Finally... > Forum Games and Roleplaying

Sindari: Immortals

(1/65) > >>

chubby2man:
THE TEMPLE OF SIND

The air was cold. Your breath billowed in your face as you exhaled against the stone you laid against. You felt so weak, but as the seconds passed you felt strength return you your limbs and you pushed yourself to your feet. That is when you noticed the light.
   It shimmered over your limbs, and as you looked around you saw others, each with their own color, and you marveled at the sight.
   In front of you stood the broken remains of some kind of statue, shattered beyond all recognition. It would have towered above you, and was the centerpiece of the round chamber you were in. You felt a twinge at the sight of it, some kind of tugging at your mind.
   “MY CHILD,” A voice spoke into your mind. You fell to your knees, clutching your head. Around you, the others were doing the same, their auras flicking madly.
   “I HAVE CHOSEN YOU TO BE MY HEIRS, THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CONSTANT AND FAITHFUL TO ME. I WAS BROKEN AND SCATTERED, BUT STILL YOU GATHERED AND REMAINED.
   FOR THIS IF GIFT YOU WHAT REMAINS OF MY POWER. YOU WILL NOT DIE OF DISEASE OR OF AGE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RENEW YOUR BODY. YOUR ABILITIES WILL GROW IN TIME, AND NO MORTAL WILL RESIST YOU.

ONE TASK I ASK OF YOU. THE SONS OF CISHARN ARE THE ONES WHO DID THIS TO ME, REDUCED ME TO GIFTING THESE PIECES OF MY POWER TO YOU. DESTROY THEM, DESTROY ATLANTIS.

GO, MY CHILDREN . . . MY SINDARI.

Stumbling from the temple, you collapse on your knees on the cracked stone steps leading out to the desert. A harsh wind flings burning sand into your face, as if scouring you of the. . . Otherworldliness of your father and bringing you back to the reality of this world.

You look to the horizon. A dark cloud coalesces  far  in the north. It twists and spins, and moves seemingly with a will of its own. You stare at it, fascinated. You feel both repulsed and attracted by it. But you are jostled aware by the village in front of you.

A collection of mud huts was what it really was, not really deserving of the name of village. It’s people, you learned, tended goats and cattle and took care of the priests of the temple, until a year ago when the doors slammed shut and could not be opened. They tell you of the cities that nestle against the Nile, and of Arkanus, the great capital and home to the Onyx Pyramid. They whisper of Naroth the Pharaoh, the greatest ruler the world has seen, and master of death. They all agree on this, they nod.
They are also fond of complaining, you note, of the great tributes required of family and clan, that are sent downriver to feed Atlantis and its Empire. And what do we get, they ask, but more soldiers asking for more grain? It is understandable that some clans, particularly among the desert nomads, are beginning to speak of rebellion. They agree with that, a bit quietly however.
   The wider world awaits however, and you feel the need to do, to fulfill your father’s command. How do you destroy an Empire?

Welcome to Sindari: Immortals. This is where the turns and events will be posted and where the action happens! Check out the OOC thread here for the rules and character sheets and stuff. Check out here for the discord server if you want to chat more with other players and myself.

codybob1999:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Name: Flak
Alias: The Beast, (Appropriate name for current age), Akhenaten
Appearance: changes from each rebirth
Class: Warrior - Onderios
Abilities: Blink, Warg
Attributes:
STR:2
AGI: 2
INT: 3
WIL: 2
PER: 2
PRE: 2
Wealth/Assets:0
Worshippers/ Power:0/0
Influence: 0
Family: 0
Skills: 0

Spend five years practicing magic and developing new spells.
Spend a year to rebirth to change my looks.
spend four years to find a nomad tribe and become integrated within it.

Results

* I wandered the desert practicing setting my hand on fire, I can't get it very hot yet. Sometime later I have figured out how to change the taste of something, it also curiously is able to change the color of something.
* Changes looks to Blend in with the Tribe better
* Incresed respect Among the Alzilu Altawil people by training and working as a warrior of the sword. They pay in goats, so far I have been paid  50 goats, I traded for ten for a tent and traded ten to A family to have one of their younglings watch my goats.

