Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 4  (Read 4879 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2017, 07:43:04 pm »

"Well, to be honest, I was kind of hoping for a fight... you know that's why we're here, right? Who are you, anyway?

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2017, 08:14:44 am »

FEED

continue eating arm. use turnabout to shape better teeth and claws for ripping. use turnabout to try and remove the preys head with remaining hand.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2017, 08:37:45 pm »

DROWN HER IN THE SHADOWS.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2017, 02:13:40 pm »

oceansoul pls
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: THE TOURNAMENT ARC: A Tournament Arc RTD (8/8) Turn 3
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2017, 06:45:16 am »

Since OceanSoul has vanished to god-knows-where...

Turn 3: Cloudy With a Chance of Dismemberment

Vayerin Rinfield
You attempt to stab the man right in the back of his neck. [6 +1] And you do a DAMN good job, despite facing a huge amount of resistance, you shove it all the way through, before pulling it back out and flourishing it fancily to flick the blood off. [Spandex Dude: 5] You notice, however, that he isn't quite dead yet. You give him, at best, a 'turn' or two to live, whatever those are. He tries to say something, but it doesn't work, since, y'know, you did quite the number on his throat and all.

[3 vs 3-1] He makes a grab at you, but all he really manages is to weakly grasp your sleeve, before he falls down, breathing raggedly. You hear the sound of a helicopter approaching. Probably the medical professionals. You COULD finish the guy off, but honestly he's not a threat anymore, and you might get disqualified for killing someone who can't do anything anymore.

[3] Your rapier, meanwhile, shifts into steel instead.

Unit ODOR
[3 vs 1-1]She fails to close the distance at all, even as you poke another charred hole in her torso with your eye-lasers. Man, this is super easy. You make to shoot again [1 vs 5-1] when you're interrupted by her throwing the sword straight through your armor and into your chest. Ow. It's not going to hinder your functions much but damage is damage, and this could be very bad if someone exploited it. Oh dear.

You see a helicopter approaching rapidly, as well.

The Amalgamator
[4 vs 2] Dazed as you are by everything that's happened so far, you still manage to avoid the giant lizard man yet again. He seems very angry by this point. [3] Angry enough, in fact, to grow a full length tail that swishes behind him menacingly as he glares. You make your opinion on his glare known by shooting at him with your gun. [1 vs 1] You miss, unfortunately. How tragic.

The Overman
[5 vs 1] You tear off the arm with your teeth. Unfortunately, this does dislod.ge you, and you hear the white one scream, probably in pain, or possibly in anger. Then it punches you with the remaining arm. [4 vs 5] Ow fuck, that hurt and you feel a little dizzy. It occurs to you then that you probably should have shaped your teeth for biting first, and promptly do so. [6] Again, it goes TOO well. Your jaw and teeth and mouth are all very big and strong and potentially capable of eating anything, at the cost of literally everything else.

Advantage Gained: CARNIVORE!(Multi-use)(Personal)

[6 -1 vs 1] You strike once more with your remaining arm, this time at the white one's head, but whatever happened the first time you hit it happens again, and your arm bounces off. Not one to be deterred, you press the assault and manage to poke one of its eyes out. Unfortunately, pressing the assault puts you right back into the red one's line of sight, with no white one to use as a meat shield.

[4 -1 vs 3] You manage to dodge the slash this time, but only just, and you still lose your precious right toe. Tragic.

Jerrod Plissken
"I AM THE WALL. AND IF 'TIS A FIGHT YOU ARE SEEKING, THEN THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT YOU WILL GET!"

[3 vs 2] Unfortunately, in the time it takes him to swing his shields at you, you've already dodged. Apparently shouting claims like that isn't conducive to hitting things with your giant fucking shields. Who knew? Of course, even if he failed, you still take exception to him trying to hit you.

[6 vs 4] Your attempt at hitting him goes considerably better, in the sense that you actually manage it, slipping a knife through a chink in the armor you noticed and causing a wound. Nothing hugely lethal, but he's bleeding and you're not. You dart back out of his reach before he can counter.

"HAH. THE BOY HAS SOME BITE!", he shouts, even as he also hisses from the pain from that wound.

Matthias Nix
[6 vs 5] You manage to stab him in the same hand you had already hit once. The arm hangs limply at his side now, effectively useless for the rest of the fight. His other one, however, isn't, and he brings up the gun in an attempt to shoot you. [2 vs 2] It fails, and another tree falls down instead.

"Fuck you, you piece of shit! The fuck'd I do to you, huh?!", he yells, and looks at you angrily.

