Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 33029 times)

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 07:46:18 pm »

Name: Wavebringer
Alias:This body is known as Miles
Appearance: A moderately good looking young man just entering adulthood.
Class: Tempisti
Abilities:Soul Cast,Family ties:Passive ability. Magical bonds to your descendants prevent them from betraying you.
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:4 Willpower:2 Perception: 2 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets: 0
Influence:0
Worshipers/Power:0
Family:0
Skills: none

Hows this look?

Edit: Changed family ties ability
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:56:30 pm by Sudurandom »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 08:00:26 pm »

Name: Wavebringer
Alias:This body is known as Miles
Appearance: A moderately good looking young man just entering adulthood.
Class: Tempisti
Abilities:Soul Cast,Family ties:Passive ability. Magical bonds to your descendants prevent them from betraying you.
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:4 Willpower:2 Perception: 2 Presence:2

Hows this look?

Edit: Changed family ties ability
Character looks great, ability is solid!

Still taking characters, will start the IC thread and taking actions tomorrow!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 08:07:43 pm »

Everyone, just so that you know, were using this discord channel to discuss this game. It's been used previously for a different game, so there's quite a bit of unrelated stuff, but if you want a good area to get (relatively) quick answers from C2, that's your place.

EDIT: I'd just like to make clear, the Discord is not a requirement to play! It's just a service that several of us - including C2 - find to be useful for communication and inquiry. Again, you do not need Discord to participate fully in this; it's just helpful for talking with the other players and occasionally teasing extra information out of C2 - information which we will always share with the rest of you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:15:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 08:47:49 pm »

geh

I want to join this game but I'm so overbooked as it is, plus t looks like it might move at a faster pace than I can keep up with
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 10:20:34 am »

geh

I want to join this game but I'm so overbooked as it is, plus t looks like it might move at a faster pace than I can keep up with

Understandable, there are a lot of great games (and real life) out there! However, this is a game intended to move at your pace. It should settle into a turn (maybe two) every week, with optional events that last a day or two. All it would require is a post once a week, and if you miss it, no big deal, you can still get the attribute and skills points that you would have gotten from the turns you missed. There's not going to be a player cap either, unless it gets really crazy, so you aren't taking a spot from anyone.

Other note, will post the IC soon, I will just name it Sindari: Immortals however, and add OOC to this topic.

Edit: Link to IC thread here
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 11:40:48 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 04:47:30 pm »

If it's once a week, I can probably manage... I'll probably throw a sheet up in the next couple days.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 08:20:00 am »

Goal 1 of the Sindari who agree with me is getting China on board with defeating the Cisharni and Atlantis.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 10:51:42 am »

PFP, making sheet. Moving in as a Smith \o/

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
TIME TO ARM MY ALLIES UNTIL WE help this world.
I hopefully could also arm our armies! :3

Time to plan to make my own foundry, get the aid of the rest of y'all in making it secret and pretty much fortified (or at least with multiple exits .-.), and then hello [possible] home base!

I plan to be benevolent and pretty much making any worship into either a philosophy or a knowledge-pursuing (and generally wholesome) kind of worship rather than self-ish. :v

Quote from: As a Sindari...you:
[...]You could compare yourself to one of Tolkien's elves[...]
This is also what got me into this.
...Not that I cried after reading the Silmarillion. [EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS. IT IS WORTH IT. IT IS AN EPIC TALE.]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:12:37 pm by Tiruin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 12:00:02 pm »

Tir, as I told Cody, the x2 is to stat increase. You don't start with a 4 in your caste's stats; you increase that stat by 2 points if you choose to invest in it. Thanks As C2 said in the discord, you have a bonus to developing intelligence, strength, and willpower. Since you chose to increase your intelligence, you should have a 4 in that stat. Also, you can do your action now.

Also, C2, are the bonus stats from worshippers a flat bonus for reaching that, or is it per turn?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:09:57 pm by Glass »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 01:55:11 pm »

I've read the Silmarillion :v but it's been a while.
GM of Trespassers V2.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 06:47:12 pm »

PFP, making sheet. Moving in as a Smith \o/

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
TIME TO ARM MY ALLIES UNTIL WE help this world.
I hopefully could also arm our armies! :3

Time to plan to make my own foundry, get the aid of the rest of y'all in making it secret and pretty much fortified (or at least with multiple exits .-.), and then hello [possible] home base!

I plan to be benevolent and pretty much making any worship into either a philosophy or a knowledge-pursuing (and generally wholesome) kind of worship rather than self-ish. :v

Quote from: As a Sindari...you:
[...]You could compare yourself to one of Tolkien's elves[...]
This is also what got me into this.
...Not that I cried after reading the Silmarillion. [EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS. IT IS WORTH IT. IT IS AN EPIC TALE.]

Awesome! Looks great, just improve your intelligence stat to 4 due to the X2 bonus and then you are set!

The points gained from worshippers are a flat bonus, yours as long as you maintain that level of worshippers

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 09:35:15 pm »

Name: Loakar
Alias: The Cowled Lord
Appearance: A hooded figure with seemingly nothing beneath his clothes. If killed, he goes out Obi-Wan style, meaning that he leaves behind no remains other than his equipment.
Class: Priest
Abilities: Non-supernaturals do not remember nor notice his presence unless he wishes them to do so, even if he directly addressed them a moment ago. If he suggested something to them before "disappearing", they won't remember where/from whom the suggestion came from, and might believe that they themselves came up with it.
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:3 Willpower:2 Perception: 2 Presence:2
Awesome! Looks good, I like the ability, just be aware that it won't work on mortals bonded to a Cisharni or a Sindari, but otherwise it is as you said. Also your intelligence can be at 4 due to the X2 bonus on the priest.
"Attributes:Your attributes start at the human average of 2, though you have one point to apply at the beginning (X2 bonus based on class does apply)."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 03:22:04 am »

X2 works to multiply the points you put into the stat, sorry I haven't done a good job of explaining it I think.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 04:25:09 am »

X2 works to multiply the points you put into the stat, sorry I haven't done a good job of explaining it I think.
You actually did. :P It's the wording, sometimes, though.
You can reword it as, for example:
The Messenger: Mecuritia
   The Mecuritia spread far and wide over the world, delivering words of hope to some, and words of despair to others. Often can be seen in a city one day, and in another one half the world away the next.
   X2 bonus to stat points put into agility, perception, and presence
   Teleport: After an hour’s preparation, can teleport anywhere they, or a friendly Sindari, has gone.
With orange being the edit.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 09:23:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 09:25:00 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41