Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Sindari: Immortals  (Read 29696 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sindari: Immortals
« on: August 08, 2017, 10:38:59 am »

THE TEMPLE OF SIND

The air was cold. Your breath billowed in your face as you exhaled against the stone you laid against. You felt so weak, but as the seconds passed you felt strength return you your limbs and you pushed yourself to your feet. That is when you noticed the light.
   It shimmered over your limbs, and as you looked around you saw others, each with their own color, and you marveled at the sight.
   In front of you stood the broken remains of some kind of statue, shattered beyond all recognition. It would have towered above you, and was the centerpiece of the round chamber you were in. You felt a twinge at the sight of it, some kind of tugging at your mind.
   “MY CHILD,” A voice spoke into your mind. You fell to your knees, clutching your head. Around you, the others were doing the same, their auras flicking madly.
   “I HAVE CHOSEN YOU TO BE MY HEIRS, THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CONSTANT AND FAITHFUL TO ME. I WAS BROKEN AND SCATTERED, BUT STILL YOU GATHERED AND REMAINED.
   FOR THIS IF GIFT YOU WHAT REMAINS OF MY POWER. YOU WILL NOT DIE OF DISEASE OR OF AGE, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO RENEW YOUR BODY. YOUR ABILITIES WILL GROW IN TIME, AND NO MORTAL WILL RESIST YOU.

ONE TASK I ASK OF YOU. THE SONS OF CISHARN ARE THE ONES WHO DID THIS TO ME, REDUCED ME TO GIFTING THESE PIECES OF MY POWER TO YOU. DESTROY THEM, DESTROY ATLANTIS.

GO, MY CHILDREN . . . MY SINDARI.

Stumbling from the temple, you collapse on your knees on the cracked stone steps leading out to the desert. A harsh wind flings burning sand into your face, as if scouring you of the. . . Otherworldliness of your father and bringing you back to the reality of this world.

You look to the horizon. A dark cloud coalesces  far  in the north. It twists and spins, and moves seemingly with a will of its own. You stare at it, fascinated. You feel both repulsed and attracted by it. But you are jostled aware by the village in front of you.

A collection of mud huts was what it really was, not really deserving of the name of village. It’s people, you learned, tended goats and cattle and took care of the priests of the temple, until a year ago when the doors slammed shut and could not be opened. They tell you of the cities that nestle against the Nile, and of Arkanus, the great capital and home to the Onyx Pyramid. They whisper of Naroth the Pharaoh, the greatest ruler the world has seen, and master of death. They all agree on this, they nod.
They are also fond of complaining, you note, of the great tributes required of family and clan, that are sent downriver to feed Atlantis and its Empire. And what do we get, they ask, but more soldiers asking for more grain? It is understandable that some clans, particularly among the desert nomads, are beginning to speak of rebellion. They agree with that, a bit quietly however.
   The wider world awaits however, and you feel the need to do, to fulfill your father’s command. How do you destroy an Empire?

Welcome to Sindari: Immortals. This is where the turns and events will be posted and where the action happens! Check out the OOC thread here for the rules and character sheets and stuff. Check out here for the discord server if you want to chat more with other players and myself.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
Re: Sindari: Immortals
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:34:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spend five years practicing magic and developing new spells.
Spend a year to rebirth to change my looks.
spend four years to find a nomad tribe and become integrated within it.

Results
  • I wandered the desert practicing setting my hand on fire, I can't get it very hot yet. Sometime later I have figured out how to change the taste of something, it also curiously is able to change the color of something.
  • Changes looks to Blend in with the Tribe better
  • Incresed respect Among the Alzilu Altawil people by training and working as a warrior of the sword. They pay in goats, so far I have been paid  50 goats, I traded for ten for a tent and traded ten to A family to have one of their younglings watch my goats.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:56:10 pm by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 11:43:27 am »

Spend three years working on magic (try to develop an invisibility spell)
Spend three years working on smoke form (Try omproving speed and control)
Spend four years working on hunting and archery (Attempt to increase those skills, I would assume it involves agility but it's your choice)

