Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29700 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 10:41:25 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Use one action to travel to the East with Acter

The desire to wander pulled at Masamune's feet, and so he joined one of his fellows, Acter, on his caravan to the East, taking what tools he could carry on his back with him alongside the equipment he'd already prepared. Along the way, he participated in Acter's sparring, even moreso than Acter himself, practicing the skills he may need to defend himself in the strange lands.
Spend an action traveling to and exploring Japan

Masamune yeared to travel even further than his Sindari brother, and so he set sail across the waters dividing China from its neighbor Japan. There, he set about learning of the strange land and its ways, as well as establishing his name there.

Spend an action setting up a guild of smiths (business) using 60 gold

The urge to explore finally sated, Masamune found himself in a new land, still mostly unfamiliar. He fell back upon the skills he had earned in the previous decade, and gathered others of similar talent to him, working in tandem for mutual profit, in the imperial capital of Heian-kyo.

Spend two actions honing my Smithing

And for two years afterward, he worked at perfecting his craft, to be worthy of someday being known as the greatest smith to ever walk the lands, only working for others enough to sustain himself and pay his taxes.

Spend four actions studying Enchanting

Once Masamune had mastered the art of metalwork, he began work on laying magics into the metal itself, giving his blades even more unusual properties. He worked until he believed that his talent with enchantment neared his skill with the smithing itself.

Spend an action creating weapons and armor for profit

Masamune, hunger for self-improvement sated, turned to building a further base of wealth for himself. For a year he worked, taking requests from wealthy samurai through the land.

Expected results:
  • +1 Swordsmanship
  • +1 Smithing
  • +11 influence in Japan, information on Japan
  • Started business with 60 gold, worth 6 gold/year
  • Net gain of (-600+24+[52 weeks*1 year*13 smithing skill = 676]) = 100 silver
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 11:07:39 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 11:16:47 pm »

Spoiler: Flak, The Beast (click to show/hide)

Spend three years fighting for the Alzilu Altawil
Spend one year starting a family
Spend two years caring for my Family.
spend four years defending the tribe

Results
  • I fought many people in the name of the tribe.
  • I fell in love with a girl named Nenet. I told her my secret, I did not reveal that I have brothers and sisters.
                In time we had two kids, a son, and a daughter.
  • I spent quite awhile defending a tribe, The Zaeim gave me a band of warriors to lead.

+7 swordsmanship
Influence Among Alzilu Altawil +4(Clan Head/ Respected Defender)
4 Followers(+3 swordsmanship, +1 tracking)
+80 goats ( -10 to youngling watching goats, -30 to Nenet's father for right to marry her)

Family:
Nenet-18~Akhenaten
         ^
 Ammon-4 # Neith-3
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:30:57 pm by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »

Amelia was glad at the reception she had of the locals--she was, however, dismayed that the local Kings paid tribute to the Empire. She had to cover this up somehow, in the long run, if they were to be under her control. . .or rather obligation. Control was too..."Cisharni". As she pondered, sitting near her storage-cave, a spider crawled above her and disappered in the crevices. She waited a few seconds for it to emerge and found it pop out near her foot before it bumped into her and warily scuttled off.

The idea hit her: An Underground Empire.

But how to do it needed an exodus of people (or gradual movement over time), and the full cooperation of the people therein. She, at least, decided that it would be a measure of social prowess and that of external circumstance--say, a storm or tropical typhoon wiping out the people, or a tsunami. She would make the underground foundations under the mountains and seal it with teleportation she had noted from her allies a decade ago. That was the start, but she had to first check the foundations of the lands she was on.

Train Mining for 3 more years {With benefits, so only +3 instead of +6 -- benefits being 'making an underground suitable for base making and sturdy foundations, defensible and also habitable'}
Train Engineering for 3 more years

Numerous veins, and even an extensive cavern system--possibly, and notably, untouched by human (or otherwise) hand, was of great discovery for her. It even had an outlet into the sea where water was naturally purified by ground filtration (that she had to ensure did not cause collateral upon discovery), that would work as a good watersource for her underground planning. The cavern system would both be a boon for the people that would move underground--and for her extensive engineering and administration skills.

