Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46

Author Topic: Hive Race: The Hive  (Read 37516 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hive Race: The Hive
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2017, 06:49:40 am »

I considered something like that.
...I forget why I thought it was a bad idea.

...eh, whatever. Maybe I'll remember later, but until then, I'll support Clawed Workers.

Slanted Workers:
Staggered Hunting:
Clawed Workers: (2) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13
No Revision:
Long Live United Forenia!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2017, 06:56:12 am »

I'm fine with Clawed Workers.

Quote from: Votes
Slanted Workers:
Staggered Hunting:
Clawed Workers: (3) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist
No Revision:
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2017, 10:06:07 am »

Clawed workers are best workers.
Slanted Workers:
Staggered Hunting:
Clawed Workers: (4) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist, MonkeyMarkMario
No Revision:
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2017, 12:49:41 pm »

Slanted Workers:
Staggered Hunting:
Clawed Workers: (5) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist, MonkeyMarkMario
No Revision:
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2017, 01:34:36 pm »

Slanted Workers:
Staggered Hunting:
Clawed Workers: (6) 10ebbor10, NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist, MonkeyMarkMario, crazyabe, Puppyguard
No Revision:
Clawed workers seems like a grand idea.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 02:45:40 pm »

Revision: Clawed Workers  [Design: 1+1]

We ran into some problems trying to add more barbs and ridges to our Workers; over-multiplication.  Several dozen of the early versions ended up with ridges and claws on every part of their body, making them impractical for many tasks, others resulted in barbs that were overly large or even comically small.  We have managed to stabilise at half a dozen ridges on each limb; they aren't clawed in the way that we hoped, but they do provide a modicum of grip when attempting to surmount defences and a slight edge in melee combat.  It may not be much, but multiplied over our entire force it's an edge that may be worth having.

It is now the Strategy Phase.  You have 1 die remaining.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »

Can we get new dice?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 03:12:39 pm »

Ah... this reminds me of Moskurg's first turn in Wands Race. We rolled 3/4 ones then too.

Well anyway. I don't think we have much to do by way of strategy, right? Better to save the die.

No actions: (1) NUKE9.13

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 03:14:03 pm »

No actions: (2) NUKE9.13

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 03:51:11 pm »

No actions: (3) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 05:06:12 pm »

No actions: (4) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard, MonkeyMarkMario
My Forum game(s):
None for now

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2017, 05:32:40 pm »

Oh come on.

No actions: (5) NUKE9.13, 10ebbor10, Puppyguard, MonkeyMarkMario, FallacyofUrist, in other words, basically everybody.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 08:23:55 am »

- alcgemy class: Class of omnivores that can eat and emulate all materials. These beings are able to synthesize chemical effects so you can change body set up based on their research.

- Simulatrix - a much smaller class of innocent looking bugs that try to learn of the human culture

- Spitting infector: these spitting soldiers spit their eggs at their enemies. Unattended contact will result in death for the human. A parasitic human sized bug with sharp claws breaks out of the human.

-  Domesticator: A worker bug with a whipslash whiskers. A ble to speak human. Used to domesticate prisoners.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 08:58:25 am »

- alchemy class: Class of omnivores that can eat and emulate all materials. These beings are able to synthesize chemical effects so you can change body set up based on their research.
We got -1 penalties to stomachs that could turn anything into nutritional slurry. Even with the experience gained through our failure, being able to produce arbitrary substances is not going to be viable (without a lot more experience)

- Simulatrix - a much smaller class of innocent looking bugs that try to learn of the human culture
Spies? Could be worth it. Certainly worth keeping in mind.

- Spitting infector: these spitting soldiers spit their eggs at their enemies. Unattended contact will result in death for the human. A parasitic human sized bug with sharp claws breaks out of the human.
A classic, obviously. But one really more suited to horror movies than open combat- by the time the parasite bursts forth, the battle will be long over.

- Domesticator: A worker bug with a whipslash whiskers. Able to speak human. Used to domesticate prisoners.
Hmm. I mean, yeah, they have human slaves, why can't we? But... why bother? We are biologically superior to humans- only their knowledge prevents us from claiming our birthright. And it is hard to get unwilling subjects to create technologically advanced weapons for you. They just end up building robot suits instead.
Which is to say, I doubt we would get slaves that are good for anything more than menial labour/combat. And since they need to eat as well, they'd consume manpower just like Workers do- Workers who are in every way (that matters) superior*

*I'm assuming that Workers are better in combat than Slaves. Certainly sounds that way from their descriptions.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 09:56:46 am »

Magic.

We create a slave class of human mages who cast spells for us.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46