Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 4  (Read 4863 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 1
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 11:41:29 am »

"And it looks like the action's really about to kick off!", Hans shouts from his helicopter, lacking anything actually interesting to say.

Turn 1: The Fightening

And so the fight truly begins.

Vayerin Rinfield
You pick up the rapier, and attempt to understand it. [5] Fortunately, you succeed. But, the results are unclear. As far as you can tell, the rapier constantly shifts between materials it’s made from, instantly and for no reason beyond ‘magic’. It was brass when you picked it up, but now has changed into, as far as you can tell, diamond, and was briefly made from tin in-between.

[5] You successfully stealth your way through the forest, but before you leave, you catch a glimpse of movement. A guy, wearing spandex, and underwear over his tights of all things. He looks ripped, however, so mocking his fashion choices may not be the wisest of ideas. [3] Stepping backwards lands your foot on a twig, which snaps, and causes him to look around. He hasn’t seen you quite yet, but he probably will soon.

Unit ODOR
[5] Scanning… Scanning… Scanning… There. Your search for a fight bears fruit, as a short woman in plain clothes and wielding a sword bigger than she is, bigger than you are, comes into view, emerging from a particularly tall patch of grass, like a predatory animal from the darkness. That might have intimidated you, were you a human and not a robot twice her size. [4] She hasn’t noticed you yet, which leaves her open to attack from you, at range or, if you feel you could continue being stealthy for long enough, up close.

Advantage Get: Sneak Attack!(Personal)(Single-use)

The Amalgamator
You lift up the crossbow. It’s, uh. It’s a crossbow with no bolts, made out of wood. Nothing particularly special about it.

[1] You try to hide in a bush. Keyword being ‘try’. Turns out, there’s even less bushes than there is live trees here. All your search for a bush ends up doing is making a lot of noise, and alerting every living being nearby to the fact that, yes, you are very much here.

[6] [3+1] Your search for other people, however, goes very well, presumably because the… person, is heading right for you. You think it’s a person at least. Or was. Right now it’s looking like it’s partway through transforming into a giant, scaled lizard, towering above you by a good 2 feet, and he’s heading right for you. [5] However, he misses you completely, ramming into a large tree instead and knocking it over, fortunately far away from you. Not so fortunately, he’s turning around, probably to try again.

Oh dear.

The Overman
[6] You shift your limbs so efficiently, in fact, that you’re really not sure you can even be upright anymore. Like, at all. This sucks, you would no doubt think if you weren’t a bloodthirsty animal. Instead you get a weird urge to scratch your claws on a tree or something.

Advantage Get: Animal I’ve Become(Personal)(Multi-use)

[6] You smell meat, and you will stop at nothing to get it. Mmm. Meat.

Your search for meat goes so well, in fact, that you find two sources. A meat source in red, and a meat source in white, fighting each other. Or, they were, but you weren’t exactly subtle with your search for food, or even remotely stealthy, and you’re pretty clearly salivating at them now. As one, they stop fighting and look at you instead.

Jerrod Plissken
You take out a knife, feeling its grip, cold against your hands. Guns probably won’t work against that armor of his, especially not at this range, so you’ll have to do it the hard way instead.

[3] Well, you somewhat succeed at getting his attention. He just waves back at you, shield still in hand, however. Has he forgotten what you’re all here to do or something…? Well, you could just shoot him, or, since he seems like such a big friendly sort, you could try to strike up an alliance. Decisions, decisions…

Matthias Nix
You pick up the spike and [3] attempt to inspect the spike safely. You focus on safety in the end. All you really ascertain, in the end, is that it looks like the spike is supposed to pushed out with a huge amount of force, and probably an equally huge amount of recoil, too. That last part is uncertain, though, since there’s a few mechanisms that you can’t quite figure out…

[5 v 3] Your musings are interrupted by the sound of a snapping twig. You quickly hide in a tree’s branches, spike still in hand, only to see someone passing through where you just were. A tall male, wielding what’s probably the weirdest gun you’ve ever seen. That circle at the bottom of the grip looks so impractical that it bothers you, really. Still, he hasn’t seen you yet…

Advantage Get: Sneak Attack!(Personal)(Single-use)

Frank Parker
You lift up the gun, feeling the cold weight in your hands. A single bullet. It’s almost like those bastards are mocking you, daring you to just end it all without fighting instead. Dying alone, unseen even by the crowds watching this damn show.