In between the years, she was focused on trading with the folks above--especially of the village she had first encountered, transmuting most of the dirt she came across into minerals, and saving those from her years of mining for future progress in making the underground. These would be spent later, as she had to focus on training in the meantime. She had learned the boon of focused training over training-and-action, as while the latter promised short term results, the former would promise long term results over lesser time when applied, and she ensured to be able to write down every single notation of her actions (ranging from safety within the underground, to categorical understanding of how physics and mechanical measures would be done in such a context). Knowing that the aboveground lands were also part of her megaproject planning in the future, she had spent her trade routes on advicing the farmers for better produce alongside more care of their land, obviously as an aside, but also in part for her plans in spreading a philosophy akin to a religion of her own: Sind's original plans and virtues, of caring for others and being free in pursuing one's own path in life too, but with one's own ideas alongside as one's guide. She had become acquainted to more people in this time, and while she did not use her real name, people began to speak (at least, at the village level) of the 'peddler of goods' who supplied them with what they lacked, or what would aid them in times of trouble. Dolls, toys, and otherwise, for children grieving or in need of emotional help; modifications for farmers and other workers, who found their productivity increasing in minor ways after modifying their own tools with her metal or minerals, and even the soil probably being bettered by what only others could call as a 'greening' of the lands underground.

Spend 4 years focused on Enchanting

In this time, she had became an accomplished enchanter, in her years of trade acting as a repairwoman and in selling baubles and trinkets which would be cornerstones of her underground project. Minor boons such as 'emotion sensing/reflection' and 'reminder gemstones', which would probably also function as future teaching aids, as she had plans for also educating the populace in terms of emotions and thoughts--their importance in a society rather than rigid roles and hierarchies which the Kings somehow adhered to.

Perhaps, one day, she would live to see a better future.
It started with now, however. And in between the years, she made sure to telepathically tell the other Sindari about what was going on in her life, alongside her plans.
She was happy to have met a lot of good folks in the villages, and even professionals alongside dynamically differing artforms ranging from the physical to the mental in her travels. This made up most of the telepathic storytelling, as it presented a lot of ideas for the others to also add to their plans.

Expected Outcomes:
> +3 to Mining; +6 to Engineering; +8 to Enchanting
> A well-mapped and thoroughly designed underground area ripe for base building. Materials from mining being stocked and stored.
> Minor baubles being spread around my locality that benefit the locals as a surplus from mining, with the tiniest touch of enchanting that gives the idea of either quasi-realistic, or benefit of the doubt. (Either influence bonus, or a one-shot + to 'worshipper' dice in the future)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:28:21 am by Tiruin »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 06:38:15 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

-Actions
(spent one attribute point on intelligence with x2 Santoris multiplier)
Spend a year doing odd jobs for criminal contacts
Spend four years learning to be stealthy
Spend a year building an informant network
Spend four years practicing magic and developing the ability to magically influence people (Jedi mind trick style)

-Fluff
Time moved on and the child switched up the names he introduced himself as every few years. He moved about spending a great deal of time and effort to perfect going unnoticed by the masses thronging the streets. He had a natural talent for it and adapted to city life easily. Occasionally he'd seek out the criminal element to find out what simple jobs needed doing in an effort to earn a little coin. But it wasn't enough, he didn't feel like he was making progress to toppling the enemies of Sind. It was time to start building a network of informants. He started quietly recruiting some of the homeless and ignored, all the while he pretended to be acting as a proxy for someone else. Just asking them to keep an eye out for any potentially useful bits of information and recruit a few other people. He formed his network into decentralized cells with small street urchins acting as messengers carrying reports and orders between them. He silently inserted himself among these couriers. While acting as such a messenger he slipped his orders in masking them as orders propagating through the network. He constructed a network of informants who didn't even know who was in control of the whole thing or how reports made it back to however was in charge.

But there was more to do he could feel the call of magic in his bones. He knew how powerful small forces could be if applied in the right places. His efforts at manifesting his magic were not to create anything spectacular. Instead he focused on seeing if could subtly effect the mind. If he could change someone's mood. If he was successful it would be a useful skill to possess.