Year 1: Rigel rose, he knew, though he know how, that his mission was different from the others. This would make his mission more difficult, in fact, he did don't even know if it was possible, but he had to try, for his lord and for... someone else, someone he didn't quite remember. Whatever the case, he would need some more magic to accomplish his goal. He stood up, picking up his bow and loading his arrows in his quiver, though he did not remember where he got any of them, and walked over to the person he knew could help him. He walked over to a cloaked figure, in fact, he looked to be only a cloak, with a black aura making it hard to see were the cloak ended and the aura began. "Hello, you're Loaker aren't you?" The figure nodded. "Good, I want you to teach me how to turn invisible."

Year 2: Rigel stood in the woods, focusing. He had spent a year studying with Loaker, practicing invisibility. After that year, he went back to the woods, to study and work on his own. He focused, and felt the power move through him. He looked at his hand, or rather, looked through it. He had not yet managed to make himself visible to himself yet, but that would come later. He walked forward, to where a group of ducks were drinking. He was able to move up next to them with ease, a mixture of stealth and the invisibility. He walked over to one of the ducks, and pulled back his bow. Unfortunately, the moment he did that, the spell disappeared, and the ducks, startled, flew off. He tried to shoot one, but the arrow missed and landed in the ground. "I should have been able to make that shot" he growled. Not to mention, if he wanted to do anything, the spell need some work.

Year 3: Rigel was in the woods once more, he had spent the past year practicing the spell, and this time, he was certain he was ready. He focused and preformed the spell. Power moved through his body, like lowering his body into cold water. He looked through his hand and focused again, it became visible, but only to him. He walked down from the tree's and stepped once more towards a group of ducks, several of which appeared to be from the first group as well. He walked over, and pulled back the bow, still invisible, good, He armed an arrow, still invisible, and finally, he let the arrow fly. The arrow shot towards the ducks, and turned visible only as it hit it in the face, killing it. The other ducks, seeing there brethren fall dead, scattered, but Rigel didn't care. He ran over to the duck and snatched it up, the invisibility still intact. Two things made him happy, one, the spell worked, and two, he was having duck for dinner tonight.

Year 4: Once more out hunting, Rigel was stalking a deer. Unfortunately, as he stalked, the ground began to shake. The deer turned around and ran, leaving Rigel in the grass behind it. He looked around, trying to find the cause of the shaking. Finally he spotted it, a pack of charging rhinos. Quickly, he transformed into smoke, and let the rhinos run over him. He felt the smoke be pulled apart as the rhino's ran. Once they passed, he began to pull himself together. Unfortunately, it took a while. "This, is boring," Rigel thought "damn, I'm going to have to make this faster."

Year 5: Smoke flowed across the savanna, swallowing blades of grass and releasing them on the other end. Rigel was practicing the ability, trying to speed up, to increase his control. He moved like a fog, the black smoke moving effortlessly, as if being blown by the air. He moved towards a tree, and centered his smoke. He built it upon itself, and when he was done, he formed a pillar, but it still took much too long, and he could only perform simple transformations, such as a circle, square, or pillar. "This still needs work" he thought to himself.

Year 6: A deer was eating by itself, munching on the grass of the savanna, when suddenly, the ground bellow it became darker. Quickly, the ground was covered in black smoke, and the sane smoke surrounded it. Darkness blocked the sun, trapping the deer in a cage of blackness. Terrified, it ran, not even scattering the smoke as it escaped. Rigel transformed back to his normal form and smiled. It had taken three years of practice, but he had managed to advance his smoke form to the point that it could be used for more than an emergency escape. He could spread himself out to the point that he was almost invisible, however it carried with it the same slightly painful feeling of stretching, form shapes of smoke, such as cages and boxes, and most importantly, he could move much quicker, allowing the form to be used for quick escapes. All in all, it was a productive three years, especially for getting it done in such a short stretch of time.