You lift your gaze up towards the lake. Quite the pretty thing, really, with the light making it shine all kinds of different colours, somehow. You can just about see some fish swimming here and there, too.

Suddenly, you hear a voice from behind.
“Man, you really know how to make a guy feel bad, dont’cha?”

John Doe
[3] You try to escape, you really do, and you almost succeed but the shadows just don’t respond in time for you to make it all the way before the bomb goes off, incinerating most of your right hand.

You emerge some distance away from the shadow of a mountain. You can still see the lake and the floating woman, [4] but thankfully she doesn’t notice you, even if she IS looking around after that blast. Speaking of the blast, ow fuck. You’re missing your right hand, and even with the nerves cauterized, you can tell this is gonna bite you in the ass.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »

Sneak Attack to fry the woman with my laser eyes, and then use a turnabout to fire again.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 03:02:17 pm »

Immediately go prone into the closest piece of vegetation and then remain absolutely still. If people are not expecting to see a person crouching in a bush, then chances are they won't, even if they look directly at it.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 05:18:02 pm »

"Hm?" Turn around, look at whoever said that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:54 pm »

The Overman screeches ominously, it is not a sound that should come from any creature on this planet, let alone something so much like a man.

break off back into the deep grass, and observe from distance.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »

Toss a chunk of shadow at her, then move away to another point.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 08:24:36 pm »

Foresee the best angle from which to strike, then sneak attack with my spear thingie.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2017, 12:44:58 pm »

...Do you know what I just realized? I never said a single thing about putting a soul in something already living, like The Knockoff Lizard attacking me. Can we just say that "The Amalgamator" didn't want to bring it up during the interview, and that results vary? Anyway, if such is feasible, put a mouse soul in that lizard's body when he gets close, and be ready to dodge out of the way.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:47 am »

Cautiously approach the figure, being sure to keep my guard up

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »

Posting to watch
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 2
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2017, 07:42:47 am »

All eight contestants have submitted actions, so who's ready for...
Turn 2: Insert Title Here

Vayerin Rinfield
[3]Well, you try to go prone immediately, anyway, but the nearest bush was bit too far. He didn't quite see you, but now he knows roughly which direction you're in. And he hasn't stopped looking. That's bad.

[Spandex Dude: 1]Fortunately for you, he completely fails to find you, eventually dismissing you as a sign the tournament's already getting to him. You breathe a sigh of relief, which he also somehow doesn't hear. He turns back around, presumably to leave, but it also leaves him in the perfect position for a nice stab in the back...

[4]Your rapier has also, by some miracle, stayed as diamond.

Advantage Get: Backstab!(Personal)(Single-use)

Unit ODOR
[5+1]You shoot off a blast from your laser eyes to incinerate the woman. It burns right through her instead, causing two holes to be burned right through her torso. [Short Woman With Big Sword: 5-1]She doesn't seem dead quite yet, already spinning around even as her face twists from the pain, so you [4 vs 5-1] shoot again but she isn't anywhere near as surprised as she...

Did she just cut your lasers in half? That's. Well. You still got her with the opening shot, and it's clear she isn't long for this world. You could probably leave her here and she'd die on her own, to be honest.

The Amalgamator
[3]Well, you succeed at putting the soul in something, anyway. But he was moving a bit too fast, and trying to get away while putting the soul in something ended up with said soul inside of your crossbow, instead. Honestly, you're not too sure what to do with that...