He kept the other Sindari updated as to what he was doing and what he had learned, hoping that they could make use of some of the info he had gathered.

-Expected results
+ 416 silver coins
+8 stealth skill
+10 X 10 (Influence level) X 2(Presence)=200 general followers
+4 mind affecting magic skill (+4 possibilities of mind magic once intelligence increases)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:52:04 am by Jerick »

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 10:17:19 am »

Spoiler:  Wavebringer (click to show/hide)

Using his new father-in-law's help Miles bought a ship and started his own merchant business.
1x Start a business (40 gold)
    4gold x 10 years = 40 gold
1x train Trade
1x gather a following
    20 skill 0 devoted followers

Miles continued to raise his family having three more children Mark (age 8 ), Rose (age 5) and Steven (age 2).
And as his children grew old enough to understand he tought them about who they were and their family's secret war with the cisharni.
3x raise a family

While on the sea Miles learned more and more magic. Gaining the power to summon or dispell massive storms and even throw lightning from his hand.
1x train magic: Weather control
1x train magic: Lightning

The most surprising event this decade was when a crewman was fatality injured.
While seeking to ease his pain Miles instinctually reached out and removed his soul shaping it into a gem.
Seeing the peace this brought the man and the power it could provide, Miles started to go to the dieing and offer them a pain death with a chance to hurt the hated atlantians. Only a few accepted but it was enough to start creating gems
1x create soul gem

At Amelia's request he enchanted one of these gems to call down a terrible hurricane. It was excellent practice for the day they would complete Sind's plan and scoure Atlantis clean.
1x enchant soul gem

Summary
Attributes: +1 for time
 Strength:2 Agility:2 Intelligence:8 Willpower:4 Perception: 2+2 Presence:2
Wealth/Assets:
   40.8 Gold
   New shipping business(40 gold)
   7 Soul gems
   1 Hurricane gem for Amelia
Influence:0 +4 for shipping business
Worshipers/Power:33 worshipers
   10 skill 3 Sailors
   3 Skill 3 Fighters
   New 20 skill 0 followers
Family:Wife Olivia
    Daughter Lily aged 11:4/6 Sindari Lives 100 to 200 years longer than average. Strong recuperative abilities. Very strong, fast, and intelligent.
    New son Mark aged 8
    New daughter Rose aged 5
    New son Steven aged 2
Skills:
    Sailing 6
    New Trade 2
Magic: Weather control 4 +2
New Lightning 2

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 11:20:55 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Year 11-20

Year 1
Travel to China with Actar and Masamune, work as a guard

Year 2
Work as Actar's bodyguard for a year.

Year 3-10
Travel to Japan and spend the remaining years practicing magic, my smoke form, and ninja skills with a group of ninjas.

Expected Results
+6 to archery
+4 to smoke form
+4 to stealth
New spell, Arrow make: Create an arrow of force that I can shoot from my bow. It disappears soon after it stops moving, and until then acts as an invincible arrow. Appears as an arrow shaped area where the air is warped like a heat shimmer. Requires very little focus.

Fluff and more to be added later
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:04:27 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 04:53:13 pm »

EVENT
THE TELEPORTING MERCHANT
ACTER

China, one of the greatest kingdoms of the ancient world. Several years of trading within the country showed Acter the truth of these. These were a rich and vibrant people, and their art and silk made valuable trade goods in Persia and India.
   Acter browsed through the bustling market place. Sometimes he had intermediaries do this, but he could often find better deals than his servants could. Suddenly a hush fell around the market place, and a quick glance around revealed several heavily armored guards moving around him, spears at the ready. Acter cursed to himself. These were Dragon Guards, famed throughout China for their skills in battle and iron discipline.  Acter almost began to prepare for a quick teleport away when a robed man stepped from behind a guard.
   “You are the merchant known as Courier, yes? My master, Prince Fireheart wishes to speak with you.”