Year 7: An arrow rushed through the air, hitting a target carved into a tree. Rigel walked up to the tree to retrieve his arrow. He knew that he had been better at this before, but he knew why he had lost his skills. With a new body, his muscles were no longer accustomed to the motions, and to the tiny differences that could send an arrow shooting completely off the target. He would have to do more practice, he felt it would take years, but he had nothing if not time.

Year 8: Another shot, another arrow, another hit, he never missed the target, but he rarely got a bullseye. Rigel understood this would be good for a human, but it was not good enough for a Sindari, he had to be able to best even the best archers of the Cisharni, who would be able to shoot a perfect hit every time. He shot again, this would take many years, but once more, he had not but time.

Year 9: A lone deer grazed on the savanna grass, watching it, from the trees, was Rigel. He pulled back his bow, and fired a shot. The arrow hit the deer in the hind quarters, spurring it forward, but a second arrow, this one to the heart, stopped it in its tracks. Rigel dropped down from the trees, and grabbed the deer. He should have been able to take it out in one hit. He took the deer away, ready to cook dinner, he would need it for another day of training.

Year 10: Rigel sat in the trees, he pulled back his bow and shot an arrow at a deer below him. It pierced it through the head, killing it in one hit, but he had intended to hit it through the eye. He needed to be better.

Expected results
+4 to archery
+4 to hunting
+3 to smoke skill

Invisibility spell: This spell makes the user, there clothes, and all things they were holding when starting the spell invisible. The user can then choose to make those things visible to themselves. Should an invisible object may be to far from the caster, it will once again become visible. This skill can hide your aura from people of close or lower power levels. Anyone if a high enough power level relative to you can see your aura as normal.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:47:03 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:08:49 pm »

First year: create and retreat to my pocket dimension.
After that:
-4 years developing my control over my pocket dimension, strengthening its protection from interlopers and allowing me to expand it and create more detailed environments within it
-4 years developing my power to teleport, trying to reducing the time the ritual takes and allow myself to do other things while conducting the ritual
-1 year developing my magic, mostly just being able to see if something is magical in some way, even if I can't tell how or if there is no physical sign of it being so.

Desired Results:
-Improved Teleportation: Can do other things while in the process of teleporting (higher priority). Teleportation takes 30 minutes instead of an hour (lower priority).
-Pocket Dimension - Adjilia: The area is mainly comprised of a large forest. Floating rocks are common, and magic crystals grow on them. Off toward the edge of the pocket dimension, there is a small mountain, and the surrounding area has trees made of metal instead of the usual wood. Anchored near the center is a floating island, upon which is an orchard and a small farm, which is where Acter resides (higher priority). It is protected from entrance, with the only method of access being Mercuritia's teleportation ability (lower priority).
-Magic Sense: Able to see magic, even if there is no physical indication of magic (higher priority). Able to get a vague impression of what the magic is for (lower priority).
Also, +1 attribute point from time: invested in Presence, increasing it to 4 due to caste bonus.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:18:18 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

-Actions
Spend a year traveling to one of the cities by the Nile (aims to try and blend in with the beggars and other cast aside, downtrodden folk when he arrives)
Spend a year learning about the city (learn about the cities politics, who is important?, who has ties to who?, what is the mood of the people? what has happened in the city recently?, what does the city trade? what is the criminal element like?)
Spend two years learning knife fighting (there's likely at least someone willing to teach him a thing or two about back alley knife fights)
Spend three years learning escape artistry (escaping from bindings and evading pursuit are useful skills to have when everything goes wrong, hopefully he can convince a thief to give him some pointers)
Spend three years improving his ability to deceive

-Fluff
Ammon had seen his poor family starve while the wealthy feasted and grew fat. He had watched his family grow weak from malnutrition while plump tax collectors demanded even more from them. He was there when illness swept through his weakened family killing all of his brothers and sisters, killing his mother and father and leaving him alone. When the plump tax collectors returned they demanded more than the child could give so instead they took everything his family had left him. His home lost, reduced to owning nothing but the clothes on his back and the battered wooden crutch that supported his feeble frame he limped onward. Resentment festered in the child's heart.

