tournament, named after the company which sponsors it! For newer viewers, we’ll give you a quick rundown of the tournament and how it works while we wait for this round to start.”

“The Grand Arc Tournament, named after Grand Arc Industries, one of the premier tech distributors in the world, is a tournament to which fighters of all kinds, with both mundane and mystical abilities,  flock to from across the world, be they just a student or a 70-year old man who has spent his entire life honing his skills! It’s a contest of power, wits and skill to reach the top for the chance to have one wish granted by Grand Arc Industries, so long as it’s within their power!”

“Now, ladies and gentlemen, we are required to inform you that while Grand Arc Industries does have a crack team of medical professionals on standby to minimise injuries and casualties, anything that occurs during the tournament is not the company’s fault and they can’t be held liable for permanent injuries or fatalities!”

“And on that extremely morbid note, I give you the weather. Feel free to check out the interviews we conducted with various fighters at www.grandarcnews.com.”

Spoiler: Tell us about yourself (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The System (click to show/hide)

Player cap might be raised, depending on interest.

oh and i guess empiricist helped me a bit here kinda sorta

Player List
Vayerin Rinfield(Coolrune206)
John Doe(Crazyabe)
Unit ODOR(Enemy post)
The Amalgamator(OceanSoul)
The Overman(Failbird105)
Jerrod Plissken(IronTomato)
Matthias Nix(NRDL)
Frank Parker(FallacyofUrist)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:27:33 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (0/8)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 06:11:06 pm »

Name: Vayerin Rinfeld
Power: The immediate understanding of anything he touches with his palm, whether it be machine, magical artifact, or trap.
Motivation: Seeking entertainment
Personality: Listless, uninterested; often attempts sarcastic humor, with varying degrees of success.
Physical Description: 6'1", with quite a slim figure. Brown, tousled hair that speaks of a lack of combing. Lazy brown eyes, often focused off into a world of their own. Seems to be around high school age.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:11:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 06:17:55 pm »

So, what do you call yourself? Unit designation:Ordinance Deployment and Offensive Recon drone, by National Automated Protection. Many customers refer to this class as ODOR.

Yes, fascinating. What, in your opinion, makes your stand out from the other competitors? Sales pitch:This unit stands at 8 feet tall and is equipped with laser projecting optics, steel armor, and claws suitable for close combat.

What’s your reason for participating in this tournament? Do you think Grand Arc Industries will be able to give you whatever it is you want? Mission statement:I represent NAP's new wave of drones intended for home defense and military action overseas. It is our hope that my performance here will serve to demonstrate our high-quality production standards.

Tell the public a little more about yourself. Trivia:This model will retail for $101,500 USD at the conclusion of the tournament.

Included: a picture of ODOR.

*Changed font.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:35:16 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 08:46:47 pm »

This one game that will have more turnabouts than Phoenix Wright's entire career.

Spoiler: True Identity Unknown (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »

(I've slightly altered the text of the sections and the order of the third and forth sections to fit with the character, I hope that's okay)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:37:48 am by Failbird105 »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: OW THE EDGE
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 11:31:48 pm »

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:43:19 am by IronTomato »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 11:52:41 pm »

Spoiler: Matthias Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:07:39 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 05:46:05 am »

Define 'dark magic'.
This one game that will have more turnabouts than Phoenix Wright's entire career.

So. You're setting yourself up as a minion master, yeah?

Also, how does the Amalgamator get more souls? Is he supposed to just... rip them straight out of the body, or something (that would be frowned upon btw)? Do they come to him if someone nearby dies?
*bleeds*

The other sheets look alright. Just need one more participant.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 07:43:04 am »

switched to a better image, which also shows some more examples of the characters mass shifting.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 08:00:53 am »

Also, how does the Amalgamator get more souls? Is he supposed to just... rip them straight out of the body, or something (that would be frowned upon btw)? Do they come to him if someone nearby dies?
I wasn't really going for a "minion master" approach. I mainly saw him imbuing souls as a disruptive tactic (such as putting a soul in someone's weapon, essentially disarming them) or to create distractions (such as letting a bull loose in the arena). I could add in a limited control over recent...creations of his, though I would make the weapon-disruption tactic a little more close range to compensate. As for obtaining souls, he can do it at some amount of range if the target bears little resistance (such as low willpower and/or high opposition to Amal), was a creation of his, or is practically already dead. Melee range/contact with the individual make it easier to do, though he will only do it directly to his opponent as more of a last resort.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:03:41 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 08:19:51 am »

I wasn't really going for a "minion master" approach. I mainly saw him imbuing souls as a disruptive tactic (such as putting a soul in someone's weapon, essentially disarming them) or to create distractions (such as letting a bull loose in the arena). I could add in a limited control over recent...creations of his, though I would make the weapon-disruption tactic a little more close range to compensate. As for obtaining souls, he can do it at some amount of range if the target bears little resistance (such as low willpower and/or high opposition to Amal), was a creation of his, or is practically already dead. Melee range/contact with the individual make it easier to do, though he will only do it directly to his opponent as more of a last resort.
Ah, fair enough. The sheet's fine, then.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 09:02:50 am »

Spoiler: Frank Parker (click to show/hide)
((Let's find out how an ordinary dude who really shouldn't be here(replaced the actual Frank Parker accidentally) fares against all these deadly contestants.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 09:09:14 am »

Yes, fascinating. What, in your opinion, makes your stand out from the other competitors? "My Stand? I don't have a Stand. What are you talking about? I'm not special at all. How did I get here!"
you saw nothing

Welcome aboard, regardless. This'll be... uh. It'll be an experience for Mr. Parker, certainly.

inb4 he manages to win through sheer dumb luck

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 12:28:25 pm »

knowing general tropes, he's either going to win, or get killed by the character who will become this games antagonist. I'm putting my bet on the Overman
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5