Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Hive Race: The League  (Read 24169 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The League
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 06:29:15 am »

We should probably  revise it, we need as few long teen issues as possible right now.

A good point, yes. But it would only leave us with one die to spend in the Strategy Phase, unless there was only one thing you wanted to do during that time, of course.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 08:13:12 am »

You got any ideas what we could use the dice for otherwise?
We could also wait till next turn and instead of a design revise all of our equipment into better versions.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:50 am »

I propose that this turn we fix that bug and build a major camp. Next turn we design and build a magic academy. If we really want better equipment, we could then use that to help with permanent enchantments for our elites.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 09:58:57 am »

Sounds like a Good plan
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:10:51 am by stabbymcstabstab »
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 10:04:09 am »

Lets try and deal with this issue before it removes our feet. We will need to (in the near future) improve our transports but we get more ships every turn anyway. More mages will be needed sooner than more boots on the ground.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 10:51:01 am »

I'll also (hi) throw in a vote for fixing the political agenda inside the levy barracks.
Maybe have a standardised drill plan, with it falling upon the head of the teacher if any student is found to be inadequate?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 12:44:45 pm »

Looks like we have consensus on working out the corruption in the camps.  Unless anyone says anything in the next half hour, I'll turn through to the last phase.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 02:10:39 pm »

I'm giving a +1 on nipping corruption in the bud. (I know it's too late to vote, I'm still giving it my approval)

Mage Academy next turn would also be a good idea, but let's hear some alternatives before just bandwagoning?

(Another thing we might want to do in the nearish future is develop Iron Working. While super early iron wasn't better than bronze, the reason it was used was simple: Iron is EVERYWHERE. Copper and tin are rarely found together, too. It should, at the very least, boost our ore income (due to iron's relative ubiquity, and being able to utilize more of the metals we dig up), for when that becomes the limiting factor on troop recruitment. Probably not a thing we need to do now, or even in the next few turns, but it is something to keep in mind.)

Glory to United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 02:45:15 pm »

Revision: Less Corrupt Trainers  [Bugs: 1]

We have tried to cut down on corruption by providing a more standardised drill pattern and even offering punishments for non-compliance, but the camps are simply spread too far out and the League itself is hardly a cohesive political entity.  Too many veterans pay lip service to the changes and then go on as they were before.  These measures are likely to only make a few crooked men honest.

It is now the Strategy Phase.  You have 1 die remaining.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 02:46:45 pm »

Mage Academy next turn would also be a good idea, but let's hear some alternatives before just bandwagoning?
I agree. Since we start with a complete order-of-battle, now is the only time when we won't need to be fighting fires.

We could use more agriculture, although it's not critical. Population growth looks to slow down as cities grow, so we'll probably stabilize in a few turns, but the reduced training would hurt.

We could build on the military training idea, either an officer school or improving the minor training camps.

We could settle new resource areas now (especially trees, which we don't have any off of the central landmass), and build storehouses. They'd probably cost dice, so I'd really rather not.

We could build new docks to increase ship build speed and be able to build bigger ships when we need them.

A search for our most skilled craftsmen, to spread their knowledge out. Could let us go towards guilds, which would help with education and probably strategic construction.

We could diversify our spell schools now, so we can react faster later. I'd like a mage school first.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 02:58:55 pm »

Well... That roll really could've gone better... We should still fix it later, but it'll have to keep for now.

So, the question now is as thus: What do we do with this die? Remember that saving it is a valid option too.

(Iituem? If we roll a third one in a row, can we request new dice?)

Glory to United Forenia!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »

Build the major camp in Dorytos. Possible XP towards education, and a 6 might just fix the problems with the minor camps.

(Our capital is delicious.)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2017, 03:15:36 pm »

Yup, leaning towards building that camp in Dorytos myself.

Glory to United Forenia!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2017, 03:45:06 pm »

I'll vote for making the camp in Dorytos... Though we really should be using a proper vote format before we get bad habits in this thread.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2017, 05:24:01 pm »

I'll vote for making the camp in Dorytos... Though we really should be using a proper vote format before we get bad habits in this thread.

Please do, it makes my life a lot easier.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30