However there was one thing of his parent's that he had managed to keep; their faith. They were one of the very few who still looked toward Sind for guidance. They honoured Sind and condemned the greed of the Cisharni. Alone and with nothing Ammon also honoured Sind, he prayed that Sind would return, that he would right the wrongs of the world, that the damage done by Cisharni greed would be undone. Every time he prayed to this god that as far as he knew only his family had prayed to he felt closer to them.

Without a home he lived in the gutters of a larger city surviving using his guile and cunning. He subsisted off of scraps he scrounged up. This life of want and hunger only served to strength his faith in Sind. Sind was his hope, his hope that the world could be better, that one day people wouldn't suffer as he had.

It was a whisper. Just one whisper in the early hours of the mourning before dawn, spoken in a forgotten alley between two conspirators but Ammon had been there by pure chance he had heard it. The followers of Sind were gathering. There was no way Ammon could choose not go. He had to be there. It was a chance to see his faint hopes come true. So he went. It was a long trek made worse by the fact that he had no supplies and was physically feeble. But faith and determination drove him on and through deserts, sandstorms, bandits and other hazards. Eventually he reached the temple.

It would be a full year before he left the temple. When he did he was different, he was Sindari. After all this time Sind had chosen to answer his prayers and to give him a mission; destroy the Cisharni. This was a task he'd happily take on with unmatched zeal. He would use his knowledge of city life to form spy networks from the downtrodden and the lost. He would use his cunning to subvert their control. He would be insidious.

But he wasn't ready yet there were a few skills he'd need first. He set off towards a large city (but not the capital) in the hopes of acquiring the skills he'd need. The other Sindari each set off to do their own thing and make their own preparations. He would naturally keep them up to date with any information he found.

(I hope this turn is alright. I do like adding in a bit of unnecessary fluff)

-Summary
Expected results
+5 influence (from info gathering)
+6 acrobatics skill
+4 knife fighting skill
+6 Deception skill
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:42:33 pm by Jerick »

Sudurandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 09:45:55 pm »

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

2x Train skill: Sailing
2x Train magic: Weather Control
Called to the sea Miles joined the crew of a merchant ship and began to learn the sailors trade. He also used his magics to unobtrusively shape the wind and the waves to ease the ships progress.

2x Make money: Sailing
2x Gather a following
He rose through the ranks and even gathered a small but devoted following among the sailing community.
Skill 4 x 52 weeks x 2 years = 408 silver
Presence 2 x 10 x 2 years = 40 follower points.
      10 Skill 3 Sailors
      3 Skill 3 Fighters

2x Focus on the family
However the most important thing to happen to Miles in his first decade was meeting the ship owners daughter Olivia. They were instantly taken with one another and he spent all his time ashore in her company. Eventually he realized he could trust her with even his deepest secrets, so he told her his true nature and asked for her hand in marriage.
One year later their first child was born.
1 follower point for a trustworthy wife.

Summary:
13 worshipers +2 attribute points
   10 skill 3 Sailors
   3 Skill 3 Fighters
S:2 A:2 I:6 W:4 Per:2 Pres:2
Skills: Sailing 6
Magic: Weather Control 4
Wealth: 408 Silver
Family:
New wife Olivia
New child 1 year old

Please check this over to make sure it's alright.

I hope my use of magic is ok, I figure since it's just flavor/training.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 02:42:53 pm »

EVENT: THE GUTTER RAT
AMMON

The sun shone bright upon the filth strewn streets of Dashun. Sitting at the joining of a tributary and the Nile, several trading companies had warehouses here, storing the  copper and tin that are brought here and forged into bronze, and then shipped out to the rest of Egypt. 
   It was also the site of several major government offices, where tax collectors would gather together the taxes of the region.
   This confluence of wealth and power brought the poor looking for work and a chance of a better life. Ammon was one of those, once. Though now he was something a bit. . . more.
A shadow fell over Ammon, and he glanced up. A well built man, with hard look in his eyes and a scar slashed across his face, looked down, grunted, and kneeled in front of Ammon.   
   “I’m told you have sharp eyes, gutter boy, and I’m in need of sharp eyes. A tax collector is coming in today, a man named Beret, one who owes me a lot of money. He’s a bald man, amulet with a purple gem. If you spot him, follow him until he settles in, then report back to me,” He flashes a grin, “There will be something in it for you too.”