Frank Parker
"Well, shit. Sucks to be you, huh. No wonder I couldn't affect you at all..." The man looks lost in thought for a moment, before looking back up at you. "Say. Want to team up for a bit? Whoever you'll meet next probably won't have the reservations I did about attacking you, and I'd rather have you as an ally than try to kill you."

John Doe
Well, you try to direct the shadows from much, much further away at her. [2 vs 5] They're much too far away to be of much help, though, and she closes the distance immediately, [1 vs 5] and spears you through the chest with a, wait where did she get a spear from oh god it hurts.

You are currently the proud owner of a hole in your chest that's bleeding. It's not gonna kill you for some time, but holy hell this is painful.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2017, 07:06:39 am »

Knock the gun out of his hand, then stab him in the leg.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2017, 07:40:00 am »

Whoops. Shoot him some more, aim for the head.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 08:01:27 am »

Vayerin crouches and clasps the dying man's hand. He mumbles a half-hearted apology.

"Umm... Sorry about stabbing your throat out. That was... Rude."

He didn't really mean it. He didn't feel much anything at all.

He continues moving towards the noise of water, if he can hear it over the helicopter.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:45 am »

PAIN, THREAT, CONSUME FLESH MAKE BETTER!

EAT THE RED MEATS SKULL

(also, I just realized that as far as my character is concerned, he is quite literally fighting "white meat" and "red meat", I mean, I knew that's what we were calling them, but I just connected those to the fact that white meat and red meat are actual types of meat.)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 10:38:03 am by Failbird105 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:54 am »

"Threat assessment:Target neutralized. Statement:Searching for new targets.

Find someone else to kill.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2017, 08:50:21 am »

"I... sure. Probably the best chance I have of getting out of this alive, even if it's still next to nothing."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »

Attempt to trip The Wall in order to immobilize him

everyone knows turtles can't move when on their backs

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 06:07:57 pm »

Grab her shadow, and strangle it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2017, 09:58:29 am »

Sorry for the wait, school has reared its ugly head once more. With that said...

Turn 4: The Really Anime Bit

Vayerin Rinfield

You apologize to Spandex Dude. He gurgles blood at you in a manner that could be described as 'unhappy'.

[3]Hearing the water is very hard. Impossible, really, with the helicopter sounds. It's a good thing you remember the direction you were heading in anyway, isn't it? Most excellent, really. You proceed to do so, and find a small river, tiny really, leading into a decently large lake. Following that a bit further reveals a beach with two people in the distance, and [4 vs 6] one of them sees you immediately, an old man. He doesn't do anything, though.

Unit ODOR
[2 vs 4] Well, your sensors don't manage to find much of anything. How tr- [6 vs 2] you hear the loud and distinctive sound of something impacting into the earth heavily even as you jump to the side in all your bulky glory, before hearing the sound again. Oh, wait, that was just you again. Looking to your side reveals a large tentacle, and following it to its source shows a figure you decide to dub Empty Green Hoodie, because, really, that's what it looks like. A green hoodie covering a vast, nigh-infinite expanse of space that your sensors are analyzing even now...

And then it speaks.

"A̶w̸w, ḿ͢an̢͟,͏̕ ̢̕͘d͘͝i̵͢͟d͜͞ ̢͟y̡͠o̵̷̡ú ̨͜͏r҉̸̕e̴̡͏a҉͢ll̸͢͜y̧͡ ̷̴̕h̷͘a͟͏v̵̵ę͜ ̢͘͠to ̴̷d͞ǫ̵̨d̴g̛͜e͟ ̶̶̕t̕͢h̢͘ą̢͠t͟҉?̕ ̀͝͝I ̨̕w͏̷ą̛s̴ ̸͢͠g̨̡o͘͡͝į̵ņ͘g̷ ͏t̶o͏ ̴t̢͞a̸̧k̀e͢͠ ̶͢ýò̀ù͠ ҉͏o̴̢͝ù͏t̶̢ ̡͞a̶l̨l̛͢ ̡̡̧n̢ì͜͢c̵͢e͟ ҉͢͞a̵nḑ quic͢͠k, ̵̷á͢n͡d҉ ǹ̢o͏̶̡w̶̕͜ y̛҉ơ̸͠u̡'re̛ ̢̛ju̧s͏̷t̀͢ ̵̷m҉̷̡a̶̡͠k͘i̕҉n̶g̢͜ ̢m̵̨͝y̢͢͞ ̨́j̷̢o̢̧b̴͠ h͘á͡͡ŗd͞͡é̢͝r̨͠.́͟͝ ̛I͜҉t̛'̨͢s̡ ̀n̕͢o̧͜͢t ̵̢l͢ik̶e̢ ̀́w͏h̀a̷t̴҉ ͘y̶̧̛o̵͟u͏ ͘͟͞d҉o̷͝ ̴a͢͝ga̧i̕ns̛t̶̨ ̧̀m̧͘e̢̕ ҉ma̶͜t̶҉t̢e̵r̶s,̷͞͡ ͜y̕o̸̸u҉̴́ ̵̵͜k҉̀͢n̵o͞w̕͟͝?̶̢͠"