Smoke Mirrors:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Name: Rigel
Alias: The Hunter
Appearance: Tall and tan, with short brown hair, brown eyes, a handsome face, and a muscular build. He looks Greek, and is almost always smirking.
Class: Santoris/Hunter
Abilities: True hunters: Allows the Santoris to track a person and sense their location  in their mind's eye. Makes them extremely good bounty hunters.
Smoky Escape: Rigel can turn into a cloud of black smoke that moves across the land like a fast fog bank. It can not be hit by attacks, but he can not attack in that form.
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility:2 x2 Intelligence:4 x2 Willpower:2 Perception:2 x2 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets: Royal bow and arrows.
Influence:0
Worshipers/Power:0
Family:0
Skills: none
Spend three years working on magic (try to develop an invisibility spell)
Spend three years working on smoke form (Try omproving speed and control)
Spend four years working on hunting and archery (Attempt to increase those skills, I would assume it involves agility but it's your choice)

Year 1: Rigel rose, he knew, though he know how, that his mission was different from the others. This would make his mission more difficult, in fact, he did don't even know if it was possible, but he had to try, for his lord and for... someone else, someone he didn't quite remember. Whatever the case, he would need some more magic to accomplish his goal. He stood up, picking up his bow and loading his arrows in his quiver, though he did not remember where he got any of them, and walked over to the person he knew could help him. He walked over to a cloaked figure, in fact, he looked to be only a cloak, with a black aura making it hard to see were the cloak ended and the aura began. "Hello, you're Loaker aren't you?" The figure nodded. "Good, I want you to teach me how to turn invisible."

Year 2: Rigel stood in the woods, focusing. He had spent a year studying with Loaker, practicing invisibility. After that year, he went back to the woods, to study and work on his own. He focused, and felt the power move through him. He looked at his hand, or rather, looked through it. He had not yet managed to make himself visible to himself yet, but that would come later. He walked forward, to where a group of ducks were drinking. He was able to move up next to them with ease, a mixture of stealth and the invisibility. He walked over to one of the ducks, and pulled back his bow. Unfortunately, the moment he did that, the spell disappeared, and the ducks, startled, flew off. He tried to shoot one, but the arrow missed and landed in the ground. "I should have been able to make that shot" he growled. Not to mention, if he wanted to do anything, the spell need some work.

Year 3: Rigel was in the woods once more, he had spent the past year practicing the spell, and this time, he was certain he was ready. He focused and preformed the spell. Power moved through his body, like lowering his body into cold water. He looked through his hand and focused again, it became visible, but only to him. He walked down from the tree's and stepped once more towards a group of ducks, several of which appeared to be from the first group as well. He walked over, and pulled back the bow, still invisible, good, He armed an arrow, still invisible, and finally, he let the arrow fly. The arrow shot towards the ducks, and turned visible only as it hit it in the face, killing it. The other ducks, seeing there brethren fall dead, scattered, but Rigel didn't care. He ran over to the duck and snatched it up, the invisibility still intact. Two things made him happy, one, the spell worked, and two, he was having duck for dinner tonight.

Year 4: Once more out hunting, Rigel was stalking a deer. Unfortunately, as he stalked, the ground began to shake. The deer turned around and ran, leaving Rigel in the grass behind it. He looked around, trying to find the cause of the shaking. Finally he spotted it, a pack of charging rhinos. Quickly, he transformed into smoke, and let the rhinos run over him. He felt the smoke be pulled apart as the rhino's ran. Once they passed, he began to pull himself together. Unfortunately, it took a while. "This, is boring," Rigel thought "damn, I'm going to have to make this faster."

