Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals-OOC  (Read 32646 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals-OOC
« Reply #585 on: June 03, 2018, 07:48:51 pm »

No, the offer didn’t change. They see themselves as holding the power in this situation, and didn’t feel the need to change their terms.
Always fun

He is going to love trying to interrogate Rigel.

"Give me info on the Sindari"
"Well we have this fort in China, but I think some assholes destroyed it."
"WE KNOW THAT ALREADY! WE WERE THE ONES TO DESTROY IT!"
"So I was right, it was some assholes."
"GIVE US USEFUL INFORMATION!"
"Well... we have a guy who can see the future."
"DAMN IT! WE KNOW THAT! THAT ISN'T USEFUL!"
"Oh sorry, I've been having a hard time telling what's useful thanks to all the physical trauma and disturbing imagery."
"What disturbing imagery?"
"Well, your face is probably the first thing that comes to mind."

Don't tempt fate. These guys can torture you. Although I feel like they might be more interested in why you know Artemis.

And if we're going by Greek Myth Artemis (which we are thanks to you) telling her you love her just pissed her off more.

and torture has a historical precedence of always working in the torturer's favor
Torture has a historical precedence of getting the torturer a whole lot of false information because the torturee just wants it to stop.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 03, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »

No, the offer didn’t change. They see themselves as holding the power in this situation, and didn’t feel the need to change their terms.
Always fun

"Oh sorry, I've been having a hard time telling what's useful thanks to all the physical trauma and disturbing imagery."

Don't tempt fate. These guys can torture you. Although I feel like they might be more interested in why you know Artemis.

And if we're going by Greek Myth Artemis (which we are thanks to you) telling her you love her just pissed her off more.

and torture has a historical precedence of always working in the torturer's favor
Torture has a historical precedence of getting the torturer a whole lot of false information because the torturee just wants it to stop.

I forgot the italics
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 03, 2018, 09:42:49 pm »

Always fun

I forgot the italics
Don't worry Cody, I already knew that. Rigel just got the perfect opportunity to screw with the Cisharni right after he got his sense of humor, Orion, back.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 03, 2018, 10:11:01 pm »

The Inquisitor chuckles,

“The will of the people? They are to us as they are to sheep. With a mere thought I could bend these men to my will. They struggle and fight among themselves, bringing war and poverty with each blunder they make. Cisharn made us better, and while you Sindari are imitations made by a vengeful Sind, the people will be better off under our hands.”

I was wondering about it after Rome but now it's confirmed. the Inquisitor has mind control.

we should probably warn the Chinese about that. 

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 04, 2018, 07:28:13 am »

Yeah, Smoke, just write terrible fanfics about the Sindari and tell them to Quiz.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 04, 2018, 02:16:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure that the mind control thing is just a general ability of immortals with high levels of Willpower, or possibly a more Charisma-based ability.

Sorry for the spotty attendance recently, but given the whole maybe-the-gem-won't-work thing, what might be the best option? This guy DID leave his easy-to-hand weapons in the boat, anyway, so if I vanish into wind he might fail to catch me. He might also have appropriate preventative magic, though I guess we can HOPE that magic can only be countered if you know how it's done, not just what it does.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 04, 2018, 11:19:44 pm »

Always fun

I forgot the italics
Don't worry Cody, I already knew that. Rigel just got the perfect opportunity to screw with the Cisharni right after he got his sense of humor, Orion, back.

OOC I love Rigel, IC I am starting to see how you felt with Flak
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2018, 08:15:47 am »

Aaaand killing the quote pyramid.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2018, 08:39:51 am »

I'm pretty sure that the mind control thing is just a general ability of immortals with high levels of Willpower, or possibly a more Charisma-based ability.

Sorry for the spotty attendance recently, but given the whole maybe-the-gem-won't-work thing, what might be the best option? This guy DID leave his easy-to-hand weapons in the boat, anyway, so if I vanish into wind he might fail to catch me. He might also have appropriate preventative magic, though I guess we can HOPE that magic can only be countered if you know how it's done, not just what it does.

Or just give him the soul gem. . .
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 05, 2018, 11:04:04 am »

Never listen to the GM. (I feel Glass should know this by now)

Ask what he wants the gem for!
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2018, 11:43:47 am »

Never listen to the GM. (I feel Glass should know this by now)

Ask what he wants the gem for!
Not all GMs are deliberately trying to twist the game world's reality to make you lose.
I swear to God Erin and Celling are probably the least Evil faction in Spamoverlord

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2018, 12:44:12 pm »

So I decided I might as well post this here as it relates to the group Discord. I'm starting up another summer RTD, like last years, but probably longer running, and I've left three options for people to vote for which one they want to play. I'd Li,e people to go ahead and vote for your pick as Glass is the only voter so far. Voting closes tomorrow.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2018, 01:49:24 pm »

Octavian and Amelia stand before the Dragon Emperor in his great hall. His great length lays coiled around the dais, upon which stands an ornate throne. His scales glow gold in the light.

Octavian informs the Dragon of Atlantis’s offer, which consists of surrender of territory they conquered, payment of a massive tribute, exchange of hostages, and the exile of the Sindari in exchange for peace and assistance with the plague.

Steam rises from his nostrils at this. He growls, “These terms are not to my liking, but my generals are afraid, and worry we do not have the strength to beat them. What are your thoughts on the matter?”

Octavian also tells him of the Pharoah’s plan to infiltrate one of the nexus of magical energy in China, and that disaster of an unknown form would result. The Dragon Emperor eyes narrow.

“My duty over these lands are to protect these nexus. You have done well to bring this to my attention.”

Wait, so he's an actual dragon? Why wasn't I told of this?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2018, 01:51:50 pm »

Octavian and Amelia stand before the Dragon Emperor in his great hall. His great length lays coiled around the dais, upon which stands an ornate throne. His scales glow gold in the light.

Octavian informs the Dragon of Atlantis’s offer, which consists of surrender of territory they conquered, payment of a massive tribute, exchange of hostages, and the exile of the Sindari in exchange for peace and assistance with the plague.

Steam rises from his nostrils at this. He growls, “These terms are not to my liking, but my generals are afraid, and worry we do not have the strength to beat them. What are your thoughts on the matter?”

Octavian also tells him of the Pharoah’s plan to infiltrate one of the nexus of magical energy in China, and that disaster of an unknown form would result. The Dragon Emperor eyes narrow.

“My duty over these lands are to protect these nexus. You have done well to bring this to my attention.”

Wait, so he's an actual dragon? Why wasn't I told of this?

I don’t think it really has ever come up before.  :P
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »

I don’t think it really has ever come up before.  :P
We only met the human prince anyway--all we knew is that there's a 'Dragon Emperor' and people speculated "RULED BY A DRAGON :D'
...Now we know ._.;
I'm totally in support of China. But we seriously do need other Sindari to pitch in now. :-\

That means player proactivity because we lack an intelligence network.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41