You just about make out the words through the chorus that surrounds the thing's voice. Making up your mind rather quickly, you decide to show it your displeasure at being attacked by punching it in the face. You only just about manage to clip it unfortunately, though even that causes its face to warp and spasm in odd ways.

The Amalgamator
You shoot, and [1 vs 5] miss most tragically, hitting a poor unfortunate tree instead. You monster. Seemingly enraged by your brutal murder of a tree, and unaware of his hypocrisy, [6 vs 6] the lizard man crushes a different innocent tree on his way to you, but it diverts him enough for you to sustain only a mild hit at best, and you give him another light slash in response.

You notice that the forest around you seems rather worse for wear, and that [Lizard Man: 5] the lizard has grown another foot or two in response.

The Overman
[2+1 vs 2]Well, you try. Oh god you try. All you really manage is to take some of the red meat's redness off of its head, however, revealing that whatever it was, it wasn't a part of its body. Your teeth also cause some bleeding. You can tell by the taste of blood in your mouth, and the fact that the red meat is, in fact, bleeding.

[4+1 vs 5] The white meat tries to attack you with its remaining arm, and you swiftly counter with a bite. Neither attack succeeds, since your teeth fail to go through whatever has been blocking you for so much of this fight stops your teeth dead in their tracks. You both break away, though the white meat stumbles a little. That is a lot of blood there.

[Red Meat: 4]The red meat clears the blood from its eyes, and can see again. It makes use of this newfound sight to slash again. [2-1 vs 1] It misses completely. Alas.

Jerrod Plissken
[5 vs 4]You decide to trip THE WALL, and, in a sequence straight from an action movie, dodge through his shield strikes, slide down and then push your knife straight through the gap between his leg armor and his armored boots. Originally you considered kicking him, before deciding that no, you didn't want to see your leg's state after it hit several hundreds of pounds of armor.

The wall falls down, both due to damage to his leg and because you're a prick and decided to, quite literally, twist the knife to knock him over. He's down now, and he probably won't get back up. You did kinda fuck his leg up.

"ALAS. THE WALL HAS FALLEN."

Matthias Nix
[3 vs 5] Your attempt to knock the gun right out of his hands falls flat. He decides to shoot you with the gun, since you seem to dislike it so much. [3 vs 5] You almost dodge. Almost, really. But this time, the gunshot doesn't go wide. Instead, one of your hands, the one not holding the spike, is disintegrated-

Pain. You feel a lot of pain. And you take exception to that.

[4 vs 1] So much exception, in fact, that you decide to just activate the Earthshattering Spike, [Recoil: 3] managing to absorb the recoil for the most part, though it still hurts like hell. However much it hurts you, though, it probably hurts the other guy more, considering that he just went straight through that tree and is currently lying on the ground, with his leg at an odd angle and his head bleeding.

The spike didn't seem to go very far in before propelling him with absurd force, but you're fine with that. You can tell it'll need some time before it's ready again, though.

Frank Parker
"Mmm. Good to hear, I guess."

[6 vs 4]You notice someone standing fairly far away, on another end of the lake. A teen with a rapier still slick with blood. Oh dearie me.

John Doe
[3-1-1 vs 2]Well, turns out, strangling with one hand is REALLY HARD. So hard, in fact, that it fails. [4 vs 3]Fortunately for you, the woman seems too tired to do much of anything against you either at this point. [Silver Glow Woman: 1] She tries to heal herself again, but it fails, the light flickering out before she can do anything. You both collapse to your knees, some distance away from each other.

(also, I just realized that as far as my character is concerned, he is quite literally fighting "white meat" and "red meat", I mean, I knew that's what we were calling them, but I just connected those to the fact that white meat and red meat are actual types of meat.)
((yeah arent i ever so clever and it definitely wasnt an accident))
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2017, 10:04:09 am »

Wave half-heartedly, and start walking towards the pair. Try not to be TOO menacing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5