What do you do?
A. Take his offer.
B.Refuse
C. Something else?

Spoiler: Events (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:07:23 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 03:50:22 pm »

-Event: The Gutter Rat
The beggar child looked back towards the scarred man. The beggars and street urchins were often ignored by most but saw so much of what happened on the streets. Anyone looking for a good spy who knew how things worked would come to the homeless. This man knew how things worked. He was a criminal of some sort unless he missed his guess, out to rob a wealthy tax collector. That was something he could get behind and this offer could potentially open up some criminal contacts, unless Ammon had missed his guess as to the nature of the man before him. "I have some of the sharpest eyes around," Ammon replied "Normally I would be concerned that this crutch of mine would slow me down so I couldn't keep up but this is a tax collector we're talking about. They always stroll so leisurely about the place, I guess they must be weighed down beneath the weight of other people's money," He gave the man a little grin "Tell me how you want me to contact you when he's stopped and you'll have use of this gutter boy's eyes,"

-Option selection
A

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 04:14:22 pm »

EVENT: THE GUTTER RAT
A:
   It was early in the morning and the sun had not yet risen when the tax collector Beret slunk into town. Ammon was able to get a general sense of the tax man’s location earlier after being told the man’s name and appearance, and it felt that he was outside the city. Ammon merely waited until it felt closer, then followed it.
   Beret slunk through one of the smaller side gates, slipping the guard a few coins then hurried on his way. He seemed to be holding a rather heavy pouch.  Ammon followed easily, using his crutch to skip through the alley ways easily. You followed him to a tavern by the docks, where he meet with a few men you recognized as boat pilots. It is an easy assumption to make that he is trying to get a boat out of the city.

What do you do?
A. Hurry back and let the man know where Beret is.
B. Just steal the Beret’s gold.
C. Steal the Beret’s gold, then alert the scarred man to his location.
D. Something else?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 04:35:57 pm »

-Event: The Gutter Rat
Ammon followed the tax collector, his keen eyes alert for any signs of a trap. But nothing materialized as he found himself by the docks. This man had bribed a guard to slip into the city unnoticed and was looking for a boat out of the city. He probably wanted to leave as quietly as he came in. From his actions it was clear he knew full well someone was after him. Ammon didn't try to get his gold. Stealing his gold could put him at odds with both the scarred man and any one on Beret's side. There would be other opportunities latter for making money. What mattered to Ammon right now was finding out just what this was all about. As he hurried back to the scarred man to tell him Beret's location he made a mental note to sneak back to keep an eye on the tax collector. You could never know what could be shaken out when someone's criminal plan got rolling. Ammon would be there quietly waiting to scavenge what ever he could from any chaos that unfolded by the docks.

-Option selection
A

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 04:49:26 pm »

Ammon hurries to where the scarred man told him to meet. Ammon explains what is going on to the door thug, who goes and gets the man, Yondis, Ammon hears him called. Yondis comes, a bit bleary eyed, but perks up when he is told where the tax collector is. He and 4 thugs rush out to stop him from leaving.
   Ammon follows closely behind. When the thugs arrive, they spot the tax collector and the pilot making way to the boat. A foot race ensures, one that ends with both Beret and the pilot being caught and pounded with the clubs the thugs had. Once they were finished, Yondis strips the tax collector of his purse and amulet, and rolls the bodies into the river. He grins and laughs with his men. He spots Ammon in the shadows, and tosses him a gold coin.
   “You earned it, gutter rat. You did good work tonight, come by in the morning and I may have some more work for you.” Yondis nods and walks away.