[5] The giant lizard man is still coming at you, but, again, you dodge without taking even a slight amount of damage, and [4] run a knife along his side as he runs past you, causing a slight wound. Nothing too big, but definitely more than what he's done to you so far. [4]Unfortunately, he seems to take exception to that, and shows his displeasure by growing another foot in height.

The Overman
[1]Your attempt to get back into the tall grass is somewhat hampered by a lack of it and also the fact that, after that screech you gave, the duo seems VERY willing to put aside their differences in favor of killing you. [2 vs 4] The red meat source swings what looks like a short sword. But they're at a distance, why would they do something as useless as that? You lean to the left anyway, just in case-

...it occurs to you that it probably isn't 'useless'. You can't feel your right arm anymore, and looking around reveals that's because it was sliced right off, lying some distance away. Morbid, you would no doubt think if that was something you were capable of.

[5+1 vs 2] The one in white follows up, launching itself at you, but you're ready this time, and lash out with your remaining arm. It strikes, and knocks her back, but doesn't seem to do any harm otherwise. That just won't do. You throw yourself at it and bite down on its shoulder, feeling flesh and meat give way between your teeth this time. [1 vs 2] You try to tear the arm off completely, but that fails. The white one can't quite manage to shake you off either, however, so there's that.

Jerrod Plissken
You approach the figure, and he stops waving. "HELLO,", he says and oh god why is he so loud. Does he have no inside voice or something?

"I SEE YOU HAVE APPROACHED ME, YOUNG MAN. HAVE YOU BUSINESS WITH ME?"

Matthias Nix
[2 vs 3]You calculate the best angle of attack, or at least try to, but the man is so fidgety that it doesn't really seem to make a difference in your simulations. So you go for it.

[2+1 vs 6]You jump atop the man, or at least try to, but by the time you start dropping he's already moved out of the way, aiming his gun at you. [6 vs 1] And then he proceeds to miss completely, shooting a nearby tree instead and punching a rather large hole in it. Whatever that gun is, it's got a lot more force behind its shots than size would suggest. [3 vs 2] You respond with attempting to stab him with the spike, but he dodges again, almost. You manage to hit him in the wrist instead, and it's obviously pretty sore if the loud string of profanities he follows up with is anything to go by.

Frank Parker
You turn around to see a guy in a blue hoodie and black pants, smiling at you. No weapons to speak of, but then again, he could be hiding them... Not like it matters to you though.

"Like I said, you really know how to make a guy feel bad. I mean, I can't beat up 70-year old man, that's just a shitty thing to do, and you're not doing anything I can make you fuck up, either, so that option's out. Why are you even here?"

John Doe
[6]You toss a chunk of shadow at her, a really, really big one. When it clears, she clearly looks pretty broken up, but is also looking right at you. [Silver Glow Woman: 3] She surrounds herself with light, and after that clears too, you see a few of the wounds are gone. Not all of them, not even close, but she'd be capable of fighting now.

[2]That's quite enough of that, you think to yourself, and try to move away. Apparently, however, throwing a chunk of shadow as big as you did wasn't... the best of ideas. There's none left around you to teleport through and suddenly [Silver Glow Woman:5] she's right there in front of you, looking not mad, but disappointed with you. [3 vs 5-1] She throws a punch, and it hits but she's clearly more hurt than she's letting on, you barely even felt that. All it really does is let you get some distance.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:43:24 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2017, 08:50:33 am »

"I think that the blokes in charge mistook me for someone else who actually signed up. Me? I'm nothing."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2017, 09:25:33 am »

Alright then. Stabby stabby him with the diamond rapier. Let's say, in the neck.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2017, 10:04:23 am »

Warning:Termination in progress.

Stay out of reach and blast her until she stops moving.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 2
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2017, 05:10:55 pm »

Continue stabbing at this man, I CANNOT let him get another shot off.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5