Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we leave planet Earth

No it is really <comfy> here :^)
Sorry what was the question?
The galaxy is a hoax, nothing exists outside of planet earth.
Why don't scientists do something useful like fix the economy instead?
We don't need to go to vacuum in space, we have vacuums here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Stellaris: Never leave Earth  (Read 81195 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Never leave Earth
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 06:39:48 am »

Genetic modification, how can we say no to liberating the human body? Think of all the oppressed little boys and girls who just wanted to fly, grow tails, or become living art installations, do you really want to break their hearts ???

Also, have we tried sending opera to the non earthers yet, it seems like the perfect time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2017, 08:20:52 am »

Genemodding is like becoming a nonearth species! On Earth! Clearly we must enrich not only our culture, but our bodies.

How can we truly become brothers and sisters on a peaceful Earth if we can't exchange large parts of our DNA freely and without reservation?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2017, 01:05:57 pm »

i thought we could already do that
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2017, 07:33:23 pm »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2017, 01:01:12 am »

Bump?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2017, 01:57:04 am »

yes, please bring this back :'(

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »

Rest assured, I shall not let this die - not least, before we die in game at least, and I don't intend to allow that either ;]

2298:05:21:
Humanity and the Belmacosa Divine Concordat mutually discover one another, and in doing so, discover themselves. Belmacosa's democratically-elected leader, Elder Olive Nectar, greets President Yesenia Qasim on her first day of Presidency.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mankind cries tears of happiness.
We have friends now ;-;

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:24 pm »

Hell yes! Now it is time to join forces with these kind strangers and crush everyone who ever called us bad names!
Or, uh, whatever it is one does with new friends.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2017, 10:44:10 pm »

Yaaaaaaay!

Who are these new(?) aliens, and where are they located?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2017, 10:46:19 pm »

Does the Contingency crisis have an option to peacefully resolve/avoid it like the old AI Uprising crisis did? Because if so, it would be hilarious if we managed to both trigger it and pull a nonviolent (for us) resolution to it off.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:39 am »

A joyous day indeed! Fellow minds from far across the galaxy, united in a message of peace and harmony!

*Begins composing Platonic Belmacosan love poetry*
One wheel short of a wagon

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:15 am »

I for one dearly support the modification of the human genome to be in true harmony with earth itself. If it means to embrace the harmony inherent in our reality, I think we should throw aside our notions of humanity, of 'purity' to embrace Utopia as it could be.
Speaking of which I dearly hope we can help the Adnorans resolve their issues with the Belmacosa. If they could see eye to eyes, then we could enter into a new revolution of harmony.

It is a shame we cannot trade for the ability to have our beloved friends of the stars settle on worlds within our territory. While I do not believe we should expand, I do feel that we could help increase the prosperity we shall share with them. At the least, it is good that they desire to see us safe, for it helps us know our ideals will continue to survive in memory.

(This thread gave me an idea about a strat that would involve giving planets to neighbors in order to shift their values, just a bit. Still makes me yearn for a version of stellaris with better range of feature scope, but this is great.)
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »

Still one of my favorite threads, you continue to charm me.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2017, 05:42:53 pm »

Does the Contingency crisis have an option to peacefully resolve/avoid it like the old AI Uprising crisis did? Because if so, it would be hilarious if we managed to both trigger it and pull a nonviolent (for us) resolution to it off.
This was started pre-Synthetic Dawn, so no Contingency.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:39 pm »

There is crisis going on ???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30