What do you do?
A. Go with them.
B. Refuse, make a quick exit
C. Something else?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 05:41:15 pm »

A, with a hint of C:

"Eh? Yes, that would be myself... yes, I will speak with your master. If it would not be of trouble to you, however, I should like to bring a few guards of my own. If I may?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:26:26 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 08:31:35 pm »

EVENT: THE TELEPORTING MERCHANT
The envoy purses his lips “If you so wish. Collect your men and come with me.”
Acter collected a few caravan guards, and was lead to the center of the city, to the stone fortress at its heart. The towers rose high above the party as they made their way through the massive gate. Inside you go through a maze of tunnels to arrive at an inner sanctum. Inside sat a imposing man, dressed in a fine red tunic, embroidered in gold. His eyes shone red, and scales glittered on his skin. His eyes widened as you entered. Within moments he threw you against the wall and snarled,
“Cisharni scum! You have made a grievous error in coming here. Have you come to spy, to assassinate my father or uncles? Speak quickly!”
The two Dragon Guards with the Prince quickly disarmed your bewildered caravan guards. 

What do you say?
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 08:40:18 pm »

"I can tell you, sir, I am no friend of the Atlanteans. They murdered the one who made me this way. You have heard of Sind, yes? Can you not feel that my magic is different from that of Cisharn's?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:03:53 pm by Glass »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 08:52:30 pm »

The prince’s grip hardly slackened on Acter’s throat. “You say you are not Cisharni, but your aura says otherwise. Why should I not kill you now?” Studying the Prince more, Acter can see the aura of the prince, shimmering and red like fire. A power you are not familiar with emanates from him.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2017, 09:06:42 pm »

"Sir, I will tell you again, I am not your enemy. I am Sindari, among the first. We are sworn to remove the Cisharni from their thrones and teach them to be humble again. The killed Sind; we are meant to be their punishment.
Besides, if I desired to do anything to you or your relations, would I not have done so by now? I've had a few years in which I was unknown, and I wouldn't be thought to be suspected; why would I still be waiting to conduct such an attack after becoming as prominent as I have?"

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2017, 09:30:31 pm »

The prince slowly relaxed his grip. “If what you say is true, then we may have a use for you. Our Dragon King entered an agreement with the Cisharni that we would not invade the other’s territories. They are rapacious and greedy for power. You will tell me more about your Sindari, and what brings you into China.”

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »

"Well, first off, we only just recieved our abilities... about fifteen years ago? Something around that. Sind managed to regain enough strength to create us, but not enough to actually maintain himself afterwards. To be quite honest, he likely should have waited, but that's advice several years to late, I suppose.
What brought me here, well, a trade caravan brought me here. A few of my compatriots and I chose to follow the Silk Road to remove ourselves from the Cisharni's realm of influence. I decided that wealth would likely be my best route to accumulating the power to challenge the Cisharni, but my friends are currently in Japan, honing their other skills. A smith and a hunter, the two of them.
Besides the three of us, I believe there are four more: another smith, another hunter, though one that tends toward the criminal element, a sailing weather mage, and a warrior. If I am correct, the hunter and the mage currently are in the Atlantean heartland, the smith is on the outskirts of their territory, and the warrior is preparing his tribe to move into Southern Africa, out of the Cisharbi's grasp.
I... don't believe there is anything more to say, sir. We have not yet had much time to prepare, and I believe it would take another empire to begin facing the one that the Cisharni have built."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2017, 09:34:35 am »

EVENT: THE TELEPORTING MERCHANT
The prince released you from his grip. He returned to his seat and leaned back. “ I like you, Sindari. I wish you the best of luck in your fight against Atlantis. However, we are safe behind our walls, and Atlantis dare not bring itself against us. The Dragon King will not approve of your presence in our lands. He despises the Cisharni, and your aura is too similar for him to be comfortable with running amok around his lands.”

He grinned, “ Your services are too valuable, however, to dismiss entirely. The Adjilia Carvan has only been operating for 3 years now, and my operatives report that your caravan take up nearly a quarter of an area’s trade. I was going to take your company for myself, but now I see that perhaps the reason it is so sucessful is you. Tell me, how do you appear in 5 different villages in as many days, selling foreign goods that were not in your cart the day before?”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22