Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 33078 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #570 on: May 31, 2018, 01:31:57 pm »

Totally non connected reminder to C2, all points I'm going to get while captive should go into strength and Agility.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 31, 2018, 01:38:27 pm »

"I hadn't been of the impression that you had.
It's clear that neither of us is going to convince the other. I'm sorry.
May we have the privilege to meet again in a kinder age."

Always a diplomat Glass
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 31, 2018, 01:48:59 pm »

Always a diplomat Glass

Don't be so quick to admit no progress. I don't see anything extremely wrong about their views. Press them for information about the Pharaoh and ask whether they condone his actions.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 31, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »

Always a diplomat Glass

Don't be so quick to admit no progress. I don't see anything extremely wrong about their views. Press them for information about the Pharaoh and ask whether they condone his actions.
Blue, do you have some issues we need to discuss?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I知 running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 31, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »

Just want to be clear this will end the negotiation :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 31, 2018, 02:00:48 pm »

The negotiation between myself and the Inquisitor, yes. I'd like to know what has happened in the more mundane peace negotiations before we leave, and weigh in on it some more if I deem it necessary.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 31, 2018, 04:14:40 pm »

So C2, do I get any info on what's going on with Rigel/Orion?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 31, 2018, 04:50:05 pm »

Always a diplomat Glass

Blue, do you have some issues we need to discuss?

They think mortals are stupid and need ruling. We think mortals are stupid and need guiding. These ideologies are, as ideologies go, really close. I mean, we're starting kingdoms and confederations and gathering worshippers and making people oblige by force, occasionally. We just don't use it more than necessary, but who's to say that they didn't do that too?

I mean, the only character flaws they've shown are thinking that they're much better than everyone else and are going to live forever which is, oh I don't know, true. As I've said, if the GM wants us to hate them he better show something really hateable about them, or they'll become Designated Villains.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 31, 2018, 05:11:44 pm »

They think humans are incapable of leading themselves without disaster. I think that humans aren't always great at stuff, but they're mostly decently competent and can be taught relatively easily to do stuff properly.
They think that they're infallible. I think that the immortal "races" are no less fallible than the humans.
Sorry if that got misinterpreted, but the fact stands that our opinions on these subjects have wide divisions.

Anyway. @C2, what were he final terms? Were they the same extreme terms as those expressed at the beginning, or did they shift at all?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2018, 05:14:18 pm »

They also have a habit of generally acting like Jackasses.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2018, 05:18:29 pm »

They think humans are incapable of leading themselves without disaster. I think that humans aren't always great at stuff, but they're mostly decently competent and can be taught relatively easily to do stuff properly.
They think that they're infallible. I think that the immortal "races" are no less fallible than the humans.
Sorry if that got misinterpreted, but the fact stands that our opinions on these subjects have wide divisions.

Anyway. @C2, what were he final terms? Were they the same extreme terms as those expressed at the beginning, or did they shift at all?

I mean, inevitably people screw up. But yes, the recognition of own fallibility is a thing they have to work on.

And I think his final terms were "Your head, preferably barbecued on a stick"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2018, 05:27:59 pm »

He is going to love trying to interrogate Rigel.

"Give me info on the Sindari"
"Well we have this fort in China, but I think some assholes destroyed it."
"WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! WE WERE THE ONES TO DESTROY IT!"
"So I was right, it was some assholes."
"GIVE US USEFUL INFORMATION!"
"Well... we have a guy who can see the future."
"DAMN IT! WE KNOW THAT! THAT ISN'T USEFUL!"
"Oh sorry, I've been having a hard time telling what's useful thanks to all the physical trauma and disturbing imagery."
"What disturbing imagery?"
"Well, your face is probably the first thing that comes to mind."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 05:33:04 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2018, 07:16:33 pm »

"Oh sorry, I've been having a hard time telling what's useful thanks to all the physical trauma and disturbing imagery."

Don't tempt fate. These guys can torture you. Although I feel like they might be more interested in why you know Artemis.

And if we're going by Greek Myth Artemis (which we are thanks to you) telling her you love her just pissed her off more.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2018, 07:23:39 pm »

Wrong version of the myth Blue. Orion is the only guy Artemis wouldn't shoot for saying that.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 03, 2018, 07:43:49 pm »

No, the offer didn稚 change. They see themselves as holding the power in this situation, and didn稚 feel the need to change their terms.
Always fun

Don't tempt fate. These guys can torture you. Although I feel like they might be more interested in why you know Artemis.

And if we're going by Greek Myth Artemis (which we are thanks to you) telling her you love her just pissed her off more.

and torture has a historical precedence of always working in the torturer's favor
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:51:30 pm by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41