Year 5: Smoke flowed across the savanna, swallowing blades of grass and releasing them on the other end. Rigel was practicing the ability, trying to speed up, to increase his control. He moved like a fog, the black smoke moving effortlessly, as if being blown by the air. He moved towards a tree, and centered his smoke. He built it upon itself, and when he was done, he formed a pillar, but it still took much too long, and he could only perform simple transformations, such as a circle, square, or pillar. "This still needs work" he thought to himself.

Year 6: A deer was eating by itself, munching on the grass of the savanna, when suddenly, the ground bellow it became darker. Quickly, the ground was covered in black smoke, and the sane smoke surrounded it. Darkness blocked the sun, trapping the deer in a cage of blackness. Terrified, it ran, not even scattering the smoke as it escaped. Rigel transformed back to his normal form and smiled. It had taken three years of practice, but he had managed to advance his smoke form to the point that it could be used for more than an emergency escape. He could spread himself out to the point that he was almost invisible, however it carried with it the same slightly painful feeling of stretching, form shapes of smoke, such as cages and boxes, and most importantly, he could move much quicker, allowing the form to be used for quick escapes. All in all, it was a productive three years, especially for getting it done in such a short stretch of time.

Year 7: An arrow rushed through the air, hitting a target carved into a tree. Rigel walked up to the tree to retrieve his arrow. He knew that he had been better at this before, but he knew why he had lost his skills. With a new body, his muscles were no longer accustomed to the motions, and to the tiny differences that could send an arrow shooting completely off the target. He would have to do more practice, he felt it would take years, but he had nothing if not time.

Year 8: Another shot, another arrow, another hit, he never missed the target, but he rarely got a bullseye. Rigel understood this would be good for a human, but it was not good enough for a Sindari, he had to be able to best even the best archers of the Cisharni, who would be able to shoot a perfect hit every time. He shot again, this would take many years, but once more, he had not but time.

Year 9: A lone deer grazed on the savanna grass, watching it, from the trees, was Rigel. He pulled back his bow, and fired a shot. The arrow hit the deer in the hind quarters, spurring it forward, but a second arrow, this one to the heart, stopped it in its tracks. Rigel dropped down from the trees, and grabbed the deer. He should have been able to take it out in one hit. He took the deer away, ready to cook dinner, he would need it for another day of training.

Year 10: Rigel sat in the trees, he pulled back his bow and shot an arrow at a deer below him. It pierced it through the head, killing it in one hit, but he had intended to hit it through the eye. He needed to be better.
Expected results
+4 to archery
+4 to hunting
+3 to smoke skill

Invisibility spell: This spell makes the user, there clothes, and all things they were holding when starting the spell invisible. The user can then choose to make those things visible to themselves. Should an invisible object may be to far from the caster, it will once again become visible. This skill can hide your aura from people of close or lower power levels. Anyone if a high enough power level relative to you can see your aura as normal.

Glass:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Name: Acter
Alias: The Iron Dragon
Appearance: He is covered in flesh-colored scales that fade to transparency in small areas, revealing underlying cogwork.
Class: Mercuritia
Abilities: Pocket Dimension, Teleport
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility*:2 Intelligence:3 Willpower:2 Perception*:2 Presence*:2
Wealth/Assets: 0
First year: create and retreat to my pocket dimension.
After that:
-4 years developing my control over my pocket dimension, strengthening its protection from interlopers and allowing me to expand it and create more detailed environments within it
-4 years developing my power to teleport, trying to reducing the time the ritual takes and allow myself to do other things while conducting the ritual
-1 year developing my magic, mostly just being able to see if something is magical in some way, even if I can't tell how or if there is no physical sign of it being so.
Desired Results:
-Improved Teleportation: Can do other things while in the process of teleporting (higher priority). Teleportation takes 30 minutes instead of an hour (lower priority).
-Pocket Dimension - Adjilia: The area is mainly comprised of a large forest. Floating rocks are common, and magic crystals grow on them. Off toward the edge of the pocket dimension, there is a small mountain, and the surrounding area has trees made of metal instead of the usual wood. Anchored near the center is a floating island, upon which is an orchard and a small farm, which is where Acter resides (higher priority). It is protected from entrance, with the only method of access being Mercuritia's teleportation ability (lower priority).
-Magic Sense: Able to see magic, even if there is no physical indication of magic (higher priority). Able to get a vague impression of what the magic is for (lower priority).
Also, +1 attribute point from time: invested in Presence, increasing it to 4 due to caste bonus.

