Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 4  (Read 4861 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (0/8)
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 01:09:59 pm »

Who is the real/powerful Frank Parker, anyway?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 01:17:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Define 'dark magic'.
Magic which covers Movement through and of shadows, and how "solid" the effects of shadows are. I could Cut someone by running a dagger over their shadow, or throw chunks of ambient shadow at them like rocks, or I could Jump into the shadow of one wall to come flying out another.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 01:22:02 pm »

Know that you delay the next turn of Looter's Delight.
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 02:25:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Define 'dark magic'.
Magic which covers Movement through and of shadows, and how "solid" the effects of shadows are. I could Cut someone by running a dagger over their shadow, or throw chunks of ambient shadow at them like rocks, or I could Jump into the shadow of one wall to come flying out another.
That's... actually that's fine. I was expecting something different when you said dark magic.

Know that you delay the next turn of Looter's Delight.
~~~
surprise you're using this sheet now

Well, since I have eight sheets now, I guess the game's gonna start soon.

If someone else wants to submit a character, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 0
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 10:30:19 am »

What, no takers? Well, I guess it's time for...

THE TOURNAMENT ARC: TURN 0: THE APPEARENING

“-and now, I’m giving the spotlight back to you, Hans,”, an elderly weatherman says on-screen.

Hans bows. “Thank you, thank you. Well, as you can see, the contestants are in their places,”, he gestures as the camera cuts from person to person, showcasing the 72 people participating, in the area down below, “and the preliminary round is just… about… to… START! Let’s hope the numbers are brought down to 16 quicker than last year, eh?”

Hans winks at the camera just before it spins around, showing off the the signal that indicates the start of the Grand Arc Tournament as it flashes in the air, bright and clear and easy for everyone in the area to see, a green burst of light.

Vayerin Rinfield
The first thing you notice, really, is how dark your surroundings are. No surprise, with the sheer amount of plants around you, but it might make navigation… problematic. Or anticipating ambushes, for that matter.

[?]You also hear the sound of water, somewhere in the distance, though you can’t quite tell how far away it is.

[5]The last thing you notice is a sword, lying not too far away from you. A rapier, to be more precise, and one constantly shifting in colour, from brown to a gleaming silver, before settling on a gold-ish colour.

What do?

Unit ODOR
Scanning your surroundings doesn’t reveal much, except for the fact that you’re in a big, wide open field, full of grass, dirt and not much else. You see mountains in the distance, and a forest. Wedged between those two is what looks like a small river, but at this distance you can’t really be sure.

[?]There doesn’t seem to be anyone else nearby, however. Good or bad, that’s up to you to decide, but there you go.

[2]Not even lucky enough to get a weapon. Alas.

>Input command.

The Amalgamator
You find yourself in a… well, forest is such a strong word. It only counts in the sense that yes, there are some, but looking a bit further reveals some of them are completely dead, and it’s not like there’s many live ones either.

[?]You see absolutely nobody around you. How… strange. You were sure that a large amount of people entered, and surely the arena isn’t that big, is it?

[3]You see a crossbow nearby. You can’t tell if there’s any bolts, but it doesn’t look like there is.

Where to?

The Overman
Hills. Hills as far as the eye can see. So many hills that you can’t even see if there’s anything else nearby, especially with how thick and tall the grass they’re covered in is. Not much else, really.

[?]A flash of red, somewhere to your left, catches your attention. What was that…? You could’ve sworn you’d smelled meat, if just for a second, too.

[2]Alas, that’s all there is to catch your attention.

What d-KILL?

Jerrod Plissken
You were left at the foot of a mountain, and surrounded by even more mountains, though you can see grassy plains to the east and west, and some water to your north. The one good thing about this, perhaps, is that the mountains were spaced out, enough that it was pretty obvious they were manmade, and, more importantly, really easy to walk around.

[?]You see a guy (at least, you assume it’s a guy), walking around in big, bulky armour and two giant shields in his hands. Whoever he was, he was VERY big, probably above two meters, and more importantly doesn’t seem to have noticed you yet. Possibly due to that helmet of his.

[2]No bonuses for you. What a shame.

Whatcha gonna do?

Matthias Nix
Forests and hills. That’s what surrounds you, right now. A huge expanse of forests, and hills, and plants and greenery. How pretty. How nice. How incredibly inconvenient to navigate, even with your own particular set of skills.

[?]Running a quick simulation or ten, you figure there isn’t anyone else nearby. Which is fine. Gives you time to plan.

[5]A glint of metal catches your eye, and you see a… well. It looks like a giant spike, with all sorts of mechanisms attached at the base and a handle. What an odd weapon.

Predict the most optimal course.

Frank Parker
You’re on a beach, by a lake. You don’t know how you got here, and you certainly don’t want to be here, but apparently, leaving was not an option Grand Arc Industries wanted to let you have. Those horrible bastards. secretly you approve

[?]You’re content to just watch the lake for now. How did your life come to this, anyway? You’re at least 70 years old, for God’s sake!

[3]A gun lies, not too far away, but looking at it reveals you only have 1 bullet at your disposal. Not that you’d ever use it, of course. Ever.

Contemplate what to do next.

John Doe
You emerge from the shadows to find yourself waist-deep in some very, very cold water. If you weren’t mostly immortal, you’d be worried, but you are, so you aren’t. Looking around reveals that the water goes even deeper, and the lake you’re in is surrounded by some mountains, hills, and a mountainous forest.

[?]You see a… woman? Yes, definitely a woman. Shelooks like she’s made of silver, floating above the water some distance away from you. She hasn’t noticed you yet. How unfortunate for her.

[1] Congratulations! You got a bomb, with the fuse already lit. It looks like it’ll explode any second, too, with how short the fuse is.

Do what?

(feel free to post actions and shit now)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:01:40 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 10:41:44 am »

Grab that rapier, and use my ability to understand exactly what it is; it seems a tad special, after all. Then, if no threats present themselves immediately, begin to slowly move towards the sound of water.
 Keep my head down, and avoid making too much noise.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 10:44:08 am »

Announcement:Initiating demonstration. Situational analysis:No targets detected. Initiating Search & Destroy protocol.

March off looking for a target.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 11:21:01 am »

The feelings, hunger, hatred, glee, they fill its mind as it takes in its surroundings. The light feels wrong on its eyes, it is not the light of the chambers it was born and held in, a false light... no... true light, it has lived within the false light so long.

Then the smell... its head moves immediately, turning towards the flash. The hunt begins.

shift limbs to be more efficient for a quadrupedal profile, stalk through the grass on all fours towards the light trying to track the smell

(The Overman is definitely going to try and eat anyone it kills. Just so you know.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:23:02 am by Failbird105 »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 11:28:19 am »

IMPORTANT PSA: I added a status section to the turn. So that's a thing.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 12:29:34 pm »

I really hope this is a weapon and not some sort of...toy.

Grab spike, inspect the mechanisms AS SAFELY AS POSSIBLE.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 01:25:44 pm »

Well, This seems like a good time to head away from here through the shadows.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 03:34:23 pm »

Another contestant already? I guess I can forget about trying to shoot through their armor...

Draw a knife, and attempt to attract the figure's attention with a "come at me" gesture.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:37:46 pm by IronTomato »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 04:53:49 pm »

"I... I never wanted this... I never wanted this..."

Take gun. It may be more mercy than weapon. Rest on the bench and gaze at the lake. It may be the last thing of beauty I ever see.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 01:28:59 pm »

OceanSoul get your ass here and post or i swear on me mum

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:45 am »

Take crossbow, hide in bushes, and see if I can perceive anyone nearby.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5