Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29705 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #315 on: September 14, 2018, 04:25:14 pm »

Archaementes sneered. "Though I haven't killed someone before, at least with intention, perhaps now is the time to show these human soldiers why they shouldn't trifle with the gods."
Don't be arrogant, Archae.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2018, 12:46:05 pm »

"Whoops," Archaementes said with a stunned whisper though whether it was because he realized how prideful he sounded or simply because someone actually called him out on his arrogance remained to be seen. "Must not forget that we are partly human also."

Pausing, Archaementes continued in the High Language so that the humans can't hear them. "Of course, given our abilities and longevity, most people would begin to wonder just how long we can keeping connecting emotionally with the humans. I mean, their lifespans are a blink of an eye in our perception of time and their... lesser minds aren't equipped to handle or comprehend the type and scale of long term planning and machinations that creatures of immortality like us are able to do. Perhaps we connect more with Sind than with humanity? Perhaps the Cisharni were once like us before centuries of influencing human civilizations, decadence, and active rule took their toil?"
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 12:47:44 pm by Sir Elventide »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

"Of course, given our abilities and longevity, most people would begin to wonder just how long we can keeping connecting emotionally with the humans. I mean, their lifespans are a blink of an eye in our perception of time and their... lesser minds aren't equipped to handle or comprehend the type and scale of long term planning and machinations that creatures of immortality like us are able to do. Perhaps we connect more with Sind than with humanity? Perhaps the Cisharni were once like us before centuries of influencing human civilizations, decadence, and active rule took their toil?"
For fucks sake, mate, shut up.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2018, 02:24:33 pm »

Allow me to paraphrase Octavian: Arch, you are not supposed to be thinking of smear propaganda the Cisharni can put out about us
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2018, 07:35:39 pm »

Grinning, Archaementes shrugged. "Very well then, I'd end this conversation for now. However do try not to forget this subject when years turn into centuries and subsequent tragedies and circumstances harden our hearts."

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2018, 07:53:35 pm »

Find somewhere out of sight where I can observe what goes down without being in the thick of it.

Mentally describe the story of the Sindari and Cisharni to the people I've mind controlled. Gloss over sensitive details like where or who we are, just give them images of the Cisharni killing Sind, burning the elves, etc. then of us resisting, fighting alongside the Chinese, etc. Relinquish my control over them and let them decide whether to stay and fight or go and spread the word of the Sindari. Keep enough of a mental link that I can tell and stop them if they're going to betray us to the Cisharni

Canceled pending more debate
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:05:56 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2018, 10:28:18 pm »

I, for one, have never been in the business of lording over other humans. I exert what influence I can gather to push them toward a righteous course, and then withdraw to my own devices.

And I certainly don't invade their minds and bend them to my will using magic, set plagues upon them, or destroy the food they need to survive.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 18, 2018, 09:23:48 am »

Archaementes nodded as he folded his arms. He could bring up the incident of how Rome's destruction started with moldy grain someone created but now is not the time for fault finding. "Whatever each of our methods are, we are ultimately stewards of the human race. We do have to guide them after the Atlantean Empire crumbles and the Cisharni die with it after all, often in ways that are best for them no matter how unpopular. I may not be Turangol but even I foresee hard choices to be made on the horizon and the amount of resolve needed to make them and the live with the consequences. Nevertheless, the humans will depend on our guidance until they are self-sufficient and then we will watch from the shadows to make sure they don't destroy themselves."

Pausing, Archaementes continued. "After all, we are the good guys, right?"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2018, 07:12:02 pm »

Send another message to the Dragon Emperor: "Octavian has already succeeded, though, he is ruining the ritual array as we speak, and no matter what he can stop the ritual before it is completed. Jeopardizing your life puts all three sanctuaries at risk, for we, the Sindari, do not know how best to defend them or indeed what to watch out for. The world needs you to survive, and the Pharaoh is no fool. He knows that you are coming, knows that I can sometimes see his plans, he will expect you to reach him and be prepared for it. Survive, so that you can defend all of the sanctuaries, do not spend your life on a battle that we have already one."

Then proceed to search the futures concerning the destruction of the ritual array---how long do we have before something happens? As before, share all with Octavian and company.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #324 on: September 18, 2018, 07:29:30 pm »

So we are, in theory. I hope that we can remember this before more drastic measures than strong words are required.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]