Jerick:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)Name: Ammon
Alias: The Rat Prince
Appearance: He appears as a small crippled beggar child that stumbles about on a wooden crutch. In reality he is a Sindari and is surprisingly acrobatic and uses his crutch to vault about.
Class: Santoris
Abilities: True Hunter, Rat Swarm (he can summon and has vague control of a swarm of vicious rats)
Attributes: Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:2 Willpower:2 Perception:4 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets: 0
-Actions
Spend a year traveling to one of the cities by the Nile (aims to try and blend in with the beggars and other cast aside, downtrodden folk when he arrives)
Spend a year learning about the city (learn about the cities politics, who is important?, who has ties to who?, what is the mood of the people? what has happened in the city recently?, what does the city trade? what is the criminal element like?)
Spend two years learning knife fighting (there's likely at least someone willing to teach him a thing or two about back alley knife fights)
Spend three years learning escape artistry (escaping from bindings and evading pursuit are useful skills to have when everything goes wrong, hopefully he can convince a thief to give him some pointers)
Spend three years improving his ability to deceive

-Fluff
Ammon had seen his poor family starve while the wealthy feasted and grew fat. He had watched his family grow weak from malnutrition while plump tax collectors demanded even more from them. He was there when illness swept through his weakened family killing all of his brothers and sisters, killing his mother and father and leaving him alone. When the plump tax collectors returned they demanded more than the child could give so instead they took everything his family had left him. His home lost, reduced to owning nothing but the clothes on his back and the battered wooden crutch that supported his feeble frame he limped onward. Resentment festered in the child's heart.

However there was one thing of his parent's that he had managed to keep; their faith. They were one of the very few who still looked toward Sind for guidance. They honoured Sind and condemned the greed of the Cisharni. Alone and with nothing Ammon also honoured Sind, he prayed that Sind would return, that he would right the wrongs of the world, that the damage done by Cisharni greed would be undone. Every time he prayed to this god that as far as he knew only his family had prayed to he felt closer to them.

Without a home he lived in the gutters of a larger city surviving using his guile and cunning. He subsisted off of scraps he scrounged up. This life of want and hunger only served to strength his faith in Sind. Sind was his hope, his hope that the world could be better, that one day people wouldn't suffer as he had.

It was a whisper. Just one whisper in the early hours of the mourning before dawn, spoken in a forgotten alley between two conspirators but Ammon had been there by pure chance he had heard it. The followers of Sind were gathering. There was no way Ammon could choose not go. He had to be there. It was a chance to see his faint hopes come true. So he went. It was a long trek made worse by the fact that he had no supplies and was physically feeble. But faith and determination drove him on and through deserts, sandstorms, bandits and other hazards. Eventually he reached the temple.

It would be a full year before he left the temple. When he did he was different, he was Sindari. After all this time Sind had chosen to answer his prayers and to give him a mission; destroy the Cisharni. This was a task he'd happily take on with unmatched zeal. He would use his knowledge of city life to form spy networks from the downtrodden and the lost. He would use his cunning to subvert their control. He would be insidious.

But he wasn't ready yet there were a few skills he'd need first. He set off towards a large city (but not the capital) in the hopes of acquiring the skills he'd need. The other Sindari each set off to do their own thing and make their own preparations. He would naturally keep them up to date with any information he found.

(I hope this turn is alright. I do like adding in a bit of unnecessary fluff)

-Summary
Expected results
+5 influence (from info gathering)
+6 acrobatics skill
+4 knife fighting skill
+6 Deception skill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version