+1 gold coin
+5 influence, criminal connections.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 10:22:28 pm »

Use three actions to practice Smithing
Use two actions to practice Fletching

Masamune didn't remember anything of his previous life, but something about metalwork felt right. It was almost like shaping reality on a personal level. He took up an apprenticeship in the nearest city, quickly remembering old skills. Near the end of the sixth year, his master gave him a gift; his own set of tools, so that he could make his own way forward.

Use two actions to study Enchanting

Perhaps it was possible to stretch that ability further, to create an impression deeper than any mortal smith could possibly make. The power of a Sindari should be able to create tools that could do much more than a simple lump of bronze or iron should be capable of.

Use two actions to make money with Smithing

But still, mundane concerns came first. Masamune worked, under a more mundane and local name, to earn money to start building his base of wealth. A yearning rose in his heart, however, a yearning to travel to the east. . .

Use one action to forge some equipment for myself

So Masamune created some simple arms and armor for himself, spending quite some time to ensure they were of the highest quality he could manage.

Expected Results
-(6+2+1) = +9 Smithing
-+4 Enchanting
-+4 Fletching
-52 weeks * Skill of 6 at the time * 2 years = +624 silver
-Gain (possibly enchanted w/basic durability, sharpness?) set of medium armor, sword
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:57:43 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 04:31:43 am »

Spoiler: Amelia, The Builder (click to show/hide)
Amelia was a craftsman before becoming who she was today, crafting subtleties and trinkets while practicing a culture and principle of what she believed would further that of the deity she worshipped...in secret. Now, she felt his power in her, and felt notably vulnerable. She decided to part ways with her companions at the temple, mentioning that she would keep in touch over the years, and headed eastwards--away from Atlantis and her anxieties, finding a place akin to vague memories of her mountainous home.

She wondered how she would keep contact with her fellows. They were numerous, and travel was...time-taking.

{Telepathy/All} "I am heading to the East, away from Atlantis. I wish to help the world and learn more about the differing cultures to see how far the Cisharni have influenced Sind's creation. I will seek islands, or isolated regions, even aiming to build us a base of worship and influence. I will provide its foundations, from digging under Earth, to making its infrastructure to reflect against the skies."

Spend one year moving away from the general direction of Atlantis, finding a home in a mountainous area (preferably surrounded by forest and sea) alongside acquainting self with the locals.

Upon finding her desired area, and either meeting with friendly locals or otherwise establishing connection with folks, Amelia decided to trek to the highest peak, passing the cloud-line, and seeing the lands from sunset to sunrise in full. Therein, she decided to start helping herself, moving to one of the nearby valleys and creating a makeshift storage in a cave. This would be her training grounds, far from the knowledge of others, other than her kin--other Sindari. She would spend her early years in contemplation and thought, alongside making foundations for the lands she would aid and help grow.

Spend 3 years focused on Mining.

As time passed, everytime she visited the nearby brook to refresh herself, she would notice the lack of age on her person. Her acuity and memory would also feel quite active, just like the previous years. Having found enough time to practice her trade skills, and convert materials into materials, she disguised herself (in the least with a cloak and hood) as a peddler of various minor wares (such as miniscule tools and cultural trinkets) and sought to trade between the locals in her region: In between routes, ensuring that she would be storing more prized possessions from Alchemy in the cave she designated years ago.

Spend 3 years on Engineering
Spend 3 years on Administration

She decided to be an honest merchant--as she realized even before becoming a Sindari that one's own values and principles were honed and seen first by oneself, in the innermost sanctum unbreached by any she could think of: Her mind. In that time, she had decided to acquaint herself more with the locals, focusing on her skills rather than any payment (as this would come later), and providing her services solely in pursuit of training her skills to the local communities. Any benefits therein, such as recognition or prestige, would come from others' choices, not hers.

She saw the local agriculture, and noticed her memory reconstruct details from her homeland. Steppes and terrances would line the mountainsides to provide farmland themselves, while mining areas (or at least future designations) would be placed in areas where runoff would not endanger and create collateral damage to the wildlife and flora. Therein, she began helping out in every stay she had per community, learning just as much from the locals in comparison to the knowledge she imparted, alongside noticing that she herself had flaws in the concepts originally designed if applied in context. There was so much to learn, but she prided that this was something that existed in life.

Even if the Cisherni had existed for centuries, they had not wiped out the perseverance and creativity of mankind, and those alongside them.

Expected Results:
- Mining, Administration, and Engineering increase to level 6 (Expert), having 3 years invested in each, respectively.
- Possible Influence with the locals, and news or information about this new place with such preferences of terrain mentioned above. (Primarily mountainous, primarily isolated, secondarily forested/hilly, and seaside [or at least major river for port construction])
- Possible cross-experience with Trade or Social skills.
- Gain in a quantity of materials from Alchemy use for future wealth/trade/business opportunity, stored in a remote cave? [abstracted into bundles of wealth? :P]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 10:50:51 pm by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:46 pm »

TURN 2 AA (After Ascension) 10-20

The Elves of Silvercrest had long sought peace and tranquility. Sons and daughters of the Cisharni Celdowin, they rejected the power and prestige of Atlantis, and embraced isolation, stagnation, and now, death.

The Inquisitor snarled as he dodged another arrow, ducking to the side as it flashed where his head was moments ago. He sprinted and leaped over the barricade the elves had erected, landing in the midst of three of them.

They were fast, he had to admit as they dropped their bows and drew their swords. But he was faster still.
As quick as a serpent’s strike, his winged spear plunged into one elf’s throat, and quickly torn out and spun to meet the second and third swords. Weapons flashed in the moonlight as the Inquisitor deflected an array of blows. He knocked the elf’s blade away and slashed through her arm, making her cry out and leap away. The last elf desperately threw everything he had, his fine technique degenerating into hacking. A little deflection of the elf’s sword and the Inquisitor buried his spear into the elf’s heart. He watched impassively as he slumped to the ground, dead.

The Inquisitor turned  and looked at the last elf. Trembling, she raised her sword and snarled, rushing at him. He casually turned to the side, flicking out his winged spear and sent her head spinning away.
Captain Balisurade jumped over the barricade, saber out and gemlock pistol at the ready, followed by several soldiers.  They paused at the sight of the black robed Inquisitor, armored in dark plate, with gold eyes glittering beneath the hood.

“Continue the attack, Captain.” The Inquisitor ordered. The captain, brave to a fault, obeyed. The Inquisitor continued behind. The elvish oasis would soon fall, he had no doubt of that.

The elves were capable warriors to a man, but could not defeat a determined attack by Atlantean forces. The Empire had long desired Silvercrest, for both it’s oasis and magic wellspring that drew the elves there in the first place.

The Inquisitor walked into the clearing making the center of the Oasis. Captain Balisurade laid on the ground, sightless eye staring up next to bristled shaft. Fire spread through the elegant houses of the elves, and cries of the wounded echoed through the clearing.

In the middle of the clearing stood a great tree, unnatural large for a desert oasis. In front of the tree stood an elvish sorceress, blue fire crackling and arcing around her. Bullets snapped against her shield, deflecting harmlessly away. Bolts of fire shot out from her, each one burning a hole into an Atlantean soldiers chest. A bolt shot towards the Inquisitor, hitting him in the chest. Fire spread over his breastplate, merely warming him. He spun his spear, deflecting the next bolt away, and charged at the elvish sorceress. Her guards formed in front of her, presenting blades and shields with a look of determination. 

The Inquisitor grinned. This might be a challenge. He dodged another bolt, and jumped over over the elvish shields, stabbing down through the helmet of one warrior. He tore out the spear, and slammed the haft into the next defender, knocking him down. A golden haired elf brought  his sword down in a swift strike, but froze as the the Inquisitor's armored hand caught the blade mid swing. A wrench flung the blade away, and impaled the defender with his spear.

The Inquisitor glanced over at the sorceress. Sweat glimmered over her body, and her hair was flung about by the wild energies barely under her control. She glared at him with rage in her eyes, and the firestorm around her intensified with her words.  He bared his teeth as he parried a sword blow and sent the defender stumbling away.

He sprinted towards her as she shouted out in defiance. Fire lashed around his limbs, binding him back as the storm raged against him. His skin blistered as he strained against the magical bonds holding him back. He mustered what energy remained and pushed with a shout. The firestorm billowed away, and the magical bonds binding him snapped. The sorceress had only enough time to blink her eyes in surprise as the Inquisitor lunged.

She groaned and glared at him. “Your time is coming to an end, Cisharni scum. I saw it in the stars. A new power will rise. It will be time of revolution, of fire and sword. Atlantis will fall. “

He gazed with at her with cold intensity as he muttered an incantation, and she gasped as the light in her eyes faded. A silver essence flowed from her body into a gem at his belt.
The Inquisitor stared pensively at the body before him. The daughters of Celdowin often had a talent for prophecy, but they were wrong before. He dismissed it from his thoughts. There was still work to be done.

STATE OF THE EMPIRE:
The Empire is stable around the Mediterranean, with thoughts of revolution simmering in Egypt. Several Greek city states dream of independence. Rome, Spain, and Carthage are fine members of the Empire. Armies and legions are currently pacifying Gaul, and conquering Persia.   

SINDARI INFLUENCE:
   Minimal.

Spoiler: Character stuff (click to show/hide)
Don'y forget to update your character sheet with your new skills, and you get an attribute point to apply!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 09:52:08 pm »

This decade is when the magic happens.

Year 1, I, and those others who choose to come with me, will travel with a trade caravan along the Silk Road. I will observe the manner in which our hosts conduct their trade, and will practice with their guards, learning the art of swordsmanship. I may not learn it in depth, but it is useful to know how to defend oneself. All that time, over the course of the year, we shall draw ever closer to China. By the end, I expect to know how to trade, know the very basics of sword fighting, and have enough goods or money to start trading myself.

Year 2, I shall explore China, learning of its culture and government. More importantly, though, I will learn whether or not they have immortals, like us or the Cisharni. The answer will direct my further policy regarding the place.

After that, the last 8 years... that is where the game truly begins. Here, is where I enter the field of trade. Here's a rundown:
On the way to China, I scouted around the outskirts of each stop, looking for an isolated place where I could teleport in or out inconspicuously. These will, of course, be how I get from place to place.
Biweekly, I will spend 2 or 3 days checking up on prices, altering my trading pairs based on them. The rest of the time, I will buy goods where they are most common and cheapest, then teleport to and sell them at the place where they are rarest and most expensive (but which still sell). However, I will always sell them for a little bit under the average price in the selling stop; if I sold for the same price, I wouldn't be guaranteed sales, but if I sold too cheap, people would likely avoid me, out of fear that I'm selling fake goods.
As soon as I'm able to, I will establish a trade company, so that I can put most of my earned funds into that, as well as allowing me to set up my own caravans that can sell goods in bulk (I can only sell what I can carry on my person, due to teleportation restrictions). I will also try to restrain any reputation-building to the Far East regions, to prevent the Cisharni from catching on.

Expected Results:
Year 1 - Original entry to China, trade route stops for teleportation, +1 skill to trading, potential for more swordsmanship skill
Year 2 - +5 Influence, information on China, full China teleportation access
Years 3-10 - 292 gold (1 silver a day x 365 days x 8 years), lots of teleportation practice (can we get this down to 1-minute teleports? Nope, but down to 20 minutes; also, being someone with me?) (let's say another 4 years focus), trade practice (let's say 4 years of that, so I'll be at 5 at the end), +? eastern influence, ownership of a trade company (200 of the 292 gold invested), +20 business influence
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